[ROM] [AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try it right now and let you know the results. I haven't heard of using RootKeeper but I'll try it. Also, in your opinion, is Gummy better than CM9? Both have the same issues with not being able to use the video-camera, but everything else is set, right? I have the Droid Pro from Verizon.

Both are good ... u can always try both ... in fact I have made nandroid backups of the official GB ... CM7 ... Gummy ... CM9 ... and revert to them whenever I may need, for instance if I need video I go back to official GB ... once done ... get back to one of the ICS builds ...

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

yuvcram

Reaction score
1. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... install OTA rootkeeper ... save root from rootkeeper ... complete all OTA updates to the latest official GB ... restore saved root from OTA rootkeeper app ... then u can flash any custom ICS ROM (CM9 OR Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... and it will work ...

OR

2. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... google for a GB (kernel only) zip file flash that kernel only zip and flash any of the ICS custom ROM(CM9 or Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... in the same CWM session ... failing which u will have to redo the SBF and start afresh ...

PS: for the GB kernel only zip ... locate dettofatto's XDA post called summary for Droid Pro ... u should find it there ...

How long does it take for the initial loading of Gummy after the reboot for it to load? I'm still stuck on the white Motorola icon. For your first method about, when I flash it to Gummy through CMW, do I still wipe system/data, cache, and Delvik cache? I did that, and it's still not working. Could it be that I have the wrong Gapps? Because I downloaded the Gummy zip from the first post in this thread.

yuvcram

Reaction score
1. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... install OTA rootkeeper ... save root from rootkeeper ... complete all OTA updates to the latest official GB ... restore saved root from OTA rootkeeper app ... then u can flash any custom ICS ROM (CM9 OR Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... and it will work ...

OR

2. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... google for a GB (kernel only) zip file flash that kernel only zip and flash any of the ICS custom ROM(CM9 or Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... in the same CWM session ... failing which u will have to redo the SBF and start afresh ...

PS: for the GB kernel only zip ... locate dettofatto's XDA post called summary for Droid Pro ... u should find it there ...

I can't find the link for the GB kernel only zip. Is it the same as "http://www.mediafire.com/?dbc4owir1jws53f" (Blur_Version.4.6.8.XT610.Verizon.en.US.zip) or "https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-pro-sbf-files" (VRZ_XT610_4.6.8_user_signed_1FF.sbf.zip)?

For the second method, how updated for GB do I need to be on? There were two updates for GB on the Droid Pro.

EDIT:

I think I found the GB kernel only zip, is it 4.7.3? And then so I would follow the same instructions for method 2 as outlined above? For the second method, would I need to still to wipe the system, cache, Delvik cache through CMW in Bootstrapper; and then flash the Gummy Zip, and Gapps Zip?

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Reaction score
EDIT:

I think I found the GB kernel only zip, is it 4.7.3? And then so I would follow the same instructions for method 2 as outlined above? For the second method, would I need to still to wipe the system, cache, Delvik cache through CMW in Bootstrapper; and then flash the Gummy Zip, and Gapps Zip?

Yes that's the one ... be very careful ...
1. Phone SBF to stock Froyo.
2. Root phone.
3. Install Bootstrapper
4. Boot into recovery ...
(Mind you ... all the below needs to be done in a single recovery session, you cannot reboot the phone in the middle)
5. Wipe data/cache.
6. Format system.
7. Install the kernel zip file.
8. Install the Gummy zip
9. Install ICS GAPPS.

... REBOOT !!!

yuvcram

Reaction score
Yes that's the one ... be very careful ...
1. Phone SBF to stock Froyo.
2. Root phone.
3. Install Bootstrapper
4. Boot into recovery ...
(Mind you ... all the below needs to be done in a single recovery session, you cannot reboot the phone in the middle)
5. Wipe data/cache.
6. Format system.
7. Install the kernel zip file.
8. Install the Gummy zip
9. Install ICS GAPPS.

... REBOOT !!!

Two other clarifying issues (I want to make sure because I've had SBF for me to care to count):

1) the kernel for GB 4.7.3 that I have is only 20mb. Is that right (it's a zip file)?
2) what is the difference between step 5 and 6, in wiping data/cache, and what is formatting the system? Maybe that's the step (6) that I missed.

Also, I used the Swiftkey app on the stock Android, what keyboard app do you use? And is there is a way to install the Backup Assistant or the MyVerizon app?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Two other clarifying issues (I want to make sure because I've had SBF for me to care to count):

1) the kernel for GB 4.7.3 that I have is only 20mb. Is that right (it's a zip file)?
2) what is the difference between step 5 and 6, in wiping data/cache, and what is formatting the system? Maybe that's the step (6) that I missed.

Also, I used the Swiftkey app on the stock Android, what keyboard app do you use? And is there is a way to install the Backup Assistant or the MyVerizon app?

1. Is the kernel file named as this ...
'1-PRO-473-kernel.zip' ... mine is just over 3 mb ... I don't know how ur file is 20 mb

2. Step 5 deletes ur data ... and ur ROM is like factory reset ... step 6 is formatting /system ... /system is where the android OS is installed ... after formatting that if u reboot without installing any of the ROM ... ur phone will not have an OS to boot into ... that is the reason once u carry out step 6 an OS has to be installed ... else SBF will be the only way to go ...

No !!! U faced problems bcos u installed Gummy over a Froyo kernel and ICS does not compat with this kernel ...

Last edited:

yuvcram

Reaction score
Yes! It finally worked. Thank you so much!!

(btw the side button on the Droid Pro, is it programmable?)

xm0067

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty mediocre battery life on this, though most of the tweaks I had on my phone before flashing this I've forgotten. How have y'all managed to extend yours?

auspy

Reaction score
GOD!! can not handle with these complex english as a chinese ....

jwagman1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i flash this after converting to cricket, if it will screw up the settings? maybe only need to fix mms? let me know what you think. Thanks!

alexhdkn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
How can i download it? the link is broken