Let's talk Rezound :)

Reaction score
Id like to point out that this thread is in NO WAY going to be used as a "Vigor vs TB" thread, this thread will be used to discuss the differences between the two in specs, price, look, features, and if it is worth it for any TB owner to upgrade to the successor:)
That being said, here are the Vigor Specs (all specs that are known, I will update this when more specs are revelaed or info):

Rumored Names:
Vigor
Thunderbolt 2
DROID Incredible HD

-4.3" 720x1280 (HD) Display
-1.5Ghz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
-2.3.4 Gingerbread OS
-16GB of internal memory
-1GB of RAM
- Sense 3.5 UI
- 8mp back-facing camera
- 2mp front-facing camera
- Adreno 220 GPU
- Beats by Dre integration
- 3.0 Bluetooth
- 4G LTE and 3G capable
-3.5mm Headphone jack
EDIT: Dual LED Flash
Batter size:1620
SD: Class 10 32GB

[Drop Date]: October 13th (not set in stone)
[Price]: $250-300

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Specs seem awesome, if its not a locked bootloader sounds like its time to give the TB. The boot! I do love my bolt though

Sent from my BURNTH3ORYX using Tapatalk

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
With those specs, can you imagine the battery life? Seems impressive.

Dual core is suppose to optimize battery life and since this is the successor to the TB I believe they have hammered out a lot of battery bugs:)

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Specs seem awesome, if its not a locked bootloader sounds like its time to give the TB. The boot! I do love my bolt though

Sent from my BURNTH3ORYX using Tapatalk

It will be locked, however HTC has a new policy where they will release the source codes and let you unlock the bootloader using a tool from their website in exchange for your warranty:)

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

Reaction score
Just get best buy insurance...covers JUST ABOUT ANYTHING lol add long add they can read the serial number...

personally i'm psyched about the vigor... I just worry about the same thing I do with any HTC phone... How will the battery life be?

You have just been post pwned

Last edited:

thelopenator

Reaction score
i love my tbolt, trust me i really do, but this phone is going to be hands down amazing. i cant wait. ill definately pick it up.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Very true, I've already made an agreement with a guy on xda that I will sell my TB to him and he will pay me through pay pal and then I will pay the difference on the phones price after I open a new line

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
...waiting for the \/IGOR...

Reaction score
Yeah for me its between this and the prime.

You have just been post-pwned via my DROID 2

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Yeah for me its between this and the prime.

I was thinking about the prime but I don't want a Samsung phone...their phones break all the time. I had the samsung aalias before my Droid and that broke, my gf and her sister both had Samsung phones and those boke, my dad and his wife had epic 4G's and his keyboard broke off and her screen cracked...I think Google should've given the opportunity for HTC to make the next nexus phone...if that was the case the prime would have my vote but the vigor seems to be just as future proof (OK maybe not as much considering the prime will have ice cream sandwich) but I digress, vigor all the way:)

Bullfrog2099

Reaction score
I'm sure Vigor will get ICS, albeit just much later.

I also want to upgrade, but I'm still getting the free mobile hotspot on my thunderbolt unrooted because I didn't update. That, and I like simultaneous talk and browse on 3g. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
I'm sure Vigor will get ICS, albeit just much later.

I also want to upgrade, but I'm still getting the free mobile hotspot on my thunderbolt unrooted because I didn't update. That, and I like simultaneous talk and browse on 3g. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

It definitely will get ics, if you root the vigor you should be able yo witelessly tether with devices for free using the root app. All 4G phones have simultaneous talk and data on 4G and 3G the successor to the TB will follow the same trend

Reaction score
only thing I can't stand snore HTC phones is they seem to ALL have some kind of battery issues... Albeit they also release the kernel source so people can make their battery saving tweaks... But still! And those Samsung screens... *drools*

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
only thing I can't stand snore HTC phones is they seem to ALL have some kind of battery issues... Albeit they also release the kernel source so people can make their battery saving tweaks... But still! And those Samsung screens... *drools*

That's true, I think it only eggs on Devs like DroidTh3ory and ChiNgy501 to step up to the game and optimize anything they can though, HTC phones are the most hackable phones out there and that's why I just can't get enough. I'm using SHIFTS3NS3 1.3 from DT and this ROM is the best I've ever had, it beats the **** outta cyanogenmod in performance and dare I say....battery life as well:) it also doesn't have any bugs!

Reaction score
Do they do the inc 2? Cuz my bro has that