A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn, this thread just makes me never wanna post anything on this forum. Sounds like there are so many f'n pros here we shouldn't help the noobs at all. Screw it, if ya haven't been a member since the original droid get the F out!! That would include me by the way. Screw you, screw you, screw you, you're cool, I'm out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I love that movie with a burning passion... thought i'd let you know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn, this thread just makes me never wanna post anything on this forum. Sounds like there are so many f'n pros here we shouldn't help the noobs at all. Screw it, if ya haven't been a member since the original droid get the F out!! That would include me by the way. Screw you, screw you, screw you, you're cool, I'm out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I love that movie with a burning passion... thought i'd let you know.

What movie would that be?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Half baked

The "screw you" bit is from a scene where one of the characters quits his job at a fast food place and every job I work, I tell myself that's how I'm going to quit... but I never do.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If there is any forum that is all about the new person it is D/F - take this thread light hearted because it is all in good fun - but when it comes to helping the newest member feel at home and like they know everything that the oldest member knows, that is where D/F and it's members are serious

We are all about fun, learning, growth, community, sharing, and respect - to have this community confused as anything less would be a great loss :)

techguru

Reaction score
If there is any forum that is all about the new person it is D/F - take this thread light hearted because it is all in good fun - but when it comes to helping the newest member feel at home and like they know everything that the oldest member knows, that is where D/F and it's members are serious

We are all about fun, learning, growth, community, sharing, and respect - to have this community confused as anything less would be a great loss :)

As much as I have seen most of these topics repeated, I have to give a big THANKS to the mods here. You do a great job of merging duplicate threads and keeping things civil. I rarely see anyone answer with "use search" without also providing the proper search string or giving the answer as well. For a forum with this many members and this much traffic to not fall into chaos is quite an accomplishment.

Alan

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

As much as I have seen most of these topics repeated, I have to give a big THANKS to the mods here. You do a great job of merging duplicate threads and keeping things civil. I rarely see anyone answer with "use search" without also providing the proper search string or giving the answer as well. For a forum with this many members and this much traffic to not fall into chaos is quite an accomplishment.

Alan

Wow, someone's having a bad day.;)

Oh well.

Alan, thanks we don't like it when someone says "use the search." Reality of it is not that many people do use it and when they try they fail because they don't really know how to use the search.

One of the things people can do to help other people search is to remember to put a tag on your post. For example let's say you want to search for what to do after rooting, if people who posted all those threads put a tag like "after rooting," somebody might actually find it who searches.

And to the poster who's upset with the thread all I can say to you is that if you spent as much time in this forum as I do, you'd understand why this thread exist. I didn't make it to make people afraid to ask questions, I made it just to point out really many of the simple questions do have answers. And some more answers....:) It's also kind of a release valve. You know how they say if something is on your mind it's good to get it off your chest? Well, this is how I do it. Now I can take another 500 or so threads on that subject without throwing my computer against the wall. :D

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I've used the search function here to no avail. Its as useful as buying a pet rock!!! Use Hook's advice and please start tagging your threads so that the search function functions...

techguru

Reaction score
I've used the search function here to no avail. Its as useful as buying a pet rock!!! Use Hook's advice and please start tagging your threads so that the search function functions...

Although tagging helps, I have found that the larger and busier a forum is, the less useful the built in search becomes. The same words show up in so many unrelated posts that it becomes very hard to come up with just the right search terms to narrow down what you are looking for.

Alan

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google and type in "What I am looking for" and "Droid Forums" - it never fails

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you must have clicked on the wrong thread. with over 400 post surely you must realize that asking a question like that is high jacking the thread.

The answer is no. Unlimited means unlimited.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I think you must have clicked on the wrong thread. with over 400 post surely you must realize that asking a question like that is high jacking the thread.

Apparently you did not catch the "wink" on the bottom and put it together with the title of this thread. Another topic that is asked too much.

I would think someone with a million posts.... just kidding.

Wink. ;) <--- see how it works?

Last edited:
OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Apparently your did not catch the "wink" on the bottom and put it together with the title of this thread. Another topic that is asked too much.

I would think someone with a million posts.... just kidding.

Wink. ;)

I did see the wink, but I didn't interpret it with what you said. Matter of fact when I first looked at it I thought, "Oh some new guy."

Even if you wink was on the same line I probably wouldn't have got it.

The answer is still no by the way. ;) I can wink too.:)

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
For what it's worth, when I was a new guy, I did ask that question.

And pretty much most of the others in this thread. Then I discovered the search function.