Augen's 7" Android Tablet hits K-Mart stores this week for $149

fishstick600

Reaction score
Ya seriously no one wants to see your nasty toenails lol. But I'm glad someone posted the vid and saved me a wasted trip to Kmart

Wadman

Reaction score
I actually purchased 1 of these today and i have to say it was not a good experience at all. First of the response of the touchscreen was not good at all. Typing on this thing was definitely not easy. It definitely wag a lot and it was very hard to open pictures or videos from my sd card. The resolution on the screen was a huge letdown. Add the fact that he does not have 3g capability that definitely was not something that was for me. But for 150 dollars i guess you get what you pay 4. I have a droid and it is the first android phone i've ever owned i definitely can say that i will never go back to another type of phone. B that as it may it definitely does not compare to the ipad. Here's to hoping this is only for foreshadowing things to come for android.

Riddick

Reaction score
The website is a little vague.

GENTOUCH

I don't know. I kind of have a problem with a company that does not employ a copy reader/writer. Seems they should be professional enough to spell correctly and know how to use grammar.

Their main page for example: "GENTOUCH Tablet PC’s Powered by Android™ 2.1"

Sorry man, if you don't know the simple logical difference between PCs and PC's, then how could I trust you to know the simple logic in your programming to know how to properly use an IF > THEN > ELSE statement.

I'll pass. There'll be another Droid Tablet for the same price by a real company.

I certainly hope you're kidding. Basing your entire rant on a minor typographical error?

wmnomore

Reaction score
holy schmidt, he says it has a 800 gig processor. sign me up. technology moves fast these days. jk. i will NEVER go back to resistive touchscreens, no matter how cheap. great to get android into more hands though.

xconwayx

Reaction score
Here is a youtube unboxing video

youtube unboxing vid.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions :)

couldn't this dude put some clothes on if he was planning on putting this on youtube?

No doubt, I honestly found it hard to watch the video because of that. But like I said, my Kmart a block from where I work has them and I almost impulse bought one yesterday during work. But I wanted to do some more research and I will wait until another model or upgraded version comes out.

I am glad that Gentouch is getting the ball rolling with these. Very good idea, decent hardware, but improvements need to be made. I have faith in this company.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
YEAHTHAT.gif

Guess they wanted to do a test run well before the holiday season. I don't think I'll be getting this model. I'll wait and see what improvements come out for this company in the Oct - Nov time frame.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
This product will not be an iPad killer, and not even in the same league. More like a high tech e-Reader with Android OS capabilities. Good entry level tho. It won't replace a laptop, just something to add to a techie's list of gadgets.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
This product will not be an iPad killer, and not even in the same league. More like a high tech e-Reader with Android OS capabilities. Good entry level tho. It won't replace a laptop, just something to add to a techie's list of gadgets.

agree dont think this can be an ipad killer either, i think however that the archos 9 with windows 7 could very well be one, the one thing thats good about this gentouch is that it has a front facing camera, while the ipad doesnt have any camera on it.

Overcomer

Reaction score
So does this or does this not allow installing apps from the Market?

The one youtube review I saw said you have access, but installing was not a given for all apps.

I really want to give this a whirl....I'm going to my closest Kmart this evening anyway, and if they have it in stock I will decide then.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
So does this or does this not allow installing apps from the Market?

The one youtube review I saw said you have access, but installing was not a given for all apps.

I really want to give this a whirl....I'm going to my closest Kmart this evening anyway, and if they have it in stock I will decide then.

I might give it a try too. Most use I would get out of this is my wife using it for ebooks and maybe a cool media remote controller via Gmote and video player for long road trips.

Sabiancym

Reaction score
I'm actually looking for a tablet. I refuse to get anything apple and don't want to pay more than $500.

My biggest problem is that a lot of the screens are too small. I want something like 10" and thin.