Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But even if the AT&T version is separated by the specs like that....good for them. Ppl shouldnt feel like they have to go to Verizon to get the best Android phones.

When I say phones, I'm talking total line up.

2005CTS

Reaction score
I think in the end - Motorola has proven that Android is not going anywhere - even when the iPhone4 comes to VZW. Their new line up of phones are damn impressive. Expect Android activations to shoot through the roof when both of these Motorola devices get released. Then add in the LG, Samsung and HTC LTE devices and the iPhone will have a serious run for their money...finally.

rybnik

Reaction score
I am rather envious that this appears not to be offered on Big Red....How come the screen resolution was never mentioned before...this is the first cellphone beside the iphone to have this high res a screen, right?

cb2000a

Reaction score
This phone appears to not only be coming out sooner than the Bionic, but better as well. More ram and the awesome docking options just blow the Bionic away. Maybe time to switch back to ATT.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Wow, CES has not even officially started yet and we've already seen an awesome phone like this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Phantom99

Reaction score
I just died a little inside when i saw it was at&t:icon_ nono2:
I'm right there with ya.

On a side note the finger print security interests and scares me at the same time. I like the idea, but what happens if for some reason it loses or doesn't recognize your finger, how screwed would you be? Is there a back up?

Appleanche

Reaction score
Yeah this really sucks, the Atrix is a dream phone, and it's stuck on a network that still has EDGE here. :icon_evil:

2005CTS

Reaction score
I am rather envious that this appears not to be offered on Big Red....How come the screen resolution was never mentioned before...this is the first cellphone beside the iphone to have this high res a screen, right?

There are several phones hitting the market this year that have the same number of pixels as the iPhone4. But - while it will be a huge improvement to anyone using a current non iPhone4 smart phone - it won't be quite as good as the iPhone4. Due to the fact that on the Atrix the screen is a half inch larger - that means that the pixels won't quite be as dense. The iPhone4's Retina display doesn't talk about the total number of pixels on the screen - they have from the beginning talked about ppi or pixels per square inch. It was a smart marketing move on their part because since they refuse to follow the rest of the manufacturers in building a larger screened device they will probably always keep a higher ppi than the competition even when the competition matches their total pixel count.

That said - the Atrix appears to have a beautiful display with very sharp images. Most people will not be able to tell the difference between the Atrix and iPhone4. The Bionic also has the same number of pixels as the Atrix - but it is yet again another .3 inches larger so it is like two small steps away from the iPhone4 and the Atrix is one small step. But they are both leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

2005CTS

Reaction score
This phone appears to not only be coming out sooner than the Bionic, but better as well. More ram and the awesome docking options just blow the Bionic away. Maybe time to switch back to ATT.

Yes - I will be preordering this phone the minute the preorder site goes up. I have been on Verizon for the last three years and am ready to move back to AT&T. This phone is a dream phone. And as you say - the accessories are out of this world. I like it that they are coming from Motorola and that we don't have to wait for the after market to design them. I also like it that the charging dock is Horizontal rather than Veritcal. Makes for a better alarm clock. The iPhone and EVO dock are vertical. The car dock rocks as well - perfect as my CTS doesn't have navigation.

I'm curious how many people are going to get the notbook dock. Or rather - what docks are you getting.

I am going to get the Notebook Dock, charging dock and car dock as well as the phone and a 32gb card. I am hoping to get all of that for less than $600.00...but that might be a stretch.

rybnik

Reaction score

There are several phones hitting the market this year that have the same number of pixels as the iPhone4. But - while it will be a huge improvement to anyone using a current non iPhone4 smart phone - it won't be quite as good as the iPhone4. Due to the fact that on the Atrix the screen is a half inch larger - that means that the pixels won't quite be as dense. The iPhone4's Retina display doesn't talk about the total number of pixels on the screen - they have from the beginning talked about ppi or pixels per square inch. It was a smart marketing move on their part because since they refuse to follow the rest of the manufacturers in building a larger screened device they will probably always keep a higher ppi than the competition even when the competition matches their total pixel count.

That said - the Atrix appears to have a beautiful display with very sharp images. Most people will not be able to tell the difference between the Atrix and iPhone4. The Bionic also has the same number of pixels as the Atrix - but it is yet again another .3 inches larger so it is like two small steps away from the iPhone4 and the Atrix is one small step. But they are both leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

you say several phones....Do you know of others beside the atrix and the bionic??

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing I dont like about it not being on Verizon...the Droid advertising.

I can just picture now what they could come up with for the Atrix...lol. I hope AT&T promotes this amazing phone like it should be promoted.

Big Ry

Reaction score
AT&T Droid commercial:

*menacing voice*

"DROOOOOID"

*bubbly voice*

"On AT&T!!!"
One thing I dont like about it not being on Verizon...the Droid advertising.

I can just picture now what they could come up with for the Atrix...lol. I hope AT&T promotes this amazing phone like it should be promoted.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
And if AT&T's LTE service goes live with an Atrix in Q1 2011 as promised, and VZW still doesn't have an LTE device out, its gonna look BAAAAD for ol big red! AT&T commercials will be rippin VZW BIG time!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk