ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

mac5217

Reaction score
Got a refurbished Moto Droid from assurian, everything worked fine until I went to use the headphone jack. It was loose, and would cause the headphone to go in and out. I called a few days later to have them send me another one, and I was told they were now out of stock or refurbs and new droids and will no longer be getting anymore in! They then wanted to charge me ANOTHER 89.00 for a new claim! After 20 minutes of aarguing i was told as a "one time courtesey" I would be sent a HTC DESIRE!?! I tried to explain to the rep that that was an ATT phone and that the incredible was the comparible verizon phone to upgrade me too. She insisted the only phone was the DESIRE! After 45 minutes of talking to a supervisor, he informed me that the rep must have been mistaken....the phone they were going to send me was a DEVOUR! After trying to argue, that this was a DOWNGRADE for almost 45 minutes. I ran the the local VZW corp store. I explained the story to the rep. He was great...call assurian himeself to help settle the problem. And he was told the same thing. The VZW store just gave me a new droid from their stock without a problem.
So anyone out there making a claim with Assurian for the Droid, make sure that they will not be sending you the DEVOUR or DESIRE! I Assume if enough people push for it, you can get an Incredible or Droid 2(after release).

MAC

anuraj1

Reaction score
Wow that is complete BS. Makes me wonder if I should keep paying for it... I've had it since last November, but it might be time to get rid of it. Funny thing is, I work in the insurance industry, and as shady as some insurance companies, this is pretty blatant.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Well......... that is just perfect isn't it? Asurion does in fact suck and next time i get a new phone i will look into insurance elsewhere (i heard state farm will insure your phone). I dealt with them when i had a LG Voyager and they sent me a refurb where the outside screen stopped working after a day so i had to do a run around with them to "reset" my phone and it didnt work so the next day i called and luckily got a good rep who sent me a brand new LG Voyager and a car charger. If the droid is still around and selling why wouldn't Asurion keep any in stock? And really? A desire? People down there really are poorly trained, and i would cry if i had to downgrade from a droid to a devour.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find this hard to believe…..I have a feeling there is something more to this.

SL-1200

Reaction score
I heard of a similar story where the kid ended up getting an Eris and was told he would get a Desire...

exp

Reaction score
This is a very big concern of mine. My dad actually had to make a claim on his eris this week and they told him they'd send him a desire as well because the eris was discontinued. I looked at him kind of funny for a minute because I know that's not a verizon phone. Well, they ended up shipping an eris.

But I'm paying my insurance to get a freaking DROID replacement if ever needed. I don't want to pay if they're only going to offer a devour. That's bs. So what are we paying for now that assurion doesn't carry our phone? This is a very serious concern...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a very big concern of mine. My dad actually had to make a claim on his eris this week and they told him they'd send him a desire as well because the eris was discontinued. I looked at him kind of funny for a minute because I know that's not a verizon phone. Well, they ended up shipping an eris.

But I'm paying my insurance to get a freaking DROID replacement if ever needed. I don't want to pay if they're only going to offer a devour. That's bs. So what are we paying for now that assurion doesn't carry our phone? This is a very serious concern...

I agree. I just think there is more to this then meets the eye.

I've heard nothing but good stories about Assurion. Not saying something isn't going on right this moment, it could very well be but I would find it hard to believe it's a long term issue.

elgordo123

Reaction score
If you can have them replace that Eris with the Ally. I got one for the wife and it is very nice. I was quite impressed.

OP
M

mac5217

Reaction score

Dont care weather u believe it or not...THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED! Nothing more to the story....PERIOD!

bill12690

Reaction score
when i used to work for t-mobile i had to deal with some crap like this a few times with asurion.... honestly, from what i've seen it seems, its kind of a hit or miss kinda thing..

OP
M

mac5217

Reaction score

Dont care weather u believe it or not...THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED! Nothing more to the story....PERIOD!

Wow. Somebody needs a chill pill.

Eh? Well...when someone states they find my story "hard to believe", you're pretty much accusing me of lying. I have NO reason to lie or make up a fairy tale about Assurion. Maybe I was the ONE Assurion claim that went bad? Doubt it, because there are many other posts about Assurion problems...

coondogg97

Reaction score

Wow. Somebody needs a chill pill.

I think we should cut dude some slack. He was obviously looking out for the community in sharing his awful experiences with Assurion (whether it is an Assurion, Motorola or VZW issue). No need to call him out on it or tell him to chill.

I would be bitter too.