Will you Upgrade to the Vigor?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I would WANT the vigor but don't NEED it. My phone is plenty fast enough for me. I never have any call issues like my old Samsung Fascinate gave me, I never had reboot problems, 4g or 3g connectivity problems, etc.

As someone stated earlier, I too don't really play games or do heavy multistasking so a dualcore is more a luxury to have just to keep up with technology. My next upgrade prob isn't for another year so ill get whatever is out then. You buy a phone, few months later, something better is out. Ill get whatever the latest and greatest is out once my next upgrade comes. In the mean time, still loving everything about my tbolt

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I hope it has that fancy camera like on the mytouch 4G slide. But most of all BETTER BATTERY. If the the TB had a weakness it was battery life, and unless it is improved I won't be getting it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Here's what I'm going to do.
Sell my TB and all it's accessories for about 450(i have the extended, two stock, and 2amazon batteries, also an external charger and car charger)
^i got all at discounted prices so ill be making a profit

Add a line for $10 a month and get the discount price on the vigor and buy it using the money from selling the tb

Ill be able to keep my upgrade date the same, get the vigor, and get this blunderbolt off my hands

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM]Cyanogenmod 7 RC 1.5.2
[Kernel] Drod BFS AOSP. 9

alboboy10

Reaction score
If you add a line though you won't have unlimited internet

MrKleen

Reaction score
If you add a line though you won't have unlimited internet

Ouch...

Might be better to pay full price for the phone which would only be a small difference after selling and keep in on the same line. Of course the upgrade would stay in place.

alboboy10

Reaction score
That's always good to hear. I've found verizon to be very helpful and willing to work with you. Especially for people who switch phones often lol

Reaction score
That's always good to hear. I've found verizon to be very helpful and willing to work with you. Especially for people who switch phones often lol

And especially people with the thunderbolt ;)

thelopenator

Reaction score
1 gb of ram? 1.5 ghz dual core? that's incredible!

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

thelopenator

Reaction score
1 gb of ram? 1.5 ghz dual core? that's incredible!

Yep, but I highly doubt it will come with a 32GB SD card:)

o that's alright, I'll just use my tbs hah. if those specs are correct I'm definitely getting that phone.

slinky

Reaction score
1. The name is sad.

2. If it's an HTC-VZW phone, it probably will have an underpowered battery. Already had to get an extended with the TB. Cores don't matter if there isn't power to make them go. I already have an extended battery and, if it doesn't fit, I'm not interested in buying all the accessories again.

3. The TB is easily fast enough. I can wait it out.

4. Perhaps TB owners can demand a discount on any potential upgrade or they will dump all the dirt regarding the first HTC-Verizon-4G fiasco. Nobody knows what it really has under the hood. 8GB of RAM? 6? 2.5?

Reaction score
1. The name is sad.

2. If it's an HTC-VZW phone, it probably will have an underpowered battery. Already had to get an extended with the TB. Cores don't matter if there isn't power to make them go. I already have an extended battery and, if it doesn't fit, I'm not interested in buying all the accessories again.

3. The TB is easily fast enough. I can wait it out.

4. Perhaps TB owners can demand a discount on any potential upgrade or they will dump all the dirt regarding the first HTC-Verizon-4G fiasco. Nobody knows what it really has under the hood. 8GB of RAM? 6? 2.5?

Haha I don't care if the name is vigor or not, its all about the performance. Trust me, vzw and HTC have learned their mistakes and are most likely going to pack a 2000mah into this baby. As fast as it may be, the TB definitely has its weak spots...I can't tell you how many eyes have been rolled by my girlfriend when I complained about bad battery life:). Im pretty sure that vzw will pay a higher rate of trade in money to TB owners who will be exchanging their TB for a vigor so I believe that your right about that considering all the reboots otas and lack of gingerbread...but hey lets not get into gingerbread ;)