Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If Atrix will be released on ATT with no release date for a Tegra 2 phone on VZ I'm tempted to move to ATT , anyway they both have crappy signal where I live .

BobFr

Reaction score
Still hoping for the Atrix on Verizon in the future.

I hope CK is right that the Atrix will be coming to Verizon in addition to the Bionic. The Atrix has 1GB of RAM compared to 512MB for the Bionic, and has the cool Multimedia and Laptop docks available. To me it clearly is the superior phone. With LTE it would really be a killer!

I hope CK is right that the Atrix will be coming to Verizon in addition to the Bionic. The Atrix has 1GB of RAM compared to 512MB for the Bionic, and has the cool Multimedia and Laptop docks available. To me it clearly is the superior phone. With LTE it would really be a killer!

The Atrix has 1GIG of ram, but the Bionic has a 4.3 in screen and 8 megapixel camera, and we will found out about the rest tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As AT&T stated today...the Atrix is an exclusive AT&T device. Now we know how. VZW gets more screen size and a few extra MP on the camera while AT&T gets the power and better size with corresponding better pixel density than the VZW Bionic.

I think AT&T came out on top with the new Motorola flagship device. I can't wait to get one!!!!

We can only hope that this exclusive AT&T device is "exclusive" to AT&T for only a short time, and that Big Red gets a version in a few months. As for the extra screen size, I know that many, including my petite wife, won't want the larger screen size of the Bionic. It will be too big for her hands. And megapixels is a crappy way to measure camera quality. DSLRs are moving away from this measurement as the be-all and end-all. Since the camera sensors on phones are so small, the amount of light hitting each pixel on the sensor becomes really small with high megapixel sensors, making performance under low light conditions difficult. That's the reason DSLRs are going to sensors that are larger in area to deal with this issue. So I'll be curious to see how the 8 megapixel camera performs in low light conditions compared to the 5 megapixel.

I still have an OG Droid purchased on the first day it was out, but I'm going to wait at least a few more months to see if the Atrix or a similar product appears on Verizon!:)

IanG

Reaction score
Really wish this would come to Verizon.

Bionic 4.3" is just a tad big, the Atrix 4" is perfect... and it has a beautiful docking station and whatnot...

Really wish Verizon has something exactly like this and a semi-upgrade to the Bionic up their sleeves.. I don't want to have to wait until Q3/Q4 for a LTE phone.

MatUK.8

Reaction score
Any news on a release date?

I am one of the lucky ones on AT&T, and I have a IPhone 3G and I've been waiting to upgrade. This will be the time :)

Anyone have news or rumors on the possible release date?

Same here, I am eligible for upgrade this month and was about to get the Samsung Captivate until I saw all the new droid phones coming out. I have good AT&T coverage here so I can't wait. I am just worried that I won't be able to root the Atrix. I like to mess around and really customize my phone so I may have to wait for the HTC Inspire. But a release date would give me some closer here.

MatUK.8

Reaction score
They are saying that both the Atrix and the Inspire are Q1 though, so not long hopefully. They spoke about how the inspire doesn't have its official software yet though. AT&T has to sign off on every detail of the software that HTC is incorporating.

joseph4you

Reaction score

MatUK.8

Reaction score
Since I am not a droid owner... Yet. I am obviously unfamiliar with it all. But is anyone else concerned about this phone being locked down? I want to be able root it and really customize it.

Devinclfalcons

Reaction score
I hope it's true that it will be released on AT&T in January. Any other sources with release date info?

Any news on a release date?

I am one of the lucky ones on AT&T, and I have a IPhone 3G and I've been waiting to upgrade. This will be the time :)

Anyone have news or rumors on the possible release date?

I believe the phone will be coming out this month according to this info thats in Canada :)
Bell Canada to exclusively launch Motorola ATRIX in Canada | BGR | Boy Genius Report

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That phone is impressive. Looks like it will do what it says very well with regards to docking, but still seems like kind of a gimmick.

The wire is still a disappointment. Get this done over bluetooth and you have something.

IMO, this device looks to be a real breakthrough for mfrs. Seemed apps and UI would be the only way to differentiate going forward, and the docking app is one example of that. But now you can see the potential for all kinds of accessories - car dock, desktop dock, remote control...More ways to monetize functionality and create cafeteria type purchase experiences.

fucco

Reaction score
Any infobif this phone is heading to verizon

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

j3oomerang

Reaction score
The most exciting thing in cellphone tech for me right now is Verizon's 4G, but I'd be lying if I said this phone doesn't have me thinking about leaving Verizon. To make matters worse I just shattered my Droid 1 pretty badly yesterday.

I don't think it was pointed out yet but this phone does have HDMI out.

And to whoever was talking about QHD and the iPhone, personally, I'd much rather have QHD on a 4" screen vs a 3.5" screen. (4.3" screen even better)