Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Total BS in that article....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! I wonder how much of the reported 3 million unit growth contains all of the returns for the reception issue of the iPhone4??

Total BS in that article....

DroidForums junkie!!

peterjariel

Reaction score
Ofcource the Iphone sold more, it came out in the summer, the Droid came out in November I bet that the Droid sold more in the Q1 than the Iphone why because it was the new device out. I bet you when the new 4g Android phones come out in Feb. they will sell alot more than the Iphone, why cause they are goin to be the new device out. Its common sence.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They need to talk about why, after having the big release of the iphone 4, is samsung slapping you around in your own house with the captive. Iknow I know the iphone 4s will "fix" that.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Wow... just wow. Apple Insider... wow. Every other outlet that tracks sales, trends, market share and market analysis shows that Android has been trouncing the iPhone for the past 2 quarters. This is what happens when denial sets in and panic erupts.

everstar80

Reaction score
That article was pure crap and confounded as well. Let me tell you why: first off the basis of the study goes off an ambiguous finding earlier, keynote, earlier that phone has sold more as they concluded. Doesn't specify when this study was done and you don't report something like that without using the quarter of this year since we haven't even seen the sales of December. So for it to be accurate and reliable, they would only be able to comapre the results of this year Q1 to Q4. Basically when deciphering a statistical analysis of a product take it with in this case a huge lump of salt. I've studied statical analyses for the past decade in psychology so we learn when an article is confounded because they didnt explain why there was a sharp decline in their own sales and I know when they twist articles to make their results look real when they're completely subjective. Sad you had to go there minion of Steve...

BigZig

Reaction score
I would like to see this study redone after people can upgrade from the OG Droid with a new every two. Because. The OG still dominates the android market. I know that's what I am waiting for. I can't just go out and drop 600 on a new phone so I have to wait for my two year upgrade to get a discount.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
2 threads on this. We're giving them more attention than they ever deserve.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I contacted the guy who wrote the article telling him..

Where did you get your misinformation from when you wrote that article?
So much for writing truthful stories.

This is his response.
The sources are provided. What facts do you have a problem with, the actual data about sales reported by an analyst?

I invited him over here to educate us....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That would be interesting. I wonder if this guy ever saw the report that Android is now taking approximately 50% of smartphone sales in China, even against Symbian, whose stranglehold there is because of cost. If Android is making headway there, where price is king, how can it POSSIBLY be doing so badly here, where price is no object? :)

shmoo

Reaction score
Quick hold your phones above your head! The $h!t is gettin real deep and we don't want them to get ruined! Hahaha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
In the article he states that the information is "based" on US sales information from the said sources. Not to include cheaper phones from other than said companies. They are defusing data to inflate themselves. Like shaving your pubes to make your....umm...yeah.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App