4.5" Screen? I don't think so

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Peeps trying to compare it to the atrix in the dock should just stop, those photos are takin from different distances, like taking a photo of something from 20' away and comparing it to a photo of something taken 10' away.

I estimated 4" originally as well, because I did it in paint and the angle, I said 4.3" max, and I think 4.3" is big myself, definitely doable, especially if there isn't hardly a bezel, but I think 4" is a much more reasonable size screen for normal sized people.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

People are comparing the size of the phone to place where's it's docked at, so it doesn't matter if they are at different distances.

Yeah, it's all about the size of the phone in relation to the dock, not just the phone by itself. The relationship between the two objects will remain at whatever distance the shot is taken at. So it's completely accurate to attempt to figure out the size of the Bionic versus the Atrix based upon that (assuming the docks are both the same size).

And screen size is all about preference. It really has nothing to do with "normal sized people" as opposed to smaller or larger sized people. I have a friend who is 5'7" and he loves his Droid X. It's just about preference, nothing more.

therock

Reaction score
I agree. Definitely not 4.5", probably more like 4.3". I don't know why Moto would make it smaller or larger than the version at CES if they didn't have to and the one at CES was 4.3".

Hey jroc an I live in the same area!

You never know. They said delays were for an "improved form factor" and "better user experience".

therock

Reaction score
People are comparing the size of the phone to place where's it's docked at, so it doesn't matter if they are at different distances.

People are comparing to a picture that is not confirmed to be true. Period.

I am always leary until the fat lady sings but when I seen the D1 type lip on the bottom that pretty much has me leaning towards a Hoax picture taken by Mr. Blurry Cam hoaxer.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

People are comparing to a picture that is not confirmed to be true. Period.

I am always leary until the fat lady sings but when I seen the D1 type lip on the bottom that pretty much has me leaning towards a Hoax picture taken by Mr. Blurry Cam hoaxer.

It's not a lip. Go look at the other pictures, it's just the way Motorola designed that bottom edge. But believe what you want.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I agree that 4 inches is the optimum screen size, but considering Motorola has yet to release a single 4 inch screen droid, I'm just having a hard time on why they would now choose to make it 4 inches. While I feel that 4.3" is too big, I bet most people would prefer that over a 4" screen size. We'll have to wait and see.

Optimum screen size is personally preference. I personally think 4.3" is just right, but like I said before, the original Bionic was 4.3 so why change the screen size.

I'm fully aware that screen size is personal preference, that's why I said "I agree that 4 inches is the optimum screen size". I was simply agreeing with someone else's opinion...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not going to argue with you over you supposed opinion but your word choice implies that you meant it for everyone.
Peeps trying to compare it to the atrix in the dock should just stop, those photos are takin from different distances, like taking a photo of something from 20' away and comparing it to a photo of something taken 10' away.

I estimated 4" originally as well, because I did it in paint and the angle, I said 4.3" max, and I think 4.3" is big myself, definitely doable, especially if there isn't hardly a bezel, but I think 4" is a much more reasonable size screen for normal sized people.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

What are you even talking about? The original post I referred to (above) in my original post was someone stating their opinion that 4" was their prefered screen size. I simply agreed. Whether you can or can not comprehend what was being said is your own problem.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at your word choice. "Optimum" isn't a word you use to describe personally preference. That word is used to describe the best design over feature, overall. So if you don't want people misinterpreting what you say, you might want to choose your words more carefully or explain better because I wasn't the only one who misinterpreted what you said.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm not going to argue with you over you supposed opinion but your word choice implies that you meant it for everyone.
Speaking of word choice though, you might want to check your grammar if your going to be so picky.

Regardless, I was referring to optimum as in my opinion. Something that may be optimum for one person may not be for the next. It's about opinion. I honestly don't think my post was as difficult to interpret as you are making it out to be and I honestly find it a little odd that you are continuing to escalate the situation to seem as if it was so difficult to understand that I wrote it in a different language.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of word choice though, you might want to check your grammar if your going to be so picky.

Regardless, I was referring to optimum as in my opinion. Something that may be optimum for one person may not be for the next. It's about opinion. I honestly don't think my post was as difficult to interpret as you are making it out to be and I honestly find it a little odd that you are continuing to escalate the situation to seem as if I wrote it in a different language.

Grammar and spelling are two different things, both of which are irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not escalating the situation. Your post was misinterpreted by more than one person and I'm trying to point it out to you but if you what to be ignorant of it, then by all means, go right ahead.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's not a lip. Go look at the other pictures, it's just the way Motorola designed that bottom edge. But believe what you want.

I agree, there is no lip on this phone.

Yep. No lip. The first blurry shots made it look like a D1 style lip, but the clear shots and the blurry profile shots show that it's not. It actually looks like it might go slightly up from the screen before slopping back down in a rounded fashion. Because of the poor lighting of the original blurry shots, that shape gave off the impression of a D1 lip.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Regardless, I was referring to optimum as in my opinion. Something that may be optimum for one person may not be for the next. It's about opinion. I honestly don't think my post was as difficult to interpret as you are making it out to be and I honestly find it a little odd that you are continuing to escalate the situation to seem as if I wrote it in a different language.

Grammar and spelling are two different things, both of which are irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not escalating the situation. Your post was misinterpreted by more one person and I'm trying to point it out to you but if you what to be ignorant of it, then by all means, go right ahead.

The only thing ignorant is your constant misspelling. Obviously at this point, because of your constant rambling regarding the situation, everyone understands the point of my original post. You've had multiple typing errors and your trying to talk down to me regarding MY word choice. It simply doesn't make sense.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take you do. You're trying to avoid the point. If everyone understands your original post, then why would I bring this up and tell you several times that I wasn't the only who misinterpreted it.