I am calling bogus on this survey

Jeyman

Reaction score
AppleInsider | 54% of Verizon's Android, Blackberry users to switch to iPhone, survey says

Seriously, I think these numbers are inflated. My guess is this survey was conducted in a typical Apple stronghold, like San Francisco or another downtown area. In fact, most of the traffic to Verizon iPhone, I predict, will be people jumping from their AT&T iPhone.

I mean ya, you cant trust just people I no.... But I have not had one person around me say they are getting dropping an android phone for iphone. 54% sounds way to high. (BB maybe idk though I do tend to make iphone users hate me because they look like fools around the moto droid lol

Well none of it matters. will find out in a year or so...

debdroid1a

Reaction score
The first clue should have been the website "apple insider". How many other users go to Apple Insider that aren't apple fans? I didn't know it existed until someone on this Droid forum posted a link there.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess is this survey was conducted in a typical Apple stronghold, like San Francisco or another downtown area.
Seems odd to call a survey bogus without actually looking into how the survey was actually performed. I mean, it's really just as bogus IMO. Two bogus pieces of info do not make a fact.

But I have not had one person around me say they are getting dropping an android phone for iphone. 54% sounds way to high.
"People around you" are not a statistically significant sample, despite how often they're used in an attempt to prove a point by forum users (here and elsewhere).

The first clue should have been the website "apple insider".
They may have chosen the survey to cite but they didn't carry out the survey.

Last edited:
OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
The first clue should have been the website "apple insider". How many other users go to Apple Insider that aren't apple fans? I didn't know it existed until someone on this Droid forum posted a link there.

It was sent to me by a friend who is an Apple automaton, and Android hater.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Bull, no doubt some will switch, but nowhere near that many!

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

Last edited by a moderator:

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
**deleted by user**

Last edited by a moderator:

Gritwater

Reaction score
''This is bogus because it goes against droid....wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhh''

Good grief

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

AlexSB

Reaction score

Good grief

This IS a DROID forum sir.

Liberated Droid II

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As some of you can see, I had to do some editing in this thread. Please keep in mind that the Droid Forums does not allow profanity. The video and quoted post following the video was deleted.

Keep it "family friendly" from this point on.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
As some of you can see, I had to do some editing in this thread. Please keep in mind that the Droid Forums does not allow profanity. The video and quoted post following the video was deleted.

Keep it "family friendly" from this point on.

Sorry, didn't realize it was such a big deal. I thought a link would be okay. I've definitely seen far worse... noted, won't happen again...

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well, it WAS pretty funny :/

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

AWB

Reaction score
Let them switch maybe so many will switch to iPhone that we can get our androids free on a one-year upgrade lol.

Gritwater

Reaction score

Good grief

This IS a DROID forum sir.

Liberated Droid II
That doesn't excuse someone trying to pass a ''droid is better than iphone because I own a droid'' argument as an intellectually honest argument...or you trying to defend his intellectual dishonesty simply by saying ''its a droid forum''....like that makes it ok.

But this IS a DROID fanboi forum sir

Cdjones187

Reaction score
This made me giggle a bit. IF true, that would mean 54% of the forums users here would also switch. Highly unlikely. Bahahahahahahhaha. That is if they did a real non-bias survey. Which would have to be done on a MASSIVE scale and the only people that could pull off a true "survey" of that magnitude would be verizon its self. So I also call BS.