4.5" Screen? I don't think so

mike02vr6

Reaction score
OH yeah !! I see the hump. Is it me or does the bionic seem longer on both ends while docked than the atrix does?

bigdad63

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced there's a hump until we get better pictures.

You obviously didn't take the straight edge challenge with the closeup picture of the back of the phone. I'm not tryin' to say it's irrefutable....ok I lied, I am sayin' it's irrefutable.:)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced there's a hump until we get better pictures.

You obviously didn't take the straight edge challenge with the closeup picture of the back of the phone. I'm not tryin' to say it's irrefutable....ok I lied, I am sayin' it's irrefutable.:)

I'm saying that I looked at the bottom edge too and the bottom edge is straight and the level of thickness and the line where it angles to the front of the phone stays the same. You're basing your conclusion on the top edge alone. Like I said before, I think this hump talk is all about shading. Nothing in any of the other pictures shows a hump, even the angled ones because you would see if it had one by the shadows, but the shadows weren't angled at the point you suggested there was a hump.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Droid 3 and the Photon 4G are sporting the same camera....there's no hump in either of those phones.

Last edited:

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Who cares if there is a stinkin hump...Is that really going to be your deciding factor on this phone??? Hump...No Hump...Hump...No Hump...Hump...No Hump...Hump...No Hump...does it really matter?

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Understood...But if this phone has all the specs everyone is looking for, will this really be a deciding factor?

Last edited:

Droidrage729

Reaction score
4.3 is too big. If you want 4.5 just get a tablet and get it over with. Who would want to stick a laptop on the side of there face to make a call. ridiculous!

therock

Reaction score
Understood...But if this phone have all the specs everyone is looking for, will this really be a deciding factor?

+1 on the You-gly hump. I don't know what phone it is (yet) but it looks like they forgot something at the last minute.

If it came in PINK only it would be a deciding factor for me. :)

johnnieeve

Reaction score
Hey Redflea.

That's not a weiner joke is it?

Stick to the really really important stuff like 4.3 vs 4.5 screen size.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can assure you all without a doubt that the phone to the right is a 4" phone, assuming the phone on the left is a 3.7" Defy. I took the image from the original post and used photoshop to make some measurements.

I drew a diagonal line across each phone to get its dimension from the picture. I duplicated each line and copied it on the left side vertically so I could measure it on a scale. The Defy came out to 5.65625, which we know is 3.7". The Bionic came out to 6.21875. Via a little math, that makes the Bionic 4.0679" - might as well round it down to 4". There you have it folks, see the image below.

33931d1307727418-4-5-screen-i-dont-think-so-bionic.jpg

Last edited:

therock

Reaction score
I can assure you all without a doubt that the phone to the right is a 4" phone, assuming the phone on the left is a 3.7" Defy. I took the image from the original post and used photoshop to make some measurements.

I drew a diagonal line across each phone to get its dimension from the picture. I duplicated each line and copied it on the left side vertically so I could measure it on a scale. The Defy came out to 5.65625, which we know is 3.7". The Bionic came out to 6.21875. Via a little math, that makes the Bionic 4.0679" - might as well round it down to 4". There you have it folks, see the image below.

View attachment 33931

I understand that if you believe the phone on the right is a Bionic, I do not. Nor do I know what to think of the OSM Claim.

I believe nothing until the release. Eh?

BeerManMike

Reaction score

Funny, because on some other forums someone did the same thing as you and it came out that the "Bionic" was 4.5" by his/her measurements. Furthermore when compared to the Atrix in the laptop dock the "Bionic" is clearly larger than it, in both width and length.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Funny, because on some other forums someone did the same thing as you and it came out that the "Bionic" was 4.5" by his/her measurements. Furthermore when compared to the Atrix in the laptop dock the "Bionic" is clearly larger than it, in both width and length.

You are partially right. While the screen size of the Bionic (or whatever this phone is) is smaller, the overall body of this phone has larger dimensions than the Atrix thanks to the lip at the bottom. Further, we don't know if they're in the same laptop dock.

Also, feel free to check my measurements. Just take a ruler and measure the diagonal of each screen. You will see that it is definitely 4".

Last edited: