Are you still happy with your Thunderbolt?

jimmiem

Reaction score
Mine still looks great.... I designed a custom skin for it and have a case on it. And a screen protector.

One gripe I have.... When Im talking on the phone, I often somehow hit something with my face and hang up on people. How does that happen and how can I make it not happen?

Compressed air to the earpiece area of the phone will fix your proximity sensor... For a little while anyway.

npro1464

Reaction score
Lmao I have that same exact problem! I always thought it was the goofy roms I flash on my phone. Oh well, I got in the habit on hitting the lock screen button to make sure the displays off while I'm on the phone.

Yeah the phone does what i need it to. I just wish to god we could get ICS already. I'm tired of sense and cm7 roms. The only stupid phone that can't be updated cause of tthe radios. It really pisses me off. This will be the last phone i worry aboyt this crap with. Only 10 more months then here I come prepaid Nexus!!

UNC

Reaction score
The TB sucks.

My battery life has been crappy since i got it, the phone is heavy, the screen is not scratch resistant at all... Needless to say, I will not be buying HTC again. I'm actually leaning towards iPhone 5 unless the Razr HS comes thru.

HTC1

Reaction score
I have an s3 which I am talking back cuz I got a brand new thunderbolt handed to me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Droid Forums

kparks

Reaction score
UNC said:
The TB sucks.

My battery life has been crappy since i got it, the phone is heavy, the screen is not scratch resistant at all... Needless to say, I will not be buying HTC again. I'm actually leaning towards iPhone 5 unless the Razr HS comes thru.

Well the tb screen is gorilla glass.. and I've personally did the key test on mine and no scratches I still used a screen protector tho... ur talking about a phone that's over 1 year old and that was on par for what was released at the time and it was the 1st lte phone and that caused the battery to be pretty bad and the tech was not there to make extremely thin phones yet and to put a bigger battery would of made the bolt huge but everything has came a long way processors being #1 and if your not having any hardware problems I don't see why u should not consider htc again.. That htc coming for vzw this fall/winter will blow everything away.. and the razr hd is already outdated in my opinion they could of released that phone last year the tech was there aside from the processor... if u can Wait I would at least play with it at the store

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with my TB until recently. For some unknown reason at random times people can't hear me on a call, so as we are saying hello hello hello, I have to switch to speaker phone quick before they hang up. After the call, I reboot it & it seems to be ok for awhile. But I never know when it's going to happen. I left a voice mail for my boss but all he heard was dead air. When I didn't show up for work for 2 days he figured I was calling in sick.

My screen was perfect for a year, then little scratches started showing. I don't use a screen protector, never needed one on my OG Droid. I keep my phone in a holster, but that is what seems to have scratched it in the same place over and over before I noticed it.

But all in all, it's been a good phone. I never had all the problems that some people had with the rebooting and yeah the battery life could have been better but I got the dock so when at my desk at work I pop it in the dock so I didn't get upset as some people did.

Contract up in November & I'll see if anything out there "grabs" be but if not I'll stick with the TB until I find something that I just have to have.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Sounds like your proximity sensor is out and you are hitting the mute button.

katatonic

Reaction score
I couldn't hate my thunderbolt more. Nothing but problems from day one. Although I am kind of glad my upgrade isn't until November, because I am holding my breath that the galaxy note 2 comes to Verizon. I know one things for sure. I will never buy another HTC handset.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Besides the battery issue, which can be fixed, and the proximity sensor, what else is wrong with the phone? It was by far the first to be stable with 4g. The only software issue was the reboots that lasted for about a month. For being cutting edge, I think the phone is good. And mine is up in November too, can't wait for the razor hd or the new HTC . I personally won't go to Samsung until the get the ratios figured out. Connectivity is a big deal to me.

kevins686

Reaction score
After riding trains all last week for work and having the phone die before I got back (there are no cigarette lighter outlets on a locomotive), I finally talked Verizon into letting me take an early upgrade. So two days ago, I got a Razr Maxx. Unplugged it yesterday at 8am, finally plugged it in again at about 3am this morning, with 50% still showing on the meter. The only kicker is, I gave up my unlimited data and moved to a 4GB/month allowance for about what I was paying before. BUT, since I was never exceeding 2GB/month, I don't think this is going to be much of a sacrifice.

Aside from the horrid battery life, the Thunderbolt was actually a pretty nice phone. I never had much of a problem with the random reboots that so many people seem to have, and I really liked the UI. But no matter what tweaks I made, or how conservatively I used the phone, I was never able to eke out more than maybe 6 hours before I was in the yellow - and that was with the 1620mA Rezound battery. To me, there is no excuse for releasing a phone that can't get you through at least most of the day on a single charge, with moderate use.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I tried for an early upgrade but they told me I had to wait until november when my real early upgrade is up.

2001400ex

Reaction score
I tried for an early upgrade but they told me I had to wait until november when my real early upgrade is up.

My history with Verizon is they let you upgrade 2 months early, without a ton of pushing. Just say your proximity sensor is out and you need a new phone. Tho that would be in September. Personally I am gonna do that on launch day for the new HTC or razor hd.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
it's august 25th now though. Lady told me october I could try but my thunderbolt is giving me fits now. Battery even with extended stinks and randomly reboots.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
it's august 25th now though. Lady told me october I could try but my thunderbolt is giving me fits now. Battery even with extended stinks and randomly reboots.

Those were the first signs of the end for me. Then one day it just rebooted and never came back.

rbw62

Reaction score
I am happy as a bee in a jar of honey with my ancient TB.