Are you still happy with your Thunderbolt?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Most of us bought our Thunderbolts when it was first released, last March I believe. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November of this year, and I have been thinking about buying a Galaxy S III at full price when it comes out, seeing as how if I want to keep my unlimited data I need to pay full price anyways (especially if I can keep my $59.99 plan). Lately though I have been itching to get a new phone, I don't think I could wait until November.

What about the rest of you? Are you content in waiting until this winter for your upgrade?

pogibry

Reaction score
I am in a lucky situation where at work, they provide Sprint phones for free. So instead of upgrading my TBolt, I upgraded my work phone to the new Evo 4g LTE for $150! This way, I get to keep my unlimited data and have a new phone. I'm just lucky dancedroid

Other than that, I am still pretty happy with my TBolt. Yeah, I wish it had a higher resolution so I can play the newer games, but they are optimized for dual-core anyways so it's all good. Aside from the newest games, the phone is still plenty fast for my needs and works like a champ. If I didn't have an upgrade available at work, I would go your route and get another phone or just keep mine until I couldn't take it anymore. But beware: I called Verizon about switching phones a few months ago and they said if I activate a different phone on my unlimited data line, I would lose my unlimited data and it would go to tiered :'( Make sure you talk to them or look into it before you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
OP
G

geoff5093

Reaction score
Every article and even on the Verizon site itself says that if you buy a phone at full price you can keep your old unlimited plan, but if you want a subsidized phone you need to switch to tiered data. Hopefully your rep was wrong!

kparks

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
Every article and even on the Verizon site itself says that if you buy a phone at full price you can keep your old unlimited plan, but if you want a subsidized phone you need to switch to tiered data. Hopefully your rep was wrong!

I like my tbolt alot and I have the preordered blue gs3 but I work in really old buildings that go way underground so depending on my reception I may be looking to sell it ill keep u in mind most likely ill keep tho

pogibry

Reaction score

I was trying to activate an older d1 (very long story) and that's when they told me :icon_evil:

Chukee

Reaction score
If you buy a phone at full price you keep your unlimited plan is what has been repeated by verizon many times. Have not heard anything different from what has already been posted from verizon.

armeddroid

Reaction score
To answer the OP, I'm still happy with my Tbolt. I'm just ready for something new. ICS might keep my interest provided it gets here but I'm about ready to switch out. One X was originally in my cross hairs but I'm not seeing it coming to VZ so I'm interested in the SGS3. But I'm in no rush. The games that are coming out isn't holding my interest yet but production apps, I feel like I'm missing out on the 4.0 optimized experience.

phil1166

Reaction score
I still like my phone, but I am ready for a new phone. My only issue is the battery. Other than that, its a good phone

kparks

Reaction score
phil1166 said:
I still like my phone, but I am ready for a new phone. My only issue is the battery. Other than that, its a good phone

This is the best phone I've ever owned. I never have any problems

johnd09

Reaction score

+1, the bolt is a great phone, but I'm going to pre- order the s3 since a rep offered to offered to move my upgrade since they sent me a bad warranty replacement for my bolt with a busted earpiece.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

usmcnewbee

Reaction score
Still happy, I plan on keeping it until it breaks and rely on my insurance for the rest of my Verizon life no matter what they send me just to keep my data plan and not pay full price for a phone.

Drew_P

Reaction score
I love my tbolt!!! I've been looking at the One series but as of yet, nothing is rumored for Verizon so that bummed me out. Thought about the s3 but have reservations after my experience with the fascinate. Never know. But as of now I'm sticking with my bolt and riding it til the wheels fall off. Best phone I've ever had.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
Like most have already stated I am still extremely happy with TB. I am however getting an itch and with my with constantly complaining that she and can never face time when I'm away from home I may be forced into an Iphone prematurely!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I'm unsure how I feel about it. Some days I think to myself "there's no way I can justify a new phone" and other days (like recently) I can't wait until I find something new that catches my interest. Lately it's been turning data connectivity off, the OS has been crashing and the battery has been dying more quickly than normal. Last week though it was fast, problem free and the battery would last 18+ hours. I think I'm ready for something new, maybe the SIII or maybe I'll hold out for one of the new rumored HTC phones. I'm also not sure if I should pay full price to keep unlimited or if I should suck it up and get on the same plan as my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Maybe I'll just move to T-Mobile and grab the HTC OneS, I'm just not sure yet. The Thunderbolt won't be around for much longer though, 3 or 4 months maybe. I was hoping it would be easier, like it would get lost in Vegas or something, but no luck.

rbw62

Reaction score
Still love it! For me to get a new phone, it would have to really have some NEW features, not just improvements. I have a great desk pc, laptop, flatpanel, so a new phone will have to make me want it.