A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

lockman

Reaction score
Anyone get a DX due to faulty D1?

I am so sick of these threads. Search and read, don't start another one. Took me all of 30 seconds to find this thread, copy that thread title, and type this. Stop cluttering the forum with redundant crap!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I see you have 651 posts. Have you ever started a thread about something that's been discussed before? Have you ever answered a question that's been answered before?

Are you suggesting that Droidforums should just become a database that can only be searched?

New people sign up all the time and they should be able to enjoy posting questions. Those of us that have been around awhile need to welcome them and answer their questions with patience.

Just imagine you got a new phone today and was all excited! Then you find this place and ask a question and then get yelled at... :(

Last edited:
OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's OK to get your frustrations out. This is the place to do it, rather then to say it to someone new.

I agree, far too many of the "entitlement" threads.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Mr. Kleen on this one, while this thread is all in good fun, never have I or should anyone else be short with someone who has a question - without our members old and new we would have no forum at all

GB D1

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. Sick of hearing about the iPhone all together really. What I hate most is when somebody threatens to leave android for iPhone as if its going to do anything.
"If my Droid x doesn't bake me a cake and sing happy birthday right now I'm buying an iPhone."

tappin and a talkin

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Exactly. Sick of hearing about the iPhone all together really. What I hate most is when somebody threatens to leave android for iPhone as if its going to do anything.
"If my Droid x doesn't bake me a cake and sing happy birthday right now I'm buying an iPhone."

tappin and a talkin

And I would like to know why so many Droid owners get so derisive and threatened by the iPhone. For those that are typically supposed to be technologically adept, I see a lot of narrow minded, sophomoric posts about Apple that are, quite honestly, not even necessary.

It's amazing on my Incredible Forum, and yes, we have many of the same members here, an iPhone thread not only goes more than 20 pages, it does it with absolutely NO flames and people on both sides learning something.

Before slamming others, some need to grow up.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't hate the iPhone. In fact I know it has its place for many users, and was very happy for a friend of mine that finally got hers yesterday. But you're right about the flaming thing. That's why I'm sick of hearing about it here. Every iPhone thread gets filled with essays of comments from the same ten users or so. This is an android forum and I'm sick of seeing so much darn iPhone news and fights and such.

tappin and a talkin

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't hate the iPhone.

That's why I'm sick of hearing about it here. Every iPhone thread gets filled with essays of comments from the same ten users or so. This is an android forum and I'm sick of seeing so much darn iPhone news and fights and such.

Couldn't agree more & in regards to the thread I linked to; stupid threads deserve stupid posts. Mine are the dumbest.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Couldn't agree more & in regards to the thread I linked to; stupid threads deserve stupid posts. Mine are the dumbest.

I don't recommend taking that line of thinking to heart. I don't like those types of responses, nor do many of the other mods, and they won't be tolerated. Don't like the threads, don't post in them. Post stupidity in threads, especially stupidity that will incite other members, and you will go away.

Consider this a warning.

nibblit

Reaction score
Interesting thread...psychological profiles of members are crystal clear. A good lot don't have a malicious bone in their body, whereas a couple of folks are down right "know-it-all/but really know nothing/ignorant/mean-spirited."

Hmm? Someone is interested in your opinion? We should all be so lucky.
As a hobby, my father spoke 22 languages fluently. He never once belittled anyone for seeking knowledge. So, this concept is foreign territory.

That is all.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to be clear, and I'm not trying to start anything, just wondering, you're saying you disagree with the topic/tone of the thread?

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed!!

Interesting thread...psychological profiles of members are crystal clear. A good lot don't have a malicious bone in their body, whereas a couple of folks are down right "know-it-all/but really know nothing/ignorant/mean-spirited."

Hmm? Someone is interested in your opinion? We should all be so lucky.
As a hobby, my father spoke 22 languages fluently. He never once belittled anyone for seeking knowledge. So, this concept is foreign territory.

That is all.

DroidForums Junkie!!