[ROM] [AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

Bobert51

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before, I looked back a few pages and didn't see it. Do I need to do a full wipe coming from 1.0.1 to 1.2?

Thanks to the devs! This has given my DX new life!! I feel like I could stick with this phone for another year or two running Gummy, but unfortunately Verizons new data policy is going to ensure I use my upgrade for a Galaxy Nexus while I can still keep my unlimited. You can be sure I'll be running Gummy on that too though. I'll be donating after my next paycheck
:icon_ lala:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the computer USB charging problem, toggle GPS on and off.

X

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Lack of charging when phone is off is really detrimental. My battery died when I wasn't paying attention, so if my dad didn't have a Droid as well my phone would be bricked :(

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Okay, so I noticed the phone will not charge when plugged into the wall outlet when the battery is completely dead, but it will when plugged into a computer. I thought I was just lucky and didn't have the no charging problem, but it turns out that I just didn't notice it because I haven't been plugging my phone into the wall outlet for the past few months.

Try plugging yours into the computer next time it happens.

Disclaimer: Don't go and try it without a backup plan, because it may just be some fluke on my end. If you do have an external charger or a 2nd battery or something, though, try the computer method next time your battery dies.

JumperPunk

Reaction score
For the computer USB charging problem, toggle GPS on and off.

WAT. That makes no sense to me at all. I'm not saying it doesn't work as a work-around, I'm just saying that this is one of the weirder bugs/workarounds I have seen in a long time.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'm just relaying what 13th Angel posted on rootzwiki.

X

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Good Work 13th Angel !!!
Look forward to moving out of Beta to RC / Stable.

To what i have read so far ...
hardware acceleration and Battery efficiency
would make this a Stable ... Daily ROM

This ROM seems to fair better when compared to
JackpotCalvins ROM or is it the same ???

the only 2 reasons users are forced to return to GB
in between testing this great ROM !!!

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Its a great ROM ...
Fantastic effort Team Gummy ... Kudos !!!

besides the known issues of ...
hardware acceleration (which renders the video cam unusable and videos un-watchable)
&
poor battery efficiency (my battery is already 43% and its just 4pm my time) ...

Its already a great daily ROM ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some minor and important fixes would be ...

1. Tweak the Keyboard back light ...
doesn't light up ... impossible to work after the lights are off ... which i do very much ...
2. The reboot goes to recovery ... needs to be fixed.
3. Proximity Sensor on call ... needs to be activated.
(proximity based Pushup app from the market works however ... so we have a working sensor)
4. I can't tell you how happy i am to find the Power Notification ported from CM into our Gummy,
but however the 2G/3G buttons don't switch properly looks like they are unstable ... or is it just me.
5. Looks like the default keyboard is frozen to stop it from popping in portrait mode ... as a result there
is no keyboard in landscaped mode ... which needs attention.

a few things i can't find or may be missing ...

1. I can't locate the keyboard shortcut settings ... Is it missing ??? ...
If it exists please point me to that setting
2. The apex launcher is smooooooth ... but i am used to placing 5 columns of icons on my home screen,
but i can't seem to implement the 5 column home screen icons with their labels ... however if i set 5
columns in apex settings the icon labels do a vanishing act ... and icons without their labels turn this
beautiful UI to an eye sore ... and if i check the 'Automatic Grid Size' the labels are back but the columns
default to 4 which i need set on 5 columns. - should i query apex developers on this ???
3. so far ...

@13th angel ... please count me in as a tester for this Fantastic ROM of yours !!!

Cheers !!!

aiamuzz

Reaction score
The keyboard backlight is killing me ... can we hope for a fix soon ???
Battery efficiency and keyboard backlight ... top priority ...

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how to hard boot into recovery on this Gummy ROM ?
I don't see any blue light on boot ... as is the way to access recovery on jackpot calvin's CM9 ROM ... can CWM bootloader be installed on this Gummy ROM ?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Is it just me ... i am unable to send text SMS's ... i was able to ... the first day of flashing this great ROM ... but now i am unable to ... i suspect the SMS Center No. is not set on my phone ...

when i run *#*#4636#*#* ... i see that the SMSC has no number set besides this field ... when i click on refresh ... a number(probably my SMS Service center No.) shows up in this field ... then i click 'update' ... i come out of 'testing' menu and go back again, but the number doesn't seem to get registered ... asa result i am unable to text !!!

Any suggestion how to fix this ?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
CAUTION : USERS COMING FROM JC's LATEST CM7 & CM9 BUILDS DO NOT FLASH THE GUMMY BUILDS ... IN ALL PROBABILITY YOU WILL END UP SBF'ing FROM SCRATCH ... PLEASE WAIT UNTIL 13THANGEL AND JACKPOTCALVIN SORT OUT THIS PROBLEM.

