[ROM] Axi0m [b] | cm9 | 4.0.3 | 2/18/2012

nnewbill

Reaction score
I have reflashed 4 times with 3 different downloads(both ROM and masturmods .apk update) and I don't get a superuser error, I'm able to allow superuser access. Instead I get an error that "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" error. This occurs just after the mod shows downloading/installing. I choose OK, then it requests reboot to finish them installation. After reboot, there is no custom mods in status bar so it's definately not working.

Anyone else having the same issue or know what may be causing this? I know it's just and add-on, but I can only expect that something must be corrupt and the ROM will probably not be stable. On a positive note, the battery life is better than even ICS4Bionic ROM(which was much better than stock) it seems in the full day I had it installed before I started reflashing.

I have the same behavior with the masturmods. Some of them work, some dont (for instance "Circle Battery (Glow)" did not work for me). I have not tried the Signal Cluster Mods, I like the icons the way they are.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Test drove axi0m for a day after 3 days on ICS4Bionic, reflashed 4x and each time the rom became more unstable for some reason. The last 2x i skipped initial google set-up and didnt load any apps expecting the one of the 6 common utility apps i was installing was the cause. The last flash i could receive calls but homescreen would freeze while it was ringing:(

I really enjoyed test driving ICS and am now very familiar with running through all the menus and available settings after so many flashes. Looking forward to this rom developing into a full featured DT ROM;)

I will give it another go this weekend, back to my dependable stock set-up for a few days so i can get some work done. I'm missing ICS already, good thing my tablet has a full ics theme lol.

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums

swc2001

Reaction score
Hey man I am so glad the riff raff of the androids didnt keep ya down. You are truly amazing. Thanks for all you do Brother.
I just found out you are coming back to the Bionic and am extremely appreciative. Have a good one!!

battle

Reaction score
Hey Th3ory,
First, I gotta say Thank You to you and all involved in making this ROM possible.
I love the look and feel of ICS, especially the way that you can group apps.

I have some questions:

Most importantly, any idea why ESPN Scorecenter Video won't play videos?
Also Netflix won't play videos?
I don't know if that has something to do with just my phone or the fact that this is a ROM and those apps require a Stock ROM?
These two apps get me thru work everyday. haha
(not a big issue tho, as I'm running safestrap so occassionally I will boot back into stock ROM)

Also, I miss the World Clock widget from the Stock ROM, is that just not included in ICS?

Another thing, DocumentsToGo had a Recent Documents Folder Icon that could be placed on the homescreen by long-pressing the homescreen and choosing shortcuts...Is that also no longer available in ICS? Long-pressing the homescreen now just brings up wallpaper choices. (not a huge issue as I can just access those documents in my downloads folder or by going thru the DocumentsToGo app)

Yesterday, my voice search wasn't working... but after I let my phone think about what it did overnight, it decided to work.

I'm using an extended battery, and I noticed that the battery levels are way off when i compare Axi0m and my stock ROM...
Today is my first day using just Axi0m on a full charge, and I will write back later to let you know if I got a full day out of it.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this build.
I wanted to wait for 4g to be working and it works without issues (after I do the gsm to cdma/lte switch first!)

Thanks again Th3ory

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Another thing, DocumentsToGo had a Recent Documents Folder Icon that could be placed on the homescreen by long-pressing the homescreen and choosing shortcuts...Is that also no longer available in ICS? Long-pressing the homescreen now just brings up wallpaper choices. (not a huge issue as I can just access those documents in my downloads folder or by going thru the DocumentsToGo app)

In ICS, long press app in app drawer to drag/drop onto the screen you want. Coming from GB, it's the little tweaks that take some getting used to lol.

Last edited:

nnewbill

Reaction score
Hey Th3ory,
First, I gotta say Thank You to you and all involved in making this ROM possible.
I love the look and feel of ICS, especially the way that you can group apps.

I have some questions:

Most importantly, any idea why ESPN Scorecenter Video won't play videos?
Also Netflix won't play videos?
I don't know if that has something to do with just my phone or the fact that this is a ROM and those apps require a Stock ROM?
These two apps get me thru work everyday. haha
(not a big issue tho, as I'm running safestrap so occassionally I will boot back into stock ROM)

Also, I miss the World Clock widget from the Stock ROM, is that just not included in ICS?

