[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Thanks aiamuzz, I did follow what you just said but didn't work.
Anyway, for some strange reason, the phone miraculously stopped popping up the error code. Not sure what I did right.

Now I found this issue not to be able to get the phone to ask for my GSM SIM card's PIN code.
The SIM PIN mode is greyed out. It can see the network provider, but reception bar is crossed, because I have no way to enter my SIM's PIN to register onto the network.

Is there any work around for this other than disabling the SIM PIN?

2ugly4u

I would advise u disable SIM pin ... get ur GSM working ... then u can try re-enabling it later ...

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

aiamuzz

Reaction score
I would advise u disable SIM pin ... get ur GSM working ... then u can try re-enabling it later ...

Wondering what is the progress on Dersterly's & _lurker's HWA ROM's ...
:rolleyes:

TooUglyForU

Reaction score

Disabled the SIM PIN on another phone, the Pro picks up the signal. I tried re-enabling afterwards, and reboot. There's still no option to input the PIN.

Hopefully the next build doesn't have this issue. Or is there any setting that I can tweak?

Daniel.Stevens

Reaction score
Fix for GSM....

Heya.. ;0)

For all GSM-Users: Before flashing the rom open the zip with 7zip(.org) and extract the build.prop.
Edit the following line:

# Default network type.
# 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
ro.telephony.default_network=7 (Change the "7" to a "0" = gsm/wcdma preferred or to a "3" = gsm auto)
then simply delete (in 7zip) the original build.prop and copy your edited version into the zip, then flash it.

If you already flashed it you can simply edit the build.prop in your root explorer of choice after enabling airplane-mode to stop the com.phone.android from fc-ing every 4 seconds...

If you don´t want to do this (or if you want to change your network settings quickly) you can simply change the phone language temporary to english (us), you can now access the network setting without the com.android.phone fc-ing and simply edit whatever you like, save it and change the language back to your choice....

GSM-Users should also edit the line: ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1 to a "0" that gives you a real good boost in terms of your network-speed and (in some cases) gets rid of the "can´t send/receive sms"-problems

And last but not least attached are the fully working german layouts for the keyboard.. They go in: /system/usr/Keychars/ and /system/usr/keylayout (just override the old ones and reboot)

You´re welcome :biggrin:

@TooUglyForU : Try editing the build.prop-value: keyguard.no_require_sim=true and change that to false that SHOULD force the Sim-Pin... (No promises)

Last edited:

tpcaldwell

Reaction score
Just flashed CM9 and all that and absolutely love it! so glad I did it. It runs so much smoother and looks so much better than before. The only problem is with the physical keyboard. After it has been on for a while the physical keyboard stops working as a keyboard and starts just opening random programs when touched. Did i change a setting or something? Whenever i reboot it goes back to working normally for a while then back to messed up. Is this a known glitch or a setting or something new?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Just flashed CM9 and all that and absolutely love it! so glad I did it. It runs so much smoother and looks so much better than before. The only problem is with the physical keyboard. After it has been on for a while the physical keyboard stops working as a keyboard and starts just opening random programs when touched. Did i change a setting or something? Whenever i reboot it goes back to working normally for a while then back to messed up. Is this a known glitch or a setting or something new?

Just long press search softkey and ur keyboard will turn normal ... no need to reboot ... enjoy !!!

mortimermax

Reaction score
Could someone assist me with building the ICS/CM9 rom for this device? It is my first attempt at building an andriod rom. I have set up all the required utilities for building ICS in my linux system, downloaded the stock CM9 repo, pulled in the device info from JackpotClavin's git repo, and while i'm working my way through the compile process, i'm not positive i'm doing things properly.

The part i struggle with is that many of the guides are different, and none are for our device. I've done the envsetup.sh, but unsure if i should be doing "breakfast" "brunch" or "lunch" after that, then when I build, i'm guessing that I should be doing "make otapackage" to create a zip? My first build attempt failed referencing a dependency for Rom Manager. I am currently running through my second build attempt, which I hope is successful, but if anyone could help with exactly which steps I should do to be most successful that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mortimermax

Reaction score
I found this blog post explaining the options for CM builds, Breakfast, Brunch, and Lunch! « Cameron Pickett

I was missing schedtool as well, so hoping that will help.

