[ROM] Axi0m [b] | cm9 | 4.0.3 | 2/18/2012

Adam Browning

Reaction score
You download the apk (safestrap.apk), i dont think it is on the market just go to 4shared or google it, and from there install the recovery. Now when you boot you have the option to switch to safe mode or something like that, its at the bottom. It backs up your current rom, thus allowing you to easily switch between unstable and stable roms, or just any 2.

For me i can't install a rom if im not in the safe mode, which is dissapointing and kinda annoying because that means you can't change your daily driver rom. If someone know how to please share.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll go download that now and check it out. That's a HUGE help especially with the camera broken and a girlfriend that LOVES to take pictures of everything. ;)

But thank you DT for coming back! I was used to flashing a new ROM onto my D1 like every other week. It's been too long since a great ROM has been released for the Bionic besides [K]IN3TX. :icon_ banana:

markwebb

Reaction score
For me i can't install a rom if im not in the safe mode, which is dissapointing and kinda annoying because that means you can't change your daily driver rom. If someone know how to please share.

You can. Remember, Safestrap allows 2 ROMS: Unsafe (which is your original or default or stock ROM) and Safe (which is your "other" or new ROM). If you toggle and enable safe system, it backs up your original Unsafe ROM and then you boot into your Safe Rom. If you want to change that "safe" ROM, when you reboot, reboot again into SAFE recovery, just wipe and install a new ROM, while remaining in SAFE mode.

Vyruz

Reaction score
You can. Remember, Safestrap allows 2 ROMS: Unsafe (which is your original or default or stock ROM) and Safe (which is your "other" or new ROM). If you toggle and enable safe system, it backs up your original Unsafe ROM and then you boot into your Safe Rom. If you want to change that "safe" ROM, when you reboot, reboot again into SAFE recovery, just wipe and install a new ROM, while remaining in SAFE mode.

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that i can change both my safe and unsafe rom in safestrap? When i try on unsafe it tells me i cant install .zip unless i am on safe mode.

Adam Browning

Reaction score

So correct me if I'm wrong. You're able to install 2 different ROMs and can switch between either during reboot while retaining settings? That's pretty slick. I guess this also means there's no need for a back up if you're going to keep your unsafe ROM as your stock ROM?

Edit: OH YEA. I like safestrap. Lol. It's actually a really great idea. Kudos to the genius of a man that came up with it. But I just finished flashing and it's booting up now. I kind of like the boot sound though. It makes me feel like I have a very special phone that's happy to see me. :icon_ lala:

Last edited:

Adam Browning

Reaction score
All of the wallpapers are shifted to the right. :frown: Not a big deal. Everything else is running great though! I'm definitely going to use this for my everyday ROM now. Thank you for all you do man!

nnewbill

Reaction score
When you install bionicsafestrap and boot into recovery.. you go to safe strap menu or something along those lines. When turning that on, it will backup your current state and create a new slate for you to install the "testing" rom if you will. Then from there you install zip from flash. If your done testing or want to switch back.. you go back to the safe strap menu and turn it off. It will restore your previous state. It keeps them both.. so you can keep switching back and forth...

DroidmanDan

Reaction score
Just finished flashing. Boot up sound is going to get annoying me thinks.

If you go into system/media and delete the audio file, that's the boot sound. It's the folder with bootanimation.zip in it.

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using Tapatalk

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Loving it! One question for folks using safestrap and going back to their Daily on Unsafe: Are your gallery thumbs gone now and Gallery is sluggish? This seems to happen every time I put an ICS ROM on my safe system and then go back to unsafe when I'm done.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Downloading, looking forward to taking Axiom for a spin!

Sent from my Ice Creamed Supersonic Bionic by Droid Forums

nnewbill

Reaction score
This runs great.. best ICS port I have tested. Great job! Looking forward to the finished product.

I could also agree on the boot animation, just kill the sound..

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In addition, if you do have questions about safestrap, my guides for the D3 in my signature are "mostly" universal for D3, Bionic, RAZR and D4.

I updated them this morning so don't hesitate to check them out.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

wizard

Reaction score
Th3ory, love this rom. Would like to see swipe added back and corporate sync (or some sort of dedicated email client other than Gmail "for work email you know")

Thank you again for bringing back the bionic.

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using Tapatalk