Droid asurion claim help

Smack77

Reaction score
Just finding out about this Droid asurion issue. I been having problems with the phone they replaced mine with the first time about a month ago. They sent me a droid right away. I'm thinking if you have your phone to turn in and are going to pay $90 then they will have them in stock.

I just called after being told it would take 4 days and now it's been over a week. I told them I just need a phone that works. They offer the eris or devour. I look up the devour and see it's crap compared to the droid. I go on and on with them to give me something better. Talked to a super and got nowhere. I was even offering to pay extra for a better phone.

After reading similar situations I am going to call back tomorrow and demand a droid 2 or incredible.

Any suggestions? Would you be happy with a incredible?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Demanding will get you nowhere. Also, I fixed the spelling of Asurion in your thread title.

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
Demanding will get you nowhere. Also, I fixed the spelling of Asurion in your thread title.

Thank you for correcting the spelling.

I'm actually a laid back person and have been nice on the phone so far. So demand is probably a strong word for me to use. I will ask nicely that they give me a phone of equal or better quality again. It's frustrating because the only thing I can do is bug them.

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I had this problem. Couldn't get any where on the customer noservice lines I fired off polite but frustrated emails to all the email links I could find. Apperently I sent one to the right person they let me buy a new droid from Vz store and they reimbursed me the price of the droid. I think it was the office of the ceo link that got a responce. Include a phone number she called me. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aristo1963

Reaction score
Lost stolen smashed on the sidewalk,you should have called asurion.If the phone was failing acting weird bad slider or something of that nature,you should have contacted VZW for warranty replacement.

Now that said if it is a warranty issue take your old handset in to VZW and contact asurion to send the devour back for a refund.

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
Lost stolen smashed on the sidewalk,you should have called asurion.If the phone was failing acting weird bad slider or something of that nature,you should have contacted VZW for warranty replacement.

Now that said if it is a warranty issue take your old handset in to VZW and contact asurion to send the devour back for a refund.

Is this true if the phone I have now was given to me by Asurion?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope, don't take it into Verizon. Call customer service. Less chance of a hassle that way.

They will overnight you a replacement. At the store you never know what is going to happen.

everstar80

Reaction score
I thought I read a thread saying that they are replacing the D1 with either the droid 2 or the incredible so I would check into that to see if it is a possibility . I think that when you talk to them just be humble even if it is them that is giving you the problem. And with me being completely biased, go for the droid 2!!!

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
I just got of the phone with Verizon and they were very nice. But I have to deal with Asurion since they replaced my phone. The guy said it's their policy to give you an upgrade if they don't have mine in stock. I guess Asurion thinks a devour or a eris is an upgrade.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I just got of the phone with Verizon and they were very nice. But I have to deal with Asurion since they replaced my phone. The guy said it's their policy to give you an upgrade if they don't have mine in stock. I guess Asurion thinks a devour or a eris is an upgrade.

In the thread ASURION SUX NO LONGER CARRIES MOTO DROID, somewhere in the 1000 pages there's a guy that quoted the contract, and it states that they can replace a device with similar features. And guess who gets to determine the "similar features".

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
Called Asurion and they said they will be sending me a droid today or tomorrow. I didn't say much other than confirming the number on the back of the phone. It seemed a little odd. Once someone got on the line I asked for the status, she then went on hold for a few seconds, then came back did a few verifying my phone and told me it will be on it's way. I asked if it was the droid and she said yes. If I get a devour or eris in the mail I'm going to be a little po'd but I don't think they would do that. I'm sure she looked at my call logs.