[ROM] Axi0m [b] | cm9 | 4.0.3 | 2/18/2012

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
AXI0M IONIC ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3

READ THIS!

So...Here is my port (KANG) of my GNEX ROM AXI0M based off of ICSBIONIC. This IS ALPHA, I am aware of the bugs, no bugs reports are needed. READ the What's NOT working section and Enjoy. It is Fast, Smooth, Sexy, and most of all... Ice Cream Sandwich on the BIONIC (#dickslapmoto)

As Always, I start with the system, tuning it, making it fast, fluid and solid. MODS and features are then added.

DHACKER AND HASHCODE FOR BANGIN OUT THE BASE
CYANOGEN FOR SOURCE
MASTURMYND FOR THE MASTURMOD SETTINGS
KEJAR FOR STUB BATTERY

EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING EVER
FEATURES:

CM9 4.0.3 Source
Advanced Install Script
Integrated Google Apps 4.0.4
Modded Busybox 1.20 (Large File Support/Color Fix)
FULL INIT.D SupporT
MasturMOD Settings
FULL DSP Manager
VZW Support for APPS
Th3ory Go Faster Script (Speed, Fluidity, Battery Life, RAM Management)
Max FPS (240)
Force Home Launcher in GPU (Software)
Disable Kernel logging (Speed)
Max JPEG resolution to 100%
ZRAM Compatible (Settings/Performance)
SD Read Speed
Zipalign At Boot
Shorter Ring Delay (Connect Call Faster)
Proximity Sensor Hack (Light Up Faster)
UI Enhancements
APM
TON of Extras Tweaks

BROKEN:
Camera

YOU MUST BE ON THE .902 UPDATE TO RUN THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK
NOTE: For Data go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ Select GSM only wait till the screen flashes twice (or it says 4G SIM detected would you like to switch to LTE/CDMA) then switch to LTE/CDMA. Data will come up.

When you apply a UI MOD from the MasturMODs, the systemUI will FC at the end. Its supposed to, that means it worked. Reboot and enjoy.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS

AXI0M IONIC ALPHA
MD5: 2c3f0a510c8d2f5a6c2bf286a6d228a3

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS... FLASH USING BOOT STRAP OR SAFE STRAP.

Put on SD Card
MUST
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Under Mounts and Storage Format /System
Flash It

Reboot

CHANGE LOG:

* Made It

SCREEN SHOTS:
Screenshot_2012-02-17-20-58-18.png
Screenshot_2012-02-17-23-17-59.png
Screenshot_2012-02-17-23-18-11.png
Screenshot_2012-02-17-23-18-24.png

Last edited:

markwebb

Reaction score
HELP! Wiped, installed, downloaded apps and everything was OK. However, I rebooted and I get this new screen "Android is Updating." It then counts all of my apps and then says "starting apps" and just sits there. Nothing. Multiple battery pulls bring me back to the same place.

Had to RSD back to 902. Any clues?

This also happens on dhacker's ICS build. VERY STRANGE! :( So bummed.

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
HELP! Wiped, installed, downloaded apps and everything was OK. However, I rebooted and I get this new screen "Android is Updating." It then counts all of my apps and then says "starting apps" and just sits there. Nothing. Multiple battery pulls bring me back to the same place.

Had to RSD back to 902. Any clues?

This also happens on dhacker's ICS build. VERY STRANGE! :( So bummed.

You formatted System? What Recovery? Bootstrap or SafeStrap?

Did you use a restore app like Titanium, etc?

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

markwebb

Reaction score
OH Yes, formatted system. I did NOT use TI on this one; just let market DL apps. I did use Bootstrap because Safestrap no longer lets me boot into Safe System. Is that the culprit?

DroidmanDan

Reaction score
Installation went well for me. Tried installing a different battery icon in mastermod settings but after restart only the wallpaper was different. Other than that everything seems good. Thanks DT!

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using Tapatalk

DroidmanDan

Reaction score
Installation went well for me. Tried installing a different battery icon in mastermod settings but after restart only the wallpaper was different. Other than that everything seems good. Thanks DT!

Seems that after restart the LTE google in the pulldown menu is gone too. Should I just reflash Axiom?

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Seems that after restart the LTE google in the pulldown menu is gone too. Should I just reflash Axiom?

Toggle a different on on nd off. It because of the manual toggling.

Mastur broke the mods updating, he's fixing it.

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

sleeper69

Reaction score
Is it my understanding that the camera issue is cause they haven't released the code or something?

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC

markwebb

Reaction score
Ok, rsd'd again to 902. LOL. Installed an older version of Safestrap and now it works! Enabled Safesystem and installed Axiom (after wipes, etc). Working but now most of my apps are missing and not dl'ing from market: only have a handful. Have NOT installed TI yet. I did reboot a few times and do not get that Android is updating screen anymore. Now what? LOL. Again, I appreciate your work.

Vyruz

Reaction score
Just finished flashing. Boot up sound is going to get annoying me thinks.

markwebb

Reaction score
UPDATE: Much much better now. I threw caution to the wind and installed TI and then installed my missing apps: working fine! Rebooted and powered off a few times and no longer get the "Android is updating" screen. Thank goodness for that. Wifi does drop every now and then and when I turn it off and toggle back to LTE, I have to do that whole GSM toggle thing again as it does not automatically connect. Of course camera does not work which we know.

Overall, once camera works, USB is corrected and the LTE is perfected, this ROM is golden! Very nice job! Can't wait for finished, complete ROM. :hail:

Last edited:

Vyruz

Reaction score
Good rom. Buttons stay awake when plugged into usb, which is annoying, and Chrome beta doesn't work (opens but when you try to go to a site it's just a white screen). Probably going to use it as my daily driver at least for a while. Can't wait for it to be "finished"

edit: the buttons stay on even when not plugged in, sometimes. Is there any way to fix this, as the dhacker rom didnt have this problem?

Last edited:

Adam Browning

Reaction score
So quick question. I always use CWM to flash ROMs and mods, but I've heard about everyone switching to safestrap (or maybe I'm mistaken). I'm not positive what safestrap does different, but it's still alright to use CWM to flash this, right?

Vyruz

Reaction score
So quick question. I always use CWM to flash ROMs and mods, but I've heard about everyone switching to safestrap (or maybe I'm mistaken). I'm not positive what safestrap does different, but it's still alright to use CWM to flash this, right?

You download the apk (safestrap.apk), i dont think it is on the market just go to 4shared or google it, and from there install the recovery. Now when you boot you have the option to switch to safe mode or something like that, its at the bottom. It backs up your current rom, thus allowing you to easily switch between unstable and stable roms, or just any 2.

For me i can't install a rom if im not in the safe mode, which is dissapointing and kinda annoying because that means you can't change your daily driver rom. If someone know how to please share.