ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mac5217, Jul 15, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    So am I. I just wonder why in the world they tried to feed a line of bull pucky to the OP by telling him they weren't going to be getting anymore. That has to be a pr nightmare. I'm sure they've heard of the internet, did they not think word wouldn't get around?

2. tamlin42

tamlin42 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I'm sure the CSR OP spoke to had been told that no more droids would be coming, and as anyone can tell you, they aren't the most well informed people in these matters. Often it is through no fault of their own. Just a simple reminder that when you deal with customer service, do try to keep your calm and be polite. the people you're talking to are low on the food chain. People are probably getting Eris over Droid because they probably anticipated much more demand for the eris at launch and they never worked through the stock, or they got more back for refurb.

3. smokinfish

smokinfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I filed a claim on Thursday, on-line, and my choices were the Eris and Desire. The note above it said the Droid is no longer being manufactured here are the replacement phones to choose from. I called our company rep and got a Droid X.

Still bummed out about that because I like the root!!!!

D

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I am guessing your company bought you a DX because if Assurion started handing out the DX as a replacement, I could see a lot of "false claims" happening

5. smokinfish

smokinfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, We have a large account with Verizon and the Rep replaced it for free.

D

6. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Does it state anywhere in the Asurion contract that if the your phone is not found, you will get an upgrade instead of a downgrade??

7. mac5217

mac5217 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know alot of pple were just told that they would be getting a Droid as a replacement. But, Just wondering, has anyone received a Droid thru Asurion in the past few days? I know they said they know have them, but I now take what they say with a grain of salt.

8. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6

the best way to protect yourself is to print out the droid image fromo the screen. In case they send u a different brand.

9. Lozak91

Lozak91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Came here to ask about the same issue. Asurion sent me a Devour as well, and when I called Verizon, the rep's exact words were, "They sent you a Devour? Seriously? That piece of sh** is like half the price." So, I have a new Droid arriving Wednesday.

10. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to come here and say, the HTC Desire is more on par with the HTC Droid Incredible, not the HTC Droid Eris.

11. bassman10

bassman10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I can attest to the problem with Asurion. Filed a claim today with them to replace my Droid and was offered a Audiovox DESIRE or I could get a MOTO DEVOUR. i was told by asurion that the DROID was being discontinued and could not be offered. They do not have in stock nor could they place on backoreder. I was told that these phones were comp. to the DROID by features. I dont know how they can even think that they compare.... so I pulled up Asurion's comparison chart and counted over 29 features that were missing from the replacement phones. I did not believe that Moto would not be making this phone anymore so I called the Verizon store and they did confirm that the DROID has been discontinued by MOTO. The X and incredible are still available. I am new to this forum but read the previous threads and wanted to share my frustration with Asurion with you and confirm the replacement mdls for the Droid. If anyone has went to the Verizon store and got another DROID replaced because of an insurance problem (not warranty) please let me know how you did this. I know it depends on the manager at the store but would like any tips to fix my problem... cudos on the forum great info and well structured. Keep it up.

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Funny because someone else made a claim and was told that they are back in stock and they were sending him one out.

Search tags for this page
1-866-397-6496
asurion remanufactured
asurion remanufactured sticker
asurion saturday delivery
asurion sux

tec asurion single tier

tec asurion single tier - asurion
what is tec asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier - asurion