Android Doing so poor Verizon Needs the Iphone

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
of course the iphone is going to sell on verizon. Not only will there be a huge noumber of converts, but you're going to get a lot of people from att&t who are finally going to make the switch. That being said, I'll pass on the iphone, buying a phone thats already a year old technology wise when the new android beast phones are going to be out at the same time seems foolish to me. But I prefer android and its superior raw power anyway. To each his own

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
I agree pyro, to each his own. I just really think android apps need to come up to iphone par. Its useless having one of these beasts if the apps are horrible. No reason for an awesome recording app not to be on the market at this point in the game. Jmo.

Sent from my Darkslide v4 droid x

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Right! Now, if android can partner with major companies like apple does. Look out! I think the x could way out perform the iphone on the recording side, really anything lol, they just need to get out there. Show major developers what these bad boys can do. Steal the market away. Ok, I will let go now. Lol

Sent from my Darkslide v4 droid x

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind too, the Android Market is much younger than the Apple App Store, so naturally the iOS store will be a little ahead. I think the android market has made leaps and bounds from what it was even 4 or 5 months ago. Now I will say I still think the apple app store is better right now, who is to say that will be the case 6 months or a year from now.

jhatton

Reaction score
People say I am a trouble maker because I speak my mind about my hatred of the android phones, and always tell the truth about my experiences with the android. Of which there are ALOT of people can't handle it when I put down the OS. For that, that isn't my fault. Which personally, don't really care about other people's thoughts about me.

Anyways,

Well I have both, the droid x and the iphone...The iphone bets the droid hands down in performance. Owning three android phones, I have had many troubles with all three, from battery sucking to being sluggish. Not counting the apps appearing and reappearing at will.

Now for my IPhone. I have had two weeks and so far no problems, other than the slow no 3G ATT network. Why they never opened the 3G like verizon did beyond my rational mind(which is questionable at time). I have alot of apps on it and so far the speed is the same. But it does slow at times, but nothing compared to the Droid X. Not really sure if its the 32g version I bought which would make it faster than its counterpart.

As far as the article goes, that's all it is words and pictures. I can write anything I want about any products and networks. But does it make it so, not really. But if it was, what would it matter really? Ya'll say the droid is the best. I am sure it is, especially if you have never had a problem with it All phones are the best as well as the networks. We have the fastest networks and the best phones. blah blah blah.

Which phone do I use the most? depends on the area I am in. But I do prefer my Iphone over the Droid X, Alley and the Droid 1. Have had all three and all get a negative rating in MY HUMBLE OPINION, and that' s all it is a OPINION. just speak it very strongly.

Verizon needs a better a variety of operating systems on the phones then the android.

And that's my opinion, take it or leave it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Keep in mind too, the Android Market is much younger than the Apple App Store, so naturally the iOS store will be a little ahead. I think the android market has made leaps and bounds from what it was even 4 or 5 months ago. Now I will say I still think the apple app store is better right now, who is to say that will be the case 6 months or a year from now.
We still won't have anywhere near as many fart apps being marketed by the guy in charge of it, like over at Apple? Heck, we won't have as many fart apps total as they do being marketed by that guy.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its your opinion but, I disagree with iPhone having better performance. I've owned all but the iPhone 4 and, since owning a Droid, 32GB 3G-S QUICKLY became an iPod touch with a contract! The ONLY time I'd say that my iPhone had any kind of "performance" at all is when its tethered to my Droid! And we all know that AT&T vs Verizon is like comparing a Cavalier to a Ferrari (no comparison)! At the rate Android and its market is developing, its dominating the smartphone market! In fact, its the ONLY OS that has actually shown growth in the past quarter or two.
The iPhone changed smartphones forever and only a fool would say otherwise! All good things must come to an end though! Android has a few improvements to make but, should we look back at previous iPhone versions? The 2G ($400 when I got it) had NO MMS, NO flash on the camera, NO insurance available, NO removable battery, NO widgets, NO multitasking, NO notification bar, and NO video camera. The 3G ($200) had same features missing but was 3G capable (crappy coverage). The 3G-S ($300 32GB)..at launch basically missing same features except for the video camera. You couldn't even do picture messaging on it until Sept of last year! Look at the features the FIRST Droid brought and compare. Imagine what's coming! Screw the Citrus! The first iPhone dropped more than 3 years ago...where do you think Android will be 2 years from now?? Inferior product? I beg to differ! :dancedroid:

People say I am a trouble maker because I speak my mind about my hatred of the android phones, and always tell the truth about my experiences with the android. Of which there are ALOT of people can't handle it when I put down the OS. For that, that isn't my fault. Which personally, don't really care about other people's thoughts about me.

Anyways,

Well I have both, the droid x and the iphone...The iphone bets the droid hands down in performance. Owning three android phones, I have had many troubles with all three, from battery sucking to being sluggish. Not counting the apps appearing and reappearing at will.

Now for my IPhone. I have had two weeks and so far no problems, other than the slow no 3G ATT network. Why they never opened the 3G like verizon did beyond my rational mind(which is questionable at time). I have alot of apps on it and so far the speed is the same. But it does slow at times, but nothing compared to the Droid X. Not really sure if its the 32g version I bought which would make it faster than its counterpart.

As far as the article goes, that's all it is words and pictures. I can write anything I want about any products and networks. But does it make it so, not really. But if it was, what would it matter really? Ya'll say the droid is the best. I am sure it is, especially if you have never had a problem with it All phones are the best as well as the networks. We have the fastest networks and the best phones. blah blah blah.

Which phone do I use the most? depends on the area I am in. But I do prefer my Iphone over the Droid X, Alley and the Droid 1. Have had all three and all get a negative rating in MY HUMBLE OPINION, and that' s all it is a OPINION. just speak it very strongly.

Verizon needs a better a variety of operating systems on the phones then the android.

And that's my opinion, take it or leave it.

DroidForums junkie!!

jhatton

Reaction score
Again this my experience with the droid and iphone. My iphone is better the droid x. Might be different with everyone else.

jhatton

Reaction score
If it continues to improve. Will be a major contender as it is now. But time will tell. Forgot answer in
last post