Will you Upgrade to the Vigor?

jeremycnly

Reaction score
All you Thunderbolt owners, with your successor already making news claiming to have a 1.5GHz Dual Core Processor and that not so spectacular GPU with god knows how much RAM, not to forget the 720HD Display it supposedly will have. Are you willing to upgrade? I know a few of you paid full price for a Thunderbolt and likely signed another contract just to get it just 6 months ago.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I just got mine a week ago, out of contract, and if the Vigor turns out to be what it's hyped to be, I'll be picking one up. ;) Hooked on HTC now. Gotta pay to play...

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine on wirefly, so i have to wait until January. Will see what is available then.

sent from my bolt

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the oft-rumored ice cream sandwich before I consider another phone.

kookk

Reaction score
My TB still has tons of life. I see no reason to upgrade. I only upgraded from my og when i felt it could no longer keep up.

The thunderbolt is still way more than capable of doing all I need it to.

Ill probably think about upping to htcs phone after the vigor, or maybe the one after that.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
After everything I have experienced with my TB, I have sworn off all HTC phones after I upgrade. Of course, that will still be a year or more away. The only way I would get another phone sooner is if the Droid Bionic can do everything my Android tablet can do (& then some). So, needless to say, I will be waiting it out.

tc3

Reaction score
After everything I have experienced with my TB, I have sworn off all HTC phones after I upgrade. Of course, that will still be a year or more away. The only way I would get another phone sooner is if the Droid Bionic can do everything my Android tablet can do (& then some). So, needless to say, I will be waiting it out.

Same....I was warned not to get an HTC phone before I got this thunderbolt and I didn't listen.

I will never buy another HTC product again.

johnd09

Reaction score
I'll be keeping the bolt, since they have fixed the rebooting I have not had any more problems, my mom has a Droid x and I can't stand it because the UI is so slow compared to sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Same....I was warned not to get an HTC phone before I got this thunderbolt and I didn't listen.

I will never buy another HTC product again.

Yea, after my HTC Touch Pro 2 and Thunderbolt, Im probably done with HTC for awhile. I was thoroughly impressed with my old Droid X, so I think Im going Bionic..

borq646

Reaction score
My TB still has tons of life. I see no reason to upgrade. I only upgraded from my og when i felt it could no longer keep up.

The thunderbolt is still way more than capable of doing all I need it to.

Ill probably think about upping to htcs phone after the vigor, or maybe the one after that.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

This.

/10char

Reaction score
Specs I've heard are very interesting however my plan is to upgrade at Christmas time where there will be better offers and we will know what the battery life is like on this beast

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM]Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.4
[Kernel] Drod BFS AOSP. 9

MrKleen

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt has been amazing! Hands down the best phone I've owned compared to D1, D2, and the DX. Of course I don't leave my phones stock for more than a week after getting them. I have never had any random reboot issues like some no matter what radio I was on.

I've been running Das Bamf Gingerbread 4.9 rom for some time and it is flawless and fast.

So if I get a new phone it will not be because of not liking this one. Of course as of now HTC and Samsung are the only options since Motorola is and will continue to be locked down. (not going to get into arguing about this since it's simply a matter of opinion based on needs)

We will see if Verizon gets the Samsung GSII, if so I may consider it. HTC makes a great phone so I may also consider the Vigor also. Many told me what an awesome phone HTC made and they were right!

What phone someone likes is a matter of matching a phone with user abilities and needs. Go to any phone forum and see how strange it is that one person loves a phone and everything is peachy and another person hates the phone and can't figure out how to make it work. Both people are correct... the person who hates the phone needs to get a different phone that better suits them. There are so many great options available and coming that everyone should be happy.

I could never understand someone complaining about a phone for months. A new phone is a few minutes away... You simply sell your phone and pay a small difference for a new one. It really is that simple. Of course the way you do it is go buy your new dream phone at full price and then sell your deactivated phone. You will only be out the difference for a week.

thelopenator

Reaction score
if it has the same amount of RAM as the TB then I will be getting it.

OP
J

jeremycnly

Reaction score
Vigor seems interesting but I haaaaaaaaaaaate Sense UI. Matter of fact I'm not a fan of any Ui's. I was going to get an evo 3d and I loved the speed but I can't get past the UI and seeing how fast they are replacing the Thunderbolt...No HTC Vigor for me. HTC seems to replace everything they make quickly except the EVO lineup. I'm actually seriously thing of holding my og droid till the quad cores comeout next year..hell I waited this long.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

thelopenator

Reaction score
Vigor seems interesting but I haaaaaaaaaaaate Sense UI. Matter of fact I'm not a fan of any Ui's. I was going to get an evo 3d and I loved the speed but I can't get past the UI and seeing how fast they are replacing the Thunderbolt...No HTC Vigor for me. HTC seems to replace everything they make quickly except the EVO lineup. I'm actually seriously thing of holding my og droid till the quad cores comeout next year..hell I waited this long.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

quad core in phones lol. i wouldnt be surprised. soon ddr3 ram

Last edited: