Android Doing so poor Verizon Needs the Iphone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And people who know me still wonder why I will never own an apple product

Sent from my DROIDX

Somebody please give me one of those great face palm pics.

Did Apple write that? Get off Apple's back. I have several Apple products and they are excellent.

sp0rk

Reaction score
I've always liked the design of Apple products, especially the iPhone. It's just beautiful. The curves, stainless steel accent. Even the UI is pretty. But, the iPhone lacks functionality and customization. Which is where Android comes in, even if a bit headstrong.

I've never seen an Android phone come anywhere near the beauty of the iPhone. And probably never will. That's okay, I'm happier that way. :p

Verizon needs the iPhone to be another major US carrier. The network and customer service outrank AT&T's. A better experience for the iPhone user. But Verizon isn't going to hand over the amount of power Apple wants, thankfully.

The UK has had an unlocked iPhone since its debute thanks to some law that prohibits either the locking of a phone to a network or having rights to be the exclusive retailer of a phone. Either way, I wish we had that law...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to iPhone rumors for Verizon that I simply don't believe them. I don't believe this one anymore then any other. Time and time again they've been wrong.

sp0rk

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's because they can't come to an agreement on what power Verizon grants them.

AT&T compiled with practically every Apple request. Silly submissive AT&T.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed! I'll share as well that January is not far away and there hasn't even been a mention of any training for reps yet...not even a solid yes or no from higher ups!

I've been listening to iPhone rumors for Verizon that I simply don't believe them. I don't believe this one anymore then any other. Time and time again they've been wrong.

DroidForums junkie!!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Guys the article is about sales figures not opinion. Say what you want but the activation figures in the monthly periods isn't what it needs to be to keep up with iPhone sales, even on a horrible network, and that is the point of the article. Android has done very well and is earning huge market share, but it doesn't mean it's demolishing Apple either.

Like it or not, iPhone is huge with the public and will be for quite a while to come. I won't own one because I don't like Apple's views on content control, but that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

So unless some of you have some legit sales figures to disprove the article above and it's claims, just stop embarrassing yourselves with unnecessary rhetoric and bias. Put up some evidence.

SLIM

Reaction score
The stores around me can not keep the Droid in stock. Had to go to the forth store and they finaly had one left brand new in the box. As far as the I-PHONE, it is over-rated. I had one, was not impressed. I now have the Droid 2 Global, and I am very happy with it. THe Droid products have a lot going for them.

MY 2 CENTS

:motdroidvert: SLIM

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And people who know me still wonder why I will never own an apple product

Sent from my DROIDX

Did Apple write that? Get off Apple's back. I have several Apple products and they are excellent.

I can hate apple all I want, I don't recall needing your damn permission

Nope, you don't need my permission anymore then I need yours to tell you that we all know how you feel about Apple. Now I suggest you move on.

Freezetron

Reaction score

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting if true. I don't know, that hasn't been my understanding based on numerous other articles I've seen. Although maybe the difference is all Android (including Sprint and other carries) as opposed to VZW vs. AT&T.

As for the IPhone rumor, I was going to post but the latest entry in the rumor sweepstakes is that an LTE compatible IPhone was going to be the FIRST LTE hand device on VZW. Now, I do think the IPhone is coming to VZW but that rumor was a whopper.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I can hate apple all I want, I don't recall needing your damn permission

Nope, you don't need my permission anymore then I need yours to tell you that we all know how you feel about Apple. Now I suggest you move on.

You do the same

Personally, I'm with Freezetron. I think you were wrong hookbill for jumping on him for posting his opinion, defending Apple products simply because he stated his opinion.

I personally don't like Apple because they have this stuck-up, snobby image. I just don't see how this article can be true when the activation figures I've been hearing put Android in the lead for the past few months. Android OS has 300k daily while iOS has (at last report) 240k-ish daily?

Either way, agree with it or not, Verizon has already publicly stated it is fully supporting Android. And as a business model, couldn't be faulted for looking into getting an iPhone on it's network simply to steal customers from AT&T. But what will be the determining factor for me (and numerouis others here in these forums) is if Verizon offers an Android phone that I can hack/root/customize as I wish, I'm buying that over an iPhone HANDS DOWN (even if the iPhone was given away for half price.)
But you gotta give Android credit for coming out of nowhere to get as close to the established "standard" Apple as they have. I bet Steve Jobs would KILL for his Mac sales to have the same pattern when compared against Windows PCs.

Bottom line? All this is sort of stupid. They are comparing apples and oranges. If Apple wants to boast sales figures, just use numbers that can't be argued. The iPhone 4 is beating the pants off EVERY Android based phone one-on-one hands down. The Samsung Captivate, while having 2 million sales in 1 or 2 months is still half what the iPhone sold for the same time period. Add in the other manufacturer sales of other Android phones and the figures tilt in favor of Android OS phones. It's really like comparing Windows with a Mac. 1 is an OS on multiple brands, while the other is 1 model from a single company.

Last edited: