[ROM] [AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Am i the only one who loves this ROM ... for its stability(GSM) ???
If so then its gone low on the popularity i guess ...

So has the support stopped for this ROM ?
that would be a pity ... when it most certainly made it to the finish line ...
except a few minor tweaks left ...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

aiamuzz

Reaction score
No it has not, there just hasn't been an updated build. Both Adam and Kejar have been/are on vacation so 1.3 is taking a little while.

Glad ... that its not withdrawn ... :)

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

w0nkas

Reaction score
Just a Question for all, do u all have battery issue where it will charge to 100% and drop to 99% immediately when unplugged? I have tried leaving it charged overnight and unplugging it with the same result. I have also noticed the wipe battery stats in the recovery menu have no effect. Am I the only one?

w0nkas

Reaction score
Sorry again, as I am on Singapore GSM 1800, I have noticed my signal strength being on 2 bars and never once more then than. I have installed latest gummy rom after SBF and followed all the steps, wipe cache, data, dalvik and installed gapps before initial boot, and configured my network via the #*#*4636*#*#. I have noticed my mode keep reverting from gsm only to gsm/wcdma. Am I missing something here?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Sorry again, as I am on Singapore GSM 1800, I have noticed my signal strength being on 2 bars and never once more then than. I have installed latest gummy rom after SBF and followed all the steps, wipe cache, data, dalvik and installed gapps before initial boot, and configured my network via the #*#*4636*#*#. I have noticed my mode keep reverting from gsm only to gsm/wcdma. Am I missing something here?

Is that network mode affecting the device operation ? ... its normal ... if u check 2G data only setting it will change and stay as GSM only ...

The 2 bars are normal ... voice and data work just fine in spite ... however on official stock ROM if I remember right the signal bars behave just right ... move beyond the 2 bars and changing up/down

Last edited:

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
w0nkas said:
Just a Question for all, do u all have battery issue where it will charge to 100% and drop to 99% immediately when unplugged? I have tried leaving it charged overnight and unplugging it with the same result. I have also noticed the wipe battery stats in the recovery menu have no effect. Am I the only one?

That's not abnormal behavior. Your phone is stopping the charging process to drain back down and recharge one or two percent periodically.

w0nkas

Reaction score
Ok thanks to all for the help!

Anyway I re SBF and installed gummy rom from scratch due to it getting stucked in reboot loop for the 2nd time which i had to factory reset for both times.. It happened after I recieved and sms for both times. After opening the sms notification, the phone boot up the boot screen by itself and got stucked there. I had to do a battery pull and enter stock recovery to do a factory. the Frequency is 4-5days..

I had installed a custom jellybean boot logo. Is that the main issue here?

Avillanueva

Reaction score
How the hell long does this take to boot up? I'm just watching my Nyan Cat and the audio for it quit, but it's just on the cat moving... It's been booting for about 3 minutes?
Thanks!

Edit:

Ok, i got it on. It's great! Other than a few bugs which i discovered, some are known, some are ones i didn't read about.

1. No video/Panoramic shots
2. If you turn off your 3G Data, via the Notification bar, it disables you from calling etc.
3. ALT+Spacebar brings up a menu that does not have certain characters (<,>, possibly a few others that i cannot remember right now)
That's all.

Other than that, it's fast, easily customized, and best of all stable. Nice job ;)

P.S. And it doesn't have all that bloat ware that bogs down your phone >.>

Last edited:

xpandismo

Reaction score
I can't send or receive MMS. I've tried setting the MMSC in the Go SMS settings, but without any luck. It gets stuck saying "Downloading..." and, from the looks of the data indicator, appears to be trying, but doesn't actually go through. No error (from stock or Go SMS), nothing. The APN list in the settings is empty, and I've looked but have no idea how to change the APN settings in ICS. Any idea on how to fix that?

Aside from that, and battery life (I'll assume that's ICS's fault, not the developers'), this ROM is great. Much more speedy and less laggy than the MIUI version.

Oh, and, thanks for all of the ROMs. 13th angel, Bikedude and whoever else worked on this phone have been my saviors for the past year and a half. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to support any of you because I don't have the cash. Any chance you'll be working on a Jelly Bean update, or have you guys have enough with this phone?

w0nkas

Reaction score
5th time my phone reboot by itself after recieving an sms and getting stucked in reboot loop.. am lost now

yuvcram

Reaction score
Just to clarify, when I flash Gummy from the CMW, does it need to boot into CMW from any specific version of Android on the Droid Pro?

I had originally upgraded my Droid Pro to the most recent version which is not rootable yet, so I SBF'd to version 2.26.2, rooted it using SuperOneClick, installed Bootstrapper, wiped my system, cache, and Delvik cache, installed Gummy and Gapps, but when I select reboot phone, it stays to the black screen with the white motorola logo, and the second time I tried it, it blacks out and doesn't boot into Gummy or anything.

What should I do?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Just to clarify, when I flash Gummy from the CMW, does it need to boot into CMW from any specific version of Android on the Droid Pro?

I had originally upgraded my Droid Pro to the most recent version which is not rootable yet, so I SBF'd to version 2.26.2, rooted it using SuperOneClick, installed Bootstrapper, wiped my system, cache, and Delvik cache, installed Gummy and Gapps, but when I select reboot phone, it stays to the black screen with the white motorola logo, and the second time I tried it, it blacks out and doesn't boot into Gummy or anything.

What should I do?

1. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... install OTA rootkeeper ... save root from rootkeeper ... complete all OTA updates to the latest official GB ... restore saved root from OTA rootkeeper app ... then u can flash any custom ICS ROM (CM9 OR Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... and it will work ...

OR

2. SBF back to Froyo ... root phone ... install bootstrapper ... google for a GB (kernel only) zip file flash that kernel only zip and flash any of the ICS custom ROM(CM9 or Gummy) ... flash GAPPS ... in the same CWM session ... failing which u will have to redo the SBF and start afresh ...

PS: for the GB kernel only zip ... locate dettofatto's XDA post called summary for Droid Pro ... u should find it there ...

yuvcram

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try it right now and let you know the results. I haven't heard of using RootKeeper but I'll try it. Also, in your opinion, is Gummy better than CM9? Both have the same issues with not being able to use the video-camera, but everything else is set, right? I have the Droid Pro from Verizon.