Hi 13thAngel,

I really like your ROM very, very much ... Can't commend you enough !!!

Especially as your ROM which is builT from the ... ground up ... directly from Google Source ... unlike other ROMS which come from CM Source ... you deserve every bit of respect for doing that !!! Kudos !!!

coming to the point ...

As you know JackpotCalvin has ported defy's recovery to droid pro and has packaged it with his CM ROM builds(both CM7 & CM9) which btw is very coooooooooooool ...

As you already know users who test ROMS ... usually test both yours and JC's(whilst they are still in beta phase), evident from both of your threads which show common audience/recipients.

The problem i want to report is ...

Such users that may come from JC's CM builds(after he has started packaging his builds with the defy ported recovery which is accessible by pressing the Vol Dn on the Blue light cue) to your Gummy Build have problems as a result.

When i came from JC's CM7 build(the Defy ported recovery is very promising though) and flashed your Gummy Build i wasn't able to boot ... i got stuck at the red motorola logo(not the droid eye boot loop) ... i invoked r+m+power recovery ... and tried clearing data/cache ... but to no avail ... my phone continued to freeze at the red motorola logo.

With SBF'ing the ONLY option left !!! i had no choice ... and now my droid pro is running OTA updates whilst i am writing this post ...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I hope both you and JC realize that ...

Its really very, very, very, very, painful to SBF back to "Stock Froyo---root on froyo---save root---run all the OTA updates---restore root---flash CWM" every time we encounter a motorola logo freezes as a result of cross testing yours and JC's ROMS alternately

Can you and JC work on providing us users a stable platform with regard to recovery ... by resolving the conflict with your recoveries ???

This way we hope to test both of your ROM's and contribute towards developing stable ROM's !!!

thanks,

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
CAUTION : USERS COMING FROM JC's LATEST CM7 & CM9 BUILDS DO NOT FLASH THE GUMMY BUILDS ... IN ALL PROBABILITY YOU WILL END UP SBF'ing FROM SCRATCH ... PLEASE WAIT UNTIL 13THANGEL AND JACKPOTCALVIN SORT OUT THIS PROBLEM.

Hi 13thAngel,

I really like your ROM very, very much ... Can't commend you enough !!!

Especially as your ROM which is builT from the ... ground up ... directly from Google Source ... unlike other ROMS which come from CM Source ... you deserve every bit of respect for doing that !!! Kudos !!!

coming to the point ...

As you know JackpotCalvin has ported defy's recovery to droid pro and has packaged it with his CM ROM builds(both CM7 & CM9) which btw is very coooooooooooool ...

As you already know users who test ROMS ... usually test both yours and JC's(whilst they are still in beta phase), evident from both of your threads which show common audience/recipients.

The problem i want to report is ...

Such users that may come from JC's CM builds(after he has started packaging his builds with the defy ported recovery which is accessible by pressing the Vol Dn on the Blue light cue) to your Gummy Build have problems as a result.

When i came from JC's CM7 build(the Defy ported recovery is very promising though) and flashed your Gummy Build i wasn't able to boot ... i got stuck at the red motorola logo(not the droid eye boot loop) ... i invoked r+m+power recovery ... and tried clearing data/cache ... but to no avail ... my phone continued to freeze at the red motorola logo.

With SBF'ing the ONLY option left !!! i had no choice ... and now my droid pro is running OTA updates whilst i am writing this post ...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I hope both you and JC realize that ...

Its really very, very, very, very, painful to SBF back to "Stock Froyo---root on froyo---save root---run all the OTA updates---restore root---flash CWM" every time we encounter a motorola logo freezes as a result of cross testing yours and JC's ROMS alternately

Can you and JC work on providing us users a stable platform with regard to recovery ... by resolving the conflict with your recoveries ???

This way we hope to test both of your ROM's and contribute towards developing stable ROM's !!!

thanks,

Not to be offensive, but I think you did something wrong. I've gone back and forth between Gummy and CM9 several times without ever getting stuck on the Motorola logo.

The only issue I've run into with using both ROMs is that they each use a different version of CWM recovery, so the Nandroid backups don't work if you don't have the correct recovery. For instance, if I am currently on Gummy, and want to switch to CM9, I can't simply restore my backup of CM9 that I made before I flashed to Gummy. Instead, I have to flash CM9 as a new install, then go back and restore the backup. It's an extra step, but it's not that big a deal, since it's only a few clicks here and there.