A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by hookbill, May 6, 2010.

1. chaz.ring

chaz.ring Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used the search function here to no avail. Its as useful as buying a pet rock!!! Use Hook's advice and please start tagging your threads so that the search function functions...

2. techguru

techguru Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Although tagging helps, I have found that the larger and busier a forum is, the less useful the built in search becomes. The same words show up in so many unrelated posts that it becomes very hard to come up with just the right search terms to narrow down what you are looking for.

Alan

3. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I use Google and type in "What I am looking for" and "Droid Forums" - it never fails

4. chaz.ring

chaz.ring Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then someone sticky that... seems simple enough... believe it or not that is not just common knowledge.

5. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone tell me if Verizon has a 5 GB data cap?

;)

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I think you must have clicked on the wrong thread. with over 400 post surely you must realize that asking a question like that is high jacking the thread.

The answer is no. Unlimited means unlimited.

7. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently you did not catch the "wink" on the bottom and put it together with the title of this thread. Another topic that is asked too much.

I would think someone with a million posts.... just kidding.

Wink. ;) <--- see how it works?

#163 Eddog4DROID, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I did see the wink, but I didn't interpret it with what you said. Matter of fact when I first looked at it I thought, "Oh some new guy."

Even if you wink was on the same line I probably wouldn't have got it.

The answer is still no by the way. ;) I can wink too.:)

9. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For what it's worth, when I was a new guy, I did ask that question.

And pretty much most of the others in this thread. Then I discovered the search function.

10. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    In case you didn't read my post on the previous page...I will say it again - this thread is light hearted - all in fun - there is not one old time member that would not bend over backwards to help another member out, I have seen members stay up until the early hours of the morning to guide someone in the right direction, heck I have done it myself - No one here has all of the answers, I learn something new every day, just this morning someone with only a couple of posts gave me a greater understanding of a technical issue concerning the Droid X (which I don't own) - So see it as you wish, but if you choose to have a negative opinion about one thing and base your entire outlook on the Forum on that - then it is your loss

11. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol. Hook u crack me up man. This thread is cracking me up.
    For future overly sensitive posts: this is just for fun!! Seriously have u never gotten tired of seeing something but u understand, u suck it up, and u proceed? This thread is like a rerun of south park. Even tho u have seen it, are tired of it, u watch it anyways because it's south park! Have fun and post something u are tired of seeing! We aren't telling u not to post questions!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. dcook12

dcook12 Member

Ratings:
    +0

TP . I apologize sincerely. After I wrote this I deleted it, must not have hit the 2nd delete key. I realize it was all in fun and do genuinely appreciate all of the work and time that everyone puts in to help others. If it wasn't for the answers I have gotten here, I would just be using my phone to text and call people, but you all have made me realize what it can do and I enjoy it everyday... Again I apologize to everyone!! I did go back through every post and got a kick out of the thread which is why I tried to delete it unsuccessfully. Sorry about that..And I don't have a negative opinion of this forum. I have sent out the link to everyone I know that owns a Droid. If I had just hit delete twice I wouldn't have ticked you off...sorry and I really am a positive person, so hope you accept the apology and I can go on participating and learning..