A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

dcook12

Reaction score
A Thread of topics you hate part II

Techguru wrote this and I thought it deserved to be started again. The original thread is like 19 pages long....If the admins think this is not a good idea feel free to delete:

From techguru:

I am reviving this old topic for a new pet peeve... Newbies whose first post is a question, they get a bunch of us answering (some even spending some time researching the answers), we post follow-up questions for more detail, and the newbie never responds again. When you go to look at their stats, you see they never even logged on again.

Why ask a question if you aren't going to come back and look at the answers?

Just needed to get that off my chest......

Alan

Now me (Dcook12)....I am not a newbie but am far from being really good at the smart phone. The last thread was great. I was a little miffed at first until some one told me they were just doing it for fun and getting some of the same questions they answer off of their chest..I understood and replied myself. Maybe I should have just replied to the original thread, but like I said it is so long...maybe we can start a new one...Just a few from me:

HELP NEEDED NOW.......wow, so descriptive it's hard to pass up. If people would take the time to read about the forum, they wouldn't make this a thread title..It says to BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE..

Of course the what phone should I get. Go to the store, try them out and see which one you like the best. How do you get a phone through the buying process and then not realize until you get it home that you don't like the slideout keyboard???

I searched this forum and the whole world wide web and can't find out how to set my ringtones.

Which is the best task killer (NONE, NONE and NONE!)

To all new to the forum. I know everything happens now at the speed of light and you don't need to try to figure out some things about a $500 phone and 2 yr contract before you leave the store, but at least take the time to read the sticky threads on the forum. They are loaded with great tips.

That's it for me now...

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why a second one had to be started. Could you have not just added your thoughts to the end?

(Doesn't this kind of go against the entire IDEA of the initial thread?)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
merging with existing thread.

I understand wanting to shrink the thread but we only need one of these.

dcook12

Reaction score
merging with existing thread.

I understand wanting to shrink the thread but we only need one of these.

Thanks for merging this. I should have just replied to the original.....You can delete my new thread if you like....

MadScientist

Reaction score
Im relatively new to the forums but have read quite a bit. I've read through all the pages here and have found it halarious and sad at the same time. You would think that those who are interested in finding answers, especially those who have one of the best efficiency tools available would do so in a more intelligent and efficient manner but to each their own I guess :)

One that I've gotten frustrated with lately is all of the questions about 4G pricing. Its not that complex of a topic. Do we really need that many different discussions on it?

The sad thing is those who actually look have a hard time finding all of the info that need without spending three days reading mostly repeat info.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to be a little nice on these forums???
what kind of topic is this?
Seems kinda mean ...
People just want help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to be a little nice on these forums???
what kind of topic is this?
Seems kinda mean ...
People just want help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Its really not meant to be offensive. Just a place to vent about it so those of us who encounter these situations regularly can just let it roll like water off a duck's back.

tappin and a talkin

lizard

Reaction score
Maybe the next new guy will see this first.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have three:

What ROM should I use?

I accepted the new update and now I'm not rooted?

iPhone coming to Verizon! Death to Android!

:)

Find your own darn ROM, read the forum before you accept any update because they all break root, and Verizon Wireless USA getting the iPhone won't kill Android because Android is a worldwide phenomenon that is already standing up to and beating iOS in most markets.