Asurion Warranty for Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfreckles

Reaction score
I am a first day adopter of the Motorola Droid and loved it. I never had any problems with it but after 9 months i dropped it. I have insurance and called Asurion. I filed my claim, paid the 50 dollar deductible, and received my replacement phone. All seemed well but after a day of taking pictures, i realized that the camera was not functioning correctly. It was taking pictures that only captured half of the image with one side being a random filter or black. I was baffled as to why this was happening because to damage had occurred to the phone when i used it. I came to the conclusion that the camera was broken and called Asurion back. After explaining to the representative my problem, I was told that they would in fact do a warranty swap, but was informed that the droid was out of stock. The rep explained to me the other options they had available which included a replacement Droid Eris, Motorola Devour, or LG Ally. I told him flat out that the options were unacceptable. I attempted to reason with him and explained how I paid 50 dollars for a replacement phone that was broken and as such I would not accept a downgrade. I asked if the incredbile, X or D2 were available and he said that they were in a higher "Tier" than the Droid so those options were unavailable.

So moral of the story: Be careful Droid owners. There are no more replacement phones unless you agree to accept a paid downgrade even if you were shipped a faulty device.

Status
Not open for further replies.