Befoer schedtool and rerunning 'brunch venus2', my latest error was

Code:
In file included from device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:34:
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/CameraHardwareInterface.h:24:24: error: ui/Overlay.h: No such file or directory
In file included from device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:34:
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/CameraHardwareInterface.h:131: error: 'Overlay' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/CameraHardwareInterface.h:131: error: template argument 1 is invalid
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:89: error: 'Overlay' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:89: error: template argument 1 is invalid
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:93: error: 'OverlayFormats' does not name a type
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp: In function 'void android::CameraHAL_ProcessPreviewData(char*, size_t, android::legacy_camera_device*)':
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:227: error: 'struct android::legacy_camera_device' has no member named 'previewFormats'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:228: error: 'OVERLAY_FORMAT_YUV422I' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:229: error: 'Yuv422iToYuv420sp' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:231: error: 'OVERLAY_FORMAT_RGBA8888' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:232: error: 'rgba8888ToYuv420sp' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:234: error: 'OVERLAY_FORMAT_YUV420SP' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp: In function 'void android::CameraHAL_DataCb(int32_t, const android::sp<android::IMemory>&, void*)':
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:322: warning: NULL used in arithmetic
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp: In function 'int android::camera_set_preview_window(camera_device*, preview_stream_ops*)':
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:448: error: 'class android::CameraParameters' has no member named 'getPreviewFormats'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:450: error: 'struct android::legacy_camera_device' has no member named 'previewFormat'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:450: error: 'getOverlayFormatFromString' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:451: error: 'struct android::legacy_camera_device' has no member named 'previewFormat'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:451: error: 'getBppFromOverlayFormat' was not declared in this scope
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:465: error: expected type-specifier before 'Overlay'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:465: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'int'
device/moto/venus2/libcamera/cameraHal.cpp:465: error: expected ';' before 'Overlay'
make: *** [out/target/product/venus2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera.venus2_intermediates/cameraHal.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::dso'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'hw_module_t::reserved'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'gralloc_module_t::perform'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'gralloc_module_t::reserved_proc'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::pmem_master'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::pmem_master_base'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::info'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::finfo'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::xdpi'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::ydpi'
hardware/libhardware/modules/gralloc/gralloc.cpp:116: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::fps'
development/tools/emulator/system/gps/gps_qemu.c:47:1: warning: "D" redefined
In file included from hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/qemud.h:21,
                 from development/tools/emulator/system/gps/gps_qemu.c:37:
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/qemu_pipe.h:29:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
development/tools/emulator/system/gps/gps_qemu.c:903: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Last edited:
OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I build with the CM9-D2G source with my device folder https://github.com/CM9-D2G

You might be better off deleting the camera folder in my device's source and using the one in the omap34 common one as it's definitely newer

wykjacky

Reaction score
Daniel.Stevens said:
Heya.. ;0)

For all GSM-Users: Before flashing the rom open the zip with 7zip(.org) and extract the build.prop.
Edit the following line:

# Default network type.
# 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
ro.telephony.default_network=7 (Change the "7" to a "0" = gsm/wcdma preferred or to a "3" = gsm auto)
then simply delete (in 7zip) the original build.prop and copy your edited version into the zip, then flash it.

If you already flashed it you can simply edit the build.prop in your root explorer of choice after enabling airplane-mode to stop the com.phone.android from fc-ing every 4 seconds...

If you don´t want to do this (or if you want to change your network settings quickly) you can simply change the phone language temporary to english (us), you can now access the network setting without the com.android.phone fc-ing and simply edit whatever you like, save it and change the language back to your choice....

GSM-Users should also edit the line: ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1 to a "0" that gives you a real good boost in terms of your network-speed and (in some cases) gets rid of the "can´t send/receive sms"-problems

And last but not least attached are the fully working german layouts for the keyboard.. They go in: /system/usr/Keychars/ and /system/usr/keylayout (just override the old ones and reboot)

You´re welcome :biggrin:

@TooUglyForU : Try editing the build.prop-value: keyguard.no_require_sim=true and change that to false that SHOULD force the Sim-Pin... (No promises)

I am a GSM user and have an easier solution to this problem.
Just unplug the SIM. turn on the phone. Switch to GSM. Turn off the phone and reinsert the SIM.

frapeti

Reaction score
could someone give me the local_manifest.xml or something like that to sync and build the rom from sources?

mortimermax

Reaction score
The source is actually from the CM9-D2G project. It took me quite awhile to figure out how to do my first build. Here's how I compiled a working CM9 build for my DP

mkdir CM9-D2G
cd CM9-D2G
repo init -u git://github.com/CM9-D2G/aosp.git -b cm9
repo sync
./vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
. build/envsetup.shbrunch
venus2-userdebug

to get JC's mods, be sure to pull his repo files and place them over top of the ones from D2G. This isn't required, but I'm unsure of what differences there are between the venus2 files from d2g project and JC.

Last edited:

frapeti

Reaction score
Thanks you very much, I ill try this tonight. Ill try to improve something.

mortimermax

Reaction score
Thanks you very much, I ill try this tonight. Ill try to improve something.

FYI, while I got it to build properly with just D2G sources, and loaded it and it's working on my DP, if you mess up you will have to SBF as it doesn't have the boot menu from JC. I am still struggling figuring out how to use his device/vendor info. JC's builds flash a blue LED on boot, then you can press up/down vol and it goes to a recovery menu. D2G does not have this, instead you have to be fully booted then press reboot and select recovery.

If you try and can figure out how to build JC's stuff in please let me know. I got it to start compiling but it would bail out.