Will you Upgrade to the Vigor?

Reaction score
I love my TBolt and I don't have unlimited expendable income so I'll be waiting until my contract is up and buy whatever the top phone is then.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I'm Keeping my thunderbolt. I have no complaints with it, and even though I love the htc sensation and I'm sure the vigor will be comparable (if not better) it's not worth the money to me. I'll upgrade in a year when my contract is up and an even better htc phone is available.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

RedSectorA

Reaction score
I want it but I don't need it. The thunderbolt has been mostly great and does everything I want and need (4G is most important for me because I watch a lot of streaming videos/movies online which are unwatchable on my slow home connection). I don't play many games on my phone so a dual/quad processor would be overkill for me right now. I don't multitask with 15 programs open so I don't know when a dual/quad would ever have an appreciable effect for my usage. By the time programs need dual/quad processors I suspect my contract will be up and I will upgrade.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I wonder what will happen when the vigor turns out to not exists/be a tablet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

thelopenator

Reaction score
nothing. this thread will be obsolete

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

alboboy10

Reaction score
The same thing that happened when people found out the bionic wasn't coming out for another 7 months.

They'll be pissed off.

But htc will make a phone that will top everything else, that's for sure. ;)

Reaction score
I think it's going to be well worth it to upgrade to the vigor for a couple reasons:

#1. The thunderbolt was the first of its kind, however it had alot of problems, now that they are already planning on replacing it there's a very good chance we will see ALOT of improvements. I'm expecting a bigger battery, less bugs, less bloat, and more speed that doesn't compromise the battery.

#2. Better 4G connectivity. Seeing as the TB had had alot of problems with the first Lte radio in a phone... i believe we will be seeing a much improved radio that won't constantly strain for signals and retain connectivity from farther away and obtain data faster.

#3. Specs that will keep this phone alive for awhile. Right off the bat your packing a dual core processor, gingerbread, and a potential unlockable ability (thanx HTC) which will make development for this device VERY prominent...

Anyways these are my opinions:)

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM]Cyanogenmod 7 RC 1.5.2
[Kernel] Drod BFS AOSP. 9

Reaction score
The same thing that happened when people found out the bionic wasn't coming out for another 7 months.

They'll be pissed off.

But htc will make a phone that will top everything else, that's for sure. ;)

Then again, this device does have a leaked date already. I think that after the thunderbolt release HTC and vzw would of definitely planned for a better release and that MAP surely does show they've created a deadline and I believe they will follow through.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen when the vigor turns out to not exists/be a tablet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I think that if it was a tablet there would've been a different model number, if it didn't exist they wouldn't have a MAP date with benchmark scores

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Nope!

No I won't be upgrading because they haven't improved on anything that actually matters in the real world. HTC has already met the performance demand, and now it's time for them to focus on what else matters like the battery life. I recommend the Incredible 2 to a co-worker who loves the heck out of her phone. The only let down that she had was that her phone couldn't last a entire day out at Sea World.

I would consider a substantially improved battery life before I'd consider a processor of any sort upgrade.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I think it's going to be well worth it to upgrade to the vigor for a couple reasons:

#1. The thunderbolt was the first of its kind, however it had alot of problems, now that they are already planning on replacing it there's a very good chance we will see ALOT of improvements. I'm expecting a bigger battery, less bugs, less bloat, and more speed that doesn't compromise the battery.

#2. Better 4G connectivity. Seeing as the TB had had alot of problems with the first Lte radio in a phone... i believe we will be seeing a much improved radio that won't constantly strain for signals and retain connectivity from farther away and obtain data faster.

#3. Specs that will keep this phone alive for awhile. Right off the bat your packing a dual core processor, gingerbread, and a potential unlockable ability (thanx HTC) which will make development for this device VERY prominent...

Anyways these are my opinions:)

I like the optimism, I personally don't know what to think so I'm just along for the ride. Right now I'm content with my Bolt despite the issues that once existed. Problems should be expected with new technology and the Thunderbolt wasn't any exception. If HTC does nothing else but slap a bigger battery on the Vigor, that will be an improvement right there showing that they now realize that 1400mAh connected to a LTE network just doesn't make any since.

Kboss375

Reaction score
I love my Thunderbolt and I never really had any problems with it.
Once Skype starts to work with the FFC it will be complete for me.
That being said, I will most likely be going back to Motorola next time around

MrKleen

Reaction score
I love my Thunderbolt and I never really had any problems with it.
Once Skype starts to work with the FFC it will be complete for me.
That being said, I will most likely be going back to Motorola next time around

If you want Skype to work with your ffc simply install Gingerbread.

The ease of customization is something you won't have when you go back to Motorola.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
I like my Thunderbolt and ill do the same as my og droid once two years go by ill upgrade and in 2 years who knows what will be going on then, the only way id pay for a phone is if for the amount of $ i pay improves my life somehow I'm really not about having the latest and greatest but I really enjoy this phone never rebooted and no issues yet from day 1 thank god

Sent from my Thunderbolt