ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

JCo352

Reaction score
I just wanted to come here and say, the HTC Desire is more on par with the HTC Droid Incredible, not the HTC Droid Eris.

bassman10

Reaction score
Well I can attest to the problem with Asurion. Filed a claim today with them to replace my Droid and was offered a Audiovox DESIRE or I could get a MOTO DEVOUR. i was told by asurion that the DROID was being discontinued and could not be offered. They do not have in stock nor could they place on backoreder. I was told that these phones were comp. to the DROID by features. I dont know how they can even think that they compare.... so I pulled up Asurion's comparison chart and counted over 29 features that were missing from the replacement phones. I did not believe that Moto would not be making this phone anymore so I called the Verizon store and they did confirm that the DROID has been discontinued by MOTO. The X and incredible are still available. I am new to this forum but read the previous threads and wanted to share my frustration with Asurion with you and confirm the replacement mdls for the Droid. If anyone has went to the Verizon store and got another DROID replaced because of an insurance problem (not warranty) please let me know how you did this. I know it depends on the manager at the store but would like any tips to fix my problem... cudos on the forum great info and well structured. Keep it up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I can attest to the problem with Asurion. Filed a claim today with them to replace my Droid and was offered a Audiovox DESIRE or I could get a MOTO DEVOUR. i was told by asurion that the DROID was being discontinued and could not be offered. They do not have in stock nor could they place on backoreder. I was told that these phones were comp. to the DROID by features. I dont know how they can even think that they compare.... so I pulled up Asurion's comparison chart and counted over 29 features that were missing from the replacement phones. I did not believe that Moto would not be making this phone anymore so I called the Verizon store and they did confirm that the DROID has been discontinued by MOTO. The X and incredible are still available. I am new to this forum but read the previous threads and wanted to share my frustration with Asurion with you and confirm the replacement mdls for the Droid. If anyone has went to the Verizon store and got another DROID replaced because of an insurance problem (not warranty) please let me know how you did this. I know it depends on the manager at the store but would like any tips to fix my problem... cudos on the forum great info and well structured. Keep it up.

Funny because someone else made a claim and was told that they are back in stock and they were sending him one out.

bassman10

Reaction score
HOOK,
I wish they would offer me the same deal. I got off the phone with them almost 45 minutes ago when their computers went down and have to call them back. I am calling them now to see if the computers are working and talk to a manager. Will let you know if something changes.

droid master

Reaction score
Ok I ts been almost 2 months since I cracked my Droid and made a claim and no call or email ?? So I called them to see wats going on, They said the Droid is no longer being produced and they would give Moto Devour or a Eris !!! I said i want something equal or better and they said thats all they got, wat should i do??

BWatts

Reaction score
Yikes.. that's kind of scary that this happened. I was stupid enough not to have insurance on my first Droid and lost it... @_@

After having to buy a new one out of pocket I made sure to get insurance on it, but after reading this it makes me leery as to whether it'd be worth it. There's no way I'd be happy with either of the phones the OP said Assurion tried to stick them with.

bad4u

Reaction score
I just called to test this theory, was told no moto droids. Was offered the 2 phones. I told them those 2 phone were no where close. I said " the difference in those phones is like a honda and a mustang. The processor is different, the features are different, everything is different." then just waited for her response. She said at one point they were offering the INC but would have to check. I told her to do so, she came back and said she can offer an Inc. But its back ordered it wont be avail for about a week. So its on hold for me. It seems like you just have to deny those 2 phones are a decent replacement. and stand your ground.

Now, time to decide if the headphone jack and the usb jack being touchy are worth the $90.

I have about a week to do some mega research...

My girl said she would buy that one off me and let me use her upgrade to get the X if I do get the INC....

Last edited:

coondogg97

Reaction score
HOOK,
I wish they would offer me the same deal. I got off the phone with them almost 45 minutes ago when their computers went down and have to call them back. I am calling them now to see if the computers are working and talk to a manager. Will let you know if something changes.

Ok I ts been almost 2 months since I cracked my Droid and made a claim and no call or email ?? So I called them to see wats going on, They said the Droid is no longer being produced and they would give Moto Devour or a Eris !!! I said i want something equal or better and they said thats all they got, wat should i do??

It seems as though people are having some luck with going to a retail store to have the situation sorted out. That is of course if you don't get anywhere with Asurion.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think some people are giving out bad information. I do believe that they may have ran out but to say no more is ridiculous. They usually gave out refurbs and people who have problems with their Droid are still under a one year warranty until at least November. They have to be available.

And I believe I read where someone called Motorola and they said they were still producing the Droid.

I don't know who to believe.

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Sry if this was already covered (and it kinda was on the last post) but does asurion allow you the option to upgrade for a fee? When i was a teenager i actually got offered to upgrade from 2 diff carrier provided insurance, but that was years ago so i dont really remember which ones it was. My droids screen has lost alota sensitivity in the bottom 50% of the screen, i cant scroll with my right hand when using the phys keyboard and its really annoying. And hearing the diff hit and miss stories about the replacement options, i would rather just pay an extra 100 or so for the droid X if i could. Just wish my NE2 date wasnt Nov of 2011 so i could just upgrade and avoid asurion alltogether

bassman10

Reaction score
That was me who called and they have discontinued the DROID. This is not a warranty issue, these are insurance claims through asurion. I was told by Verizon that the Droid would be available for new lines or upgrades until thier stock runs out. I am on the phone with asurion right now and was just told the same thing... NO DROID... I am on hold waiting to see what else they can offer and I will let you know...

bassman10

Reaction score
Well the department that can help me is still down for updates. So still just the 2 previous mentioned phones are available, no droids. Looks like its off to the Verizon store for me.....

OP
M

mac5217

Reaction score
It seems the best way to get this situtation handled IF Asurion refuses to replace your Droid with another Droid or Incredible, is to go to the VZW store. The VZW rep himself told the Asurion Rep that the Eris/Desire/Devour were all downgrades and nothing close to a Droid. Then I was given a New Droid at the VZW store. This problem has only started as of last Weds so I assume Asurion will realize they either have to get more droids or offer the Incredible. Especially when then start getting bombarded with uphappy customers.

Retribution

Reaction score
I still think some people are giving out bad information. I do believe that they may have ran out but to say no more is ridiculous. They usually gave out refurbs and people who have problems with their Droid are still under a one year warranty until at least November. They have to be available.

And I believe I read where someone called Motorola and they said they were still producing the Droid.

I don't know who to believe.

you keep saying that, why dont you call for yourself and find out, its not like your signing over your soul to find out