I'm using an extended battery, and I noticed that the battery levels are way off when i compare Axi0m and my stock ROM...
Today is my first day using just Axi0m on a full charge, and I will write back later to let you know if I got a full day out of it.

Thanks again Th3ory

I think even though the radio works, it is still very flaky. People have complained about fuzzy reception and intolerable breaking when using the phone. I have also noticed that playing video (specifically through the Youtube app) is extremely choppy. I think even though it is working, there are underlying problems causing fragmented data or other issues giving the results that we are seeing. All and all, this is alpha and we should bring that with the understanding that things will not be perfect.

Addtionally, the long press on the home screen is no longer used for adding widgets. When you go to the apps menu you will see the widgets toggle at the top. This is where you will control the use of widgets/shortcuts/etc. However within the Apps menu you can long press icons here and it will release to the home screen.

Battery:

Wipe battery stats. You either have to do this under the safestrap menu or you can get an app like "ROM Toolbox" which allows you to do it within ICS (reboot required). You need to wipe stats at full charge, let it charge all the way down without plugging it up, charge it all the way up to 100% again and perform another "wipe battery stats".

battle

Reaction score
In ICS, long press app in app drawer to drag/drop onto the screen you want. Coming from GB, it's the little tweaks that take some getting used to lol.

I already knew that, theres no place to get to a list of folders (which is where Recent Documents was available from before)

battle

Reaction score
I think even though the radio works, it is still very flaky. People have complained about fuzzy reception and intolerable breaking when using the phone. I have also noticed that playing video (specifically through the Youtube app) is extremely choppy. I think even though it is working, there are underlying problems causing fragmented data or other issues giving the results that we are seeing. All and all, this is alpha and we should bring that with the understanding that things will not be perfect.

Addtionally, the long press on the home screen is no longer used for adding widgets. When you go to the apps menu you will see the widgets toggle at the top. This is where you will control the use of widgets/shortcuts/etc. However within the Apps menu you can long press icons here and it will release to the home screen.

Battery:

Wipe battery stats. You either have to do this under the safestrap menu or you can get an app like "ROM Toolbox" which allows you to do it within ICS (reboot required). You need to wipe stats at full charge, let it charge all the way down without plugging it up, charge it all the way up to 100% again and perform another "wipe battery stats".

Hmm, I haven't experienced any issues with phone calls, but I haven't had this ROM going for a whole day.

Thanks for the battery info, I did not know that.

mikedav1

Reaction score
I've been on this for 3 days now. All in all, its great. I have to redo the data after each reboot, no biggie. Using the Apex launcher, there is no way I could find to get short cuts on screen. Also, lots of empty screen space. Using 360 launcher, and it works fine. Cannot play Angry birds. It freezes after a minute and then does a soft boot. Wish the camera problem was solved.
DT, it is Great to see you on this device again!!!!!!!

JerrethS

Reaction score
Th3ory,

This is EPIC!!!! No problems what so ever aside of course from the camera and having to toggle to get data. Very fast very sleek and no data drops at all after 1 day very nice. Cant wait to see what you have in store for us. Thanks very much.

ddg2112

Reaction score
This ROM is very nice. I have been using this all weekend and have had no data drops. I'm not too concern about the camera, as I don't use it very much. It's definately nice to have an alternate ROM to flash.

oblivious

Reaction score
Any one having issues with speaker (internal and external) when using phone. I have not been able to make any phone calls.

Also having same issues with Master Mod battery changes.

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using DroidForums

wizard

Reaction score
Any one having issues with speaker (internal and external) when using phone. I have not been able to make any phone calls.

Same issue on mine. My bluetooth works for phone calls but it has intermittent static on both sides of the conversation. If you have a Bluetooth it might work as a Temp till they get the Speakers figured out.?

mbmarsh

Reaction score
Ditto

Same problem here. I was able to receive a call earlier today, but when I try to make a call, I don't hear anything on internal or external speaker. I hate to go back to my safe ROM, since this was working so well, but if I can't make calls, doesn't make much sense to keep. Any ideas?