[WARNING: DO NOT ORDER] The 'My Tablet 7' from Xtex Officially Outed for $149.99

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Did anyone else receive a tracking number this morning??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So my order was just updated to shipped and I was sent a legit tracking number. My tracking number says it should ship today. I'll keep everyone posted...

That's great! Do keep us posted.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I canceled my order and they processed the refund in a timely manner. I was just in a hurry for a 7" tablet and couldn't wait any longer. When you do get it, please let us know what you think of it here or over here: My Tablet

tben007

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just joined this forum. I ordered 2 of these tablets on April 20. I have received the same emails about delays that others have posted. Today, I finally got an email that my order has shipped with a legit tracking number. Also, the email stated ithat shipping had been upraded to priority. So hopefully will receive in a couple days. Looking forward to getting updates!

uprooted

Reaction score
I too received the shipment notice and the tracking number late on 05/29/12 however this is not an indication that item has in fact shipped. It is an indication that they have created a shipping label. It is 05/31/12 and the item still has not actually "shipped". When I check the tracking number it just says that it is scheduled for shipment on 05/30/12 (yesterday) it would specify that it had infact been received by the US Postal Service. It's one thing after another with these people.

NorthGuard

Reaction score
I too received the shipment notice and the tracking number late on 05/29/12 however this is not an indication that item has in fact shipped. It is an indication that they have created a shipping label. It is 05/31/12 and the item still has not actually "shipped". When I check the tracking number it just says that it is scheduled for shipment on 05/30/12 (yesterday) it would specify that it had infact been received by the US Postal Service. It's one thing after another with these people.

Yeah, same here. I can understand a day or 2 delay in getting them shipped, assuming they are a small company as they say they are. Hopefully they actually ship them soon.

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Still waiting on it to be shipped :(

NorthGuard

Reaction score
I just received it in the mail today! I will update with some pics etc later. Note that my tracking number was never updated.

Update: I haven't spent much time with the tablet, just downloaded a few apps. It feels rather cheap. The touch screen doesn't work well with some apps, yet it works fine with others. Some apps I can't download, such as Google maps, parallel kingdom, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. So, was it worth the wait?? Absolutely not. I'm not impressed, nor disappointed. I suppose I got what I paid for. At least it did come rooted, lol. Im sure my daughter will enjoy this (she is 3 and a half, lol) because it does play netflix and angry birds.

Last edited:

tben007

Reaction score
I, too received my tablets yesterday and the tracking number never updated. Tablet is very light, easy to hold but almost feels like a toy. It is ICS. The USB and HDMI ports are very convenient. It is rooted. It works so far, but have not done much with it. I was impatient in waiting for these tabs, and in the interim, bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch. First impressions: I prefer the Samsung.

scottsntn

Reaction score
Not a Scam, Received the tablet. My review of the tablet.

Like the many people in the forum that reported the delay in shipping I too experienced the delay.

I received the tablet about 6 days after the shipping notification and it did come with the 16G micro SD card as promised.

I've had the tablet for about a week now.

First opinion:

The Unit (touch and feel) feels ok in my hand.

All the ports are on the same side and easy to get to.

Do not like the placement of the power button as the natural way to hold the unit , I am often accidentally pressing the button and sending it into sleep
mode.

There are no buttons for controlling the volume. (unable to find an app on the unit to control the volume). Had to download one from the App store.

Screen seems to lose track of where you are pressing and often have to press many times to get it to react.

I reset the unit back to Factory defaults which changed the language to Chinese. Was able to get through the Settings and set the language back to English. The reason I reset the unit: thought maybe an App I had installed was causing some of the problems, after resetting didn't really make a difference.

I have contacted Xtex about returning it (Email sent to Support on Saturday), so of course have not gotten a response as of this posting.

I was high hopes for this Unit and can understand the first version can have issues but guess I'd rather put the 150.00 towards another table that is more established.

I don't usually post to forums but I wanted to let people know it is not a SCAM, I got what was ordered with the additional 16GB card as promised (because of being patient and dealing with the delay)

Hope this info was helpful.

Last edited:

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Please keep me posted on the return process. I just submitted my return info on their website.

scottsntn

Reaction score
Never got a response to my return request.

Their website is no longer available, so guess they have closed up shop instead of dealing with the issues.

At least I have something for my money, even though it has its issues, it is still functioning as of this posting. LOL

Jimerton

Reaction score
P.O.S Item, and worse service.

Ok I ordered this Tablet in March and didn't receive it for 63 days, lets start there. It was supposedly manufactured in Texas, but I really don't know, unless the company ordered overseas parts and assembled them stateside. The screen is defective, hotspot that will send ripples in a 1-1.5 inch diameter circle even touching the back side. The corners are almost completely unresponsive, as with the sides and top and bottom. That was enough for me, I emailed to replace/return/refund this item and was ignored. After a month of trying I've given up. Now I have to laugh, it's so faulty that I show it off to my friends as my reason to stick with Chinese products. Besides the terrible screen and touch response, it IS unlocked, but if you dare to change it i.e. change wallpaper, stop ANY of the bloatware,an overclock of 100mhz ( very small), it freezes turns off or boot-loops. Or even turning off the WiFi causes my lil' tab to freak out and go into a boot-loop. So left at stock I was able to install quite a few apps, no NO GAMES at all. I am not talking about anything intense, just Scrabble, Monopoly, or Uno for my kids. . . no go, another boot-loop. The WiFi jumps from connected to unconnected @ work so often I can't use it, the plastic casing is cheap and creaks when i hold it, the same using the corners of the screen my stylus doesn't get a response in the corner until it makes the plastic case make noise. I would avoid this item like the plague. there are so, so many cheaper choices right here that work better. I now have an Ainol Novo Aurora, Ainol elf and elf 2. All cost less all are made better, all are faster and much more functional. :mad:

viclewis

Reaction score
XTEX Tablet

I received my xtex my tablet and it locked up with a visable black screen.

I have left 6 support messages on their website which they never answer.

I have sent numerous email messages with no replies.

The telephone number on the invoice 7184385019 has a recording which is not monitered. It just says this is verizon messaging service, please dial the telephone number of the person you wish to speak with.
DUH.

WARNING! NO SUPPORT IS OFFERED FOR THIS TABLET IF YOU NEED ANY KIND OF HELP.