ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I still think some people are giving out bad information. I do believe that they may have ran out but to say no more is ridiculous. They usually gave out refurbs and people who have problems with their Droid are still under a one year warranty until at least November. They have to be available.

And I believe I read where someone called Motorola and they said they were still producing the Droid.

I don't know who to believe.

you keep saying that, why dont you call for yourself and find out, its not like your signing over your soul to find out

But dont you have to file a claim and pay the 90 bucks to find out if its true?? Can you find out online without filing claim. Maybe they'll offer an Incredible online...dancedroid

Retribution

Reaction score
I still think some people are giving out bad information. I do believe that they may have ran out but to say no more is ridiculous. They usually gave out refurbs and people who have problems with their Droid are still under a one year warranty until at least November. They have to be available.

And I believe I read where someone called Motorola and they said they were still producing the Droid.

you keep saying that, why dont you call for yourself and find out, its not like your signing over your soul to find out

But dont you have to file a claim and pay the 90 bucks to find out if its true?? Can you find out online without filing claim. Maybe they'll offer an Incredible online...dancedroid

there are multiple ways you can do it without committing to paying 90 bucks, for example call and say you lost your phone and wanted to know your options should you not find it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
anyone know what this Verizon Wireless' Extended Warranty ($1.99) covers?? Not sure why I have it on top of the asurion ins :icon_eek:

mrgoochio

Reaction score

it wasn't bad information, that was their statement but have since retracted it and have started offering incredibles as replacements and have updated again by offering droids again.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
It seems the best way to get this situtation handled IF Asurion refuses to replace your Droid with another Droid or Incredible, is to go to the VZW store. The VZW rep himself told the Asurion Rep that the Eris/Desire/Devour were all downgrades and nothing close to a Droid. Then I was given a New Droid at the VZW store. This problem has only started as of last Weds so I assume Asurion will realize they either have to get more droids or offer the Incredible. Especially when then start getting bombarded with uphappy customers.

not all vzw stores will go out of their way to help you like that. i personally went to 3 different stores asking if there was anything they could do. all three said theres nothing they could do. 1 of the 3 suggested i call VZW CS to see if they could help, but no guarantee. i finally resolved it by calling asurion again just a few days ago and they are shipping me a brand new droid finally

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Just did a test myself. They no longer have the Motorola droid. They trying to replace it with DROID ERIS (DESIRE) Standard. :icon_evil:

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
Just did a test myself. They no longer have the Motorola droid. They trying to replace it with DROID ERIS (DESIRE) Standard. :icon_evil:

i have been going through that whole loop the past few days with them. i lost my droid and started filing the claim and saw that the eris was going to be the replacement so i didnt click on it and ended up calling in and telling them that the eris isnt acceptable and after a while they finally said i could have the incredible.
then today they called back and said no the other person is wrong and we will be sending you a droid (i dont know the exact wording of the conversation, we had the call sent to my moms phone, but that's basically what they said) and they would be sending me a case and all that. if i get a package tomorrow and it's an eris or something else besides a droid or a higher phone, someone is gonna catch an earful.

also i got the email stating that they had the droid now again too...
if i can find it ill post that up too.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

i have been going through that whole loop the past few days with them. i lost my droid and started filing the claim and saw that the eris was going to be the replacement so i didnt click on it and ended up calling in and telling them that the eris isnt acceptable and after a while they finally said i could have the incredible.
then today they called back and said no the other person is wrong and we will be sending you a droid (i dont know the exact wording of the conversation, we had the call sent to my moms phone, but that's basically what they said) and they would be sending me a case and all that. if i get a package tomorrow and it's an eris or something else besides a droid or a higher phone, someone is gonna catch an earful.

also i got the email stating that they had the droid now again too...
if i can find it ill post that up too.

Please Keep us posted.:)

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
here ya go...

Capture2222.jpg

nyijedi

Reaction score
Just an fyi - if you're going to a vzw store to try and get help for this, make sure you go to your local CORPORATE vzw store. The non-corporate ones won't help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mrgoochio

Reaction score
my droid has been shipped and i am receiving it tomorrow. should be brand new, ill post pics if you guys dont believe me -_-

i was in the same boat as all of you, my problem popped up right around the time this thread was posted (nearly identical issues). i had to jump through the hoops and got the redirection of blame blah blah blah. went to 3 diff verizon stores called vzw and asurion at least 3 times each. finally it has been resolved (assuming my phone is as advertised on delivery tomorrow, will post results when i get it)

joesaksx

Reaction score
My droid went swimming on friday night. Asurion got me my droid at 10am sat.

I was rooted and happy again sat night. :)