Really crAPPLE??? REALLY? This is just desperate.......

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Android OS is taking over. Simple as that.

Remember when you used to go to "Ask Jeeves" or something like that to search for something. Now you use Google...everyone uses Google. In my own humble opinion, with the right posture and the right methods, Google could swallow up just about any company or division of technology they want to. Their business model is just to stream lined. Provide free great services, and make money off the back side. It took them to where they are today. Open source is the only answer. Apple users will assimilate, or they will be left behind.

OSX2000

Reaction score
This article claims "eighty percent of them (android\verizon users) are so dissatisfied with the platform that they’re already plotting their escape"
It's true...I can't wait to ditch this infinitely versatile Droid for that new Apple brick! Who needs a phone with signal when you hold it anyway?

deputc26

Reaction score
Lol, the CNN article was corrected, 20% of ALL smartphone users plan on getting Android. Even that number is suspiciously low.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
No other manufacturer can claim nearly the loyalty of iPhone owners

loyalty my butt, there stuck in itunes and paid apps and it would cost them to much cash to bail, S.Jobs sure knew what he was doing.

iphone4 anyone. lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Well done . By posting this over here , the 500 viewers of this thread just tripled the monthly traffic of that site .

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ansextra

Reaction score
No other manufacturer can claim nearly the loyalty of iPhone owners

loyalty my butt, there stuck in itunes and paid apps and it would cost them to much cash to bail, S.Jobs sure knew what he was doing.

iphone4 anyone. lmao
I bailed on my 3G. I figured I could duplicate most of the apps I really liked anyway.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Wow. Shame there isn't a contact link for the author of that ridiculous article. They sounded so high and mighty, but now that the original CNN article has been updated to indicate that it was originally incorrect, and instead, 20% of all smartphone owners desire to make their next smartphone purchase an Android device, they sound absolutely ridiculous... not that they didn't before. But now they just look absolutely foolish! And, yes, how convenient that comments have been disabled.

So, now we're back to hearing what we heard a month ago: Both sides have customer/consumer loyalty. No big surprise there, of course. But it is definitely interesting to see that Android has loyalty figures right up there with iOS devices. And 20% of the entire smartphone market would like to buy an Android phone next? I think Google could live with doubling their market share in the smartphone market. :)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So the original Droid sells quite well over it's lifespan. The Droid Inc and Droid X both ran out of stock, and were back-ordered. Not sure what that means numerically, but I would guess it means they sold a decent amount. From what I have read, quite a few people were happy with their Android device and generally positive reviews of the software side at least. Whoever wrote this article either is paid by Apple, is an Apple lover, or is just writing fictional articles (maybe he used to work for the Onion?).

Lets not forget the Palm and Blackberry devices on VZW that are also quite popular smartphones. Both have new offerings coming out, that I imagine will be selling quite well.

I don't think VZW needs Apple. I think AT&T needs Apple though. It is probably the best smartphone they have on their network, which wouldn't be the case if it staggered over to VZW (at least in my opinion). Heck it wouldn't be the best on Sprint either, I saw the video with the cartoon people talking like robots (It can create an island then transform into a beeping plane and fly you there....I don't care). Tmobile has a hot lineup of phones too. Would the iPhone sell well if it came to VZW? Of course, but it is going to sell regardless of what provider it is on.

Another reason VZW doesn't need the iPhone, is because if they get that, AT&T may lose quite a few customers. And VZW will get bigger, maybe getting to the point of monopoly in cell land.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a like to this supposed CNN report

Me too. I'm surprised they didn't post a link. Maybe they lost it. :)

I admit that if Verizon had the iPhone, I would've probably gotten it instead of the Voyager (which I had before the Droid). Yet considering the way Apple reacted to the antenna problem I'm glad that wasn't true.

I'm more willing to believe that AT&T needs the iPhone than the iPhone needs AT&T.

I'm reminded of two commercials that came out when the original iPhone was just released. Both were shot in a mall and evidently the question was, "Why did you get your iPhone?"

Unfortunately they came of as having to find a way to justify spending the money, rather than it being a good phone.

One said, "I used to carry a phone for calling, a phone for texting and a camera, but with the iPhone I don't have to."

Another was a co-pilot who said, "We were waiting for takeoff when the tower said it would be a while due to the weather. I used my iPhone to access the Internet and got weather information. I called the tower with that information and they let us take off."

I had a Moto E815 at the time and could do the same things for less money.

Last edited: