Augen's 7" Android Tablet hits K-Mart stores this week for $149

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I want one. Out of the box, I don't know what I would use it for though that I don't have already. Would be a lot more useful once it is rooted.

I guess you could put Rock Player on it and use it as a movie player. It does support 720p video.

Does it have/support multi-touch?

I wish it had a regular sized USB port on it though. I guess the SD card slot is bootable? Or you load everything through the USB cable.

The website is a little vague.

GENTOUCH

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wanna root it and theme it just for kicks hahaha...

azules9780

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. There is a Kmart less than 2 miles from me that I'm going to have to make a stop at now. I was also thinking that if this works out very well and Kmart starts carrying more Android devices, it could work out to be a boon for them since they are struggling.

I think this is good.

maxnicks

Reaction score

GENTOUCH

I don't know. I kind of have a problem with a company that does not employ a copy reader/writer. Seems they should be professional enough to spell correctly and know how to use grammar.

Their main page for example: "GENTOUCH Tablet PC’s Powered by Android™ 2.1"

Sorry man, if you don't know the simple logical difference between PCs and PC's, then how could I trust you to know the simple logic in your programming to know how to properly use an IF > THEN > ELSE statement.

I'll pass. There'll be another Droid Tablet for the same price by a real company.

barcodelinux

Reaction score

GENTOUCH

I don't know. I kind of have a problem with a company that does not employ a copy reader/writer. Seems they should be professional enough to spell correctly and know how to use grammar.

Their main page for example: "GENTOUCH Tablet PC’s Powered by Android™ 2.1"

Sorry man, if you don't know the simple logical difference between PCs and PC's, then how could I trust you to know the simple logic in your programming to know how to properly use an IF > THEN > ELSE statement.

I'll pass. There'll be another Droid Tablet for the same price by a real company.

WOW!

10chars

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY what the competition needs. A cheap, economical product that can reach the hands of the masses. My daughter has been begging me for an iPad. I think I'll get her one of these instead.

RemyL75

Reaction score
wait, i thought google wasnt allowing tablets to have market yet?

They have been allowing tablets to access the Marketplace... IF they meet the requirements that Google set for tablets.

I am already trying to get one of these. But here in Chicago, 3 of the 8 stores have either ran out, or haven't received them yet. Once I get one, I will def post a review here. Good Luck to anyone trying to get one. dancedroid

shooter_454

Reaction score
I just called my local kmart and they are giving rain checks cause they don't think there getting them till next week,guess i'll go put one up...

azules9780

Reaction score
Yeah, I just went to go pick up one or 4 of them and the two local Kmarts do not have them yet. But it is on the front page of their flyers as well. Also, I went to ask about them and they store people knew exactly what I was talking about.

Another thing to note is that while I was standing at the desk so they could call the other store on the other side of town, a lady came in with Droid in hand walking in a motivated manner like she was on a mission! She did a quick walk through the electronics section and out the door she went while calling someone. If I had to guess, she was looking for the same tablet and heading to the other store to check for their availability.

One store gets a shipment tonight and the other store gets their shipment tomorrow night. None of the people I talked to know if the tablets will be included in the shipment though. Either way, I'm probably going to pick up a few of these things and give my opinion of them if anyone is interested.