Augen's 7" Android Tablet hits K-Mart stores this week for $149

RemyL75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RemyL75
should have worked, as (from what i have heard/read) it can see ad-hoc networks. I have seen posts in tablet forums of people using their Droid to wireless tether to an iPad. While an unholy union to some, it was working and they were happy.
He was showing off his iPad, so i had to one up him and said look you can actually use it while tethering to a droid! Funny though his iPad was having "software" problems, but he did connect his iPhone to the droid and said it was faster than the 3g he normally gets.

That'll show him.. I Think lol

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another user review popped up (in two parts):

[video=dailymotion;xe6se2]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6se2_augen-7-gentouch-android-tablet-pc_shortfilms[/video]

[video=dailymotion;xe6sl4]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6sl4_augen-review-pt-2_tech[/video]

fishstick600

Reaction score
Wow what a joke. I really can't believe that a company would put this device out on the market to be ripped apart by us tech nerds. My phone shouldn't be that much better than a tablet pc

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Daver

Reaction score
Just tried loading homerun battle on mine for funsies, it installed and almost got through the tutorial before it crashed lol. Granted theres no accelerometer for it anyways, but I was bored. If I had time before I leave for vacation tomorrow I'd make a review also. All I can say is, don't buy it, it's far from a finished product.

scf

Reaction score
rainman122.jpg

Tell him, Ray.

K-mart sucks.

oozeeh

Reaction score
i'm checking the local kmart. i'm getting one. might be a nice toy to play around with. got a few questions i want answers to. i would like to turn it into a nice wi-fi remote for my xmbc boxes at home :D i just hope it runs non-market apps.

ChugIt

Reaction score
The website is a little vague.

GENTOUCH

I don't know. I kind of have a problem with a company that does not employ a copy reader/writer. Seems they should be professional enough to spell correctly and know how to use grammar.

Their main page for example: "GENTOUCH Tablet PC’s Powered by Android™ 2.1"

Sorry man, if you don't know the simple logical difference between PCs and PC's, then how could I trust you to know the simple logic in your programming to know how to properly use an IF > THEN > ELSE statement.

I'll pass. There'll be another Droid Tablet for the same price by a real company.

I agree with you 100%. The apostrophe is used like that ALL THE TIME and it annoys me big time. If a company is serious they would not have that on their website. I honestly see no reason for a tablet. I'm an Android fan, but I find it hilarious that some Android users that bashed the concept if the ipad are quick to want this. I'm not carrying around a phone and a tablet. It seems quite redundant to me. Bigger screen? I see nothing else this thing does that mine Droid doesn't already do.

ChugIt

Reaction score
It won't let me edit up there ^

Correction: I see nothing else this thing does that my Droid doesn't already do.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I picked one yesterday and I will have to agree with the others, this thing is far far far from perfect. I will most likely be taking it back to Kmart. I could not download any applicationapplications from the market, typing on the screen was way off. A good thing was that it played some of my movies aand they looked great. i'm going to play with it some more this morning before I make my final decision but I will most likely return it. Btw Kmart has a 30 day return policy with the receipt and original packaging.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I still think it is a cool idea and an okay product. what so you really expect for $150.00. so it is has a few bugs put pof the box. the company seems to be willing to fix it. IT seems to me that the company was not expecting the response that it got. so i think that we should give it some more time, before ranting and raving about how horrible it is. IMO it would be good to wait until the updates are done anyway.
as for as having a tablet and phone, I was one you was railing against the Ipad, but then I played with one, it was cool, for and evil product from an evil company :icon_evil: :). but i see the appeal of a tablet, It would be nice to have a larger screen for trips, and I think it would be good for my son to use, which is the appeal of the $150.00 price point. so in all I think that this is a decent first product, and what we should expect for the price. however I can not wait for a more robust one to come out.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Just wait until some of the buger companies start giving a go at android tablets... it'll be amazing and it'll be funny to see the apple v droid battle grow XD.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm an Android fan, but I find it hilarious that some Android users that bashed the concept if the ipad are quick to want this. I'm not carrying around a phone and a tablet. It seems quite redundant to me. Bigger screen? I see nothing else this thing does that mine Droid doesn't already do.

I never bashed the iPad itself, the company I have problems with. I think the iPad is cool, actually, with what it can do on such a small item. I can't afford one and wouldn't buy one from the company so that's why it's out for me. I even recommended one to a coworker who has an iPod and likes to read and needs minimal customizing in tech equipment.

I'm still thinking this would be good for less techy things. eBooks, music, movies, etc. I don't plan on using it like my Netbook, which I think people are expecting or like the iPad, those are separate things. Watching even a half hour comedy on my Droid takes 10% of the battery power (from 100% fully charged, to 90%) and when I forgot to bring my USB cord to work I didn't watch a show at lunch because it was all ready down (from checking twitter, missed calls, etc).

So this is still a go for me if I can find one.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I'm an Android fan, but I find it hilarious that some Android users that bashed the concept if the ipad are quick to want this. I'm not carrying around a phone and a tablet. It seems quite redundant to me. Bigger screen? I see nothing else this thing does that mine Droid doesn't already do.

I never bashed the iPad itself, the company I have problems with. I think the iPad is cool, actually, with what it can do on such a small item. I can't afford one and wouldn't buy one from the company so that's why it's out for me. I even recommended one to a coworker who has an iPod and likes to read and needs minimal customizing in tech equipment.

I'm still thinking this would be good for less techy things. eBooks, music, movies, etc. I don't plan on using it like my Netbook, which I think people are expecting or like the iPad, those are separate things. Watching even a half hour comedy on my Droid takes 10% of the battery power (from 100% fully charged, to 90%) and when I forgot to bring my USB cord to work I didn't watch a show at lunch because it was all ready down (from checking twitter, missed calls, etc).

So this is still a go for me if I can find one.

My post wasn't directly taking aim at you personally.