1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Are you still happy with your Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by geoff5093, Jun 18, 2012.

1. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Most of us bought our Thunderbolts when it was first released, last March I believe. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until November of this year, and I have been thinking about buying a Galaxy S III at full price when it comes out, seeing as how if I want to keep my unlimited data I need to pay full price anyways (especially if I can keep my $59.99 plan). Lately though I have been itching to get a new phone, I don't think I could wait until November.

What about the rest of you? Are you content in waiting until this winter for your upgrade?
  2. pogibry

pogibry New Member

I am in a lucky situation where at work, they provide Sprint phones for free. So instead of upgrading my TBolt, I upgraded my work phone to the new Evo 4g LTE for $150! This way, I get to keep my unlimited data and have a new phone. I'm just lucky dancedroid

Other than that, I am still pretty happy with my TBolt. Yeah, I wish it had a higher resolution so I can play the newer games, but they are optimized for dual-core anyways so it's all good. Aside from the newest games, the phone is still plenty fast for my needs and works like a champ. If I didn't have an upgrade available at work, I would go your route and get another phone or just keep mine until I couldn't take it anymore. But beware: I called Verizon about switching phones a few months ago and they said if I activate a different phone on my unlimited data line, I would lose my unlimited data and it would go to tiered :'( Make sure you talk to them or look into it before you pull the trigger.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Every article and even on the Verizon site itself says that if you buy a phone at full price you can keep your old unlimited plan, but if you want a subsidized phone you need to switch to tiered data. Hopefully your rep was wrong!
  4. kparks

kparks Active Member

I like my tbolt alot and I have the preordered blue gs3 but I work in really old buildings that go way underground so depending on my reception I may be looking to sell it ill keep u in mind most likely ill keep tho
  5. pogibry

pogibry New Member

I was trying to activate an older d1 (very long story) and that's when they told me :icon_evil:
  6. Chukee

Chukee New Member

If you buy a phone at full price you keep your unlimited plan is what has been repeated by verizon many times. Have not heard anything different from what has already been posted from verizon.
  7. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

To answer the OP, I'm still happy with my Tbolt. I'm just ready for something new. ICS might keep my interest provided it gets here but I'm about ready to switch out. One X was originally in my cross hairs but I'm not seeing it coming to VZ so I'm interested in the SGS3. But I'm in no rush. The games that are coming out isn't holding my interest yet but production apps, I feel like I'm missing out on the 4.0 optimized experience.
  8. phil1166

phil1166 Member

I still like my phone, but I am ready for a new phone. My only issue is the battery. Other than that, its a good phone
  9. kparks

kparks Active Member

This is the best phone I've ever owned. I never have any problems
  10. johnd09

johnd09 New Member

+1, the bolt is a great phone, but I'm going to pre- order the s3 since a rep offered to offered to move my upgrade since they sent me a bad warranty replacement for my bolt with a busted earpiece.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  11. usmcnewbee

usmcnewbee New Member

Still happy, I plan on keeping it until it breaks and rely on my insurance for the rest of my Verizon life no matter what they send me just to keep my data plan and not pay full price for a phone.
  12. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

I love my tbolt!!! I've been looking at the One series but as of yet, nothing is rumored for Verizon so that bummed me out. Thought about the s3 but have reservations after my experience with the fascinate. Never know. But as of now I'm sticking with my bolt and riding it til the wheels fall off. Best phone I've ever had.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!
  13. pb1bicdic

pb1bicdic New Member

Like most have already stated I am still extremely happy with TB. I am however getting an itch and with my with constantly complaining that she and can never face time when I'm away from home I may be forced into an Iphone prematurely!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  14. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir New Member

I'm unsure how I feel about it. Some days I think to myself "there's no way I can justify a new phone" and other days (like recently) I can't wait until I find something new that catches my interest. Lately it's been turning data connectivity off, the OS has been crashing and the battery has been dying more quickly than normal. Last week though it was fast, problem free and the battery would last 18+ hours. I think I'm ready for something new, maybe the SIII or maybe I'll hold out for one of the new rumored HTC phones. I'm also not sure if I should pay full price to keep unlimited or if I should suck it up and get on the same plan as my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Maybe I'll just move to T-Mobile and grab the HTC OneS, I'm just not sure yet. The Thunderbolt won't be around for much longer though, 3 or 4 months maybe. I was hoping it would be easier, like it would get lost in Vegas or something, but no luck.
  15. rbw62

rbw62 New Member

Still love it! For me to get a new phone, it would have to really have some NEW features, not just improvements. I have a great desk pc, laptop, flatpanel, so a new phone will have to make me want it.
  16. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

The Thunderbolt is still a great phone, but I played around with the One X a few days ago and realized how ancient the Thunderbolt looks and performs in comparison. While technically everything I want to do on a phone is perfectly capable on the Thunderbolt, I'm itching for a quicker, better looking, and better network speed phone. I recently installed CM 7 and while it brought new life to my TB in terms of battery life and speed, I hate that now I only get LTE speeds around 2-5Mbps and that it takes a few seconds to open apps.

I will most likely check out the GS3 at a Verizon store when they come out, and most likely buy it. Unless there is more info on the RAZR MAXX HD.
  17. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

No way am I paying $600 for a phone that will be obsolete and in a drawer by the end of two years, probably less since I haven't had the TB for two years and I'm looking at a new phone.

I guess I'd rather put the rest of the family on share everything and use their upgrades than switch to Sprint, but between this, upgrade fees, and still no 4G in my area, I dunno...
  18. kparks

kparks Active Member

Wait and get that quad core HTC beast that's coming later this year... my s3 will be going out the door when that comes
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  19. pcar1947

pcar1947 New Member

Love my bolt. When I get bored with it I flash a new rom!
    My daily currently is bullyden. 2 weeks ago it was ikream.
    As far as battery life my daughter has a brand new s3 on sprint
    and her major complaint is ......BATTERY LIFE.

Go figure!
  20. npro1464

npro1464 Member

I think getting the Thunderbolt was a mistake. Although I never experienced the reboots and have had luck with battery life by flashing roms and using the rezound battery, its way too bulky and slow no matter what rom I flash. We all deep down wish we had been smart enough and waited. I still cant believe this phone is stuck on gingerbread. No ics leaks, nothing. In fact, i dont think it will ever be updated to ics. I will not make the same mistake again. My next phone will be the next nexus and ill never have to worry about not getting the new android updated os.