best android phone on verizon right now

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my droid stinks. I hate the battery life on it. I have the extended battery and it still only lasts a little while. I listen to iheartradio and radioplay alot and it just drains the extended battery very quick plus there isn't an accurate battery meter for my seido battery.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this then I will keep my original droid until the bionic or thunderbolt come out.

This completly off topic and irrelevant. Let's keep to the op or this thread will be closed.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
my droid stinks. I hate the battery life on it. I have the extended battery and it still only lasts a little while. I listen to iheartradio and radioplay alot and it just drains the extended battery very quick plus there isn't an accurate battery meter for my seido battery.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this then I will keep my original droid until the bionic or thunderbolt come out.

This completly off topic and irrelevant. Let's keep to the op or this thread will be closed.

I AM THE OP. I was just asking how to make my droid work better since the majoritiy here think it is the best phone out.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well, are you rooted?

If not then you need to root, flash a custom kernel and rom, and figure which mix of low voltage + speed increase is stable for your phone. You will most likely see a big difference in speed, responsiveness, and battery life.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
i tried rooting. There are so many different choices though. Finding one that I like is a pain plus NONE give me an accurate battery reading for my seido extended battery.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Even going into recovery mod and deleting battery stats? That helped a deal with my (slightly) extended battery after I flashed fission. Keep in mind I have the D2G and the process of rooting is different, + i cant change kernels.

I only know what applies to the 2 and 2 global....and there are plenty of how-tos for your phone. Its all a matter of mix and match but I have heard that bugless beast, UD and cyanogen are some of the best roms.

sarah0963

Reaction score
Im fixing to upgrade my phone but can't decide on which one I want I'm leaning towards the incredible or should i hold out for the thunderbolt? Also whenever Verizon goes to tiered data plans is that going to be for 3g to or just 4g?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Tiered plans will apply for 4G. If you want to wait til god knows how long for an extra 200 bucks, go for the tbolt. I dont think itll be as amazing as it lives up to, and will most likely drop a couple hundred in price after 2 to 3 months...

How much is the incredible on/off contract as of now? And verizon is shelling out 100 bucks off offers for their old phones like its no tomorrow. With the price/cap on 4G still a hot debate for phone you'd save a lot of money getting an 'outdated' phone and sticking to 3G.

sarah0963

Reaction score
Okay that's sorta what I was thinking too. thanks for the input!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You're welcome! Im glad to throw my opinions around lol

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
My dad has the Dinc. He asks me to fix things on it all the time. He hates it because the battery life stinks. I hate it because it has Sense and I am a tech savvy person who has rooted his OG Droid and used multiple roms and Sense confuses the heck out of me.

My overclocked OG Droid has MORE features than his, is faster, and I don't have to deal with Sense. Running LithMod gives me all I need.

I know it was a right now question but all of the right now phones will be instantly outdated soon by the Bionic.

Not relevant

The right now phone would be the OG Droid. I've been using it rooted so I'm going fast and I get some extra features....

OP has a Droid. The Dinc trashes D1 hands down as far as performance & features.

Two simple steps for your father's Dinc. First root it and install a custom rom. That removes Sense, which I wasn't overly fond of either, and gives you the choice of various custom roms. I'm running a Gingerbread rom on my Dinc., and love it.

Second, buy a Seidio 3500 Extended Battery on Amazon, their prices are lower than buying directly from Seidio. The Seidio 3500 gives fantastic battery life, and SOLVES the battery life issue completely. You can go *days* between charges, and I have an AMOLED screen which is extremely power hungry. I keep the display maxed out - brightness all the way up - because I like the way it looks, and the Seidio battery allows me to to that, with plenty left over for other uses.

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
i tried rooting. There are so many different choices though. Finding one that I like is a pain plus NONE give me an accurate battery reading for my seido extended battery.

I've had the Seidio 3500 extended battery since June and use "Mini Info" and "Battery Left" - both free from the Market - and both give me identical, accurate readings on that battery. I also have a Seidio 2700 on my Droid 1 and have had nothing but problems getting anything approaching accurate readings from the same two programs. There was at one time a massive thread about Seidio extended batteries on this forum, and the consensus seemed to be that Motorola's hardware had difficulty reading the charge level on aftermarket batteries like Seidio's, but HTC's hardware didn't. All I can tell you is that the Seidio 3500 has worked perfectly on my Dinc, since the day I installed it.

-Mike

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion a rooted/rom'd og droid will work just fine til the real next gen phones start hitting the market.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have the OG Droid you can get three programs and do this easily.

Get SetCPU so you can overclock it and EasyRoot so you can root. Then buy Rom Manager.

The best and most simple rom with the best battery life and lowest temp I've used is Lithium Mod which is available right off Rom Manager which makes this VERY easy to do.

You will feel like you have a new Droid.

I AM THE OP. I was just asking how to make my droid work better since the majoritiy here think it is the best phone out.

leland

Reaction score
No love for the Fascinate here? I'm in the same position and just posted a thread asking the question of whether to swap from my OG Droid or not. I'm running RZR and have good battery life, but crappy performance.

Would love to get slimmer and lighter - the Fascinate should fit the bill. They have to get Froyo (officially) on it someday.