4.5" Screen? I don't think so

GBH2

Reaction score
I used "MeasureIt" a firefox addon for onscreen pixel measurement, the Pythagorean Theorem and a little algebra. It is clearly a 4.3" (diagonal) screen in the picture, if that is a 3.7" next to it.

I actually don't care either way 4.3" or 4.5" - I still want it!:)

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I used "MeasureIt" a firefox addon for onscreen pixel measurement, the Pythagorean Theorem and a little algebra. It is clearly a 4.3" (diagonal) screen in the picture, if that is a 3.7" next to it.

Good. IMO 4.3 is the best size.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Men always overestimate the length of our tools...it's in our DNA. ;-)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I don't know how with all the pixel counting, browser add-ons, and algebra the size of 4.3 even comes up???.... this isn't rocket science here...lol...:p .... in measure the images with a straight MM ruler, the image on the right has a screen diagonal of 101 mm and 103 mm (because the pic isn't from straight on it will have a slight distortion of the two diagonal measurements)... and the image on the right has a screen size of 114/117... so even if you went average wise the screen on the left is around 89% of the screen on the right.... so what size is 3.7 inches 89% of??? = 4.15 at best.... not exact science but more close to 4.1 than 4.3 .... :icon_eek:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It is 4.3" Just it was being compared to the Defy which is around the same size as my Storm 1 give or take. The DX makes my BBS1 look small just like the Bionic and the Defy.

Reaction score
Way to take the wind out of my sails. Whats next the Easter Bunny isnt real?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

GBH2

Reaction score
Well I don't know how with all the pixel counting, browser add-ons, and algebra the size of 4.3 even comes up???.... this isn't rocket science here...lol...:p .... in measure the images with a straight MM ruler, the image on the right has a screen diagonal of 101 mm and 103 mm (because the pic isn't from straight on it will have a slight distortion of the two diagonal measurements)... and the image on the right has a screen size of 114/117... so even if you went average wise the screen on the left is around 89% of the screen on the right.... so what size is 3.7 inches 89% of??? = 4.15 at best.... not exact science but more close to 4.1 than 4.3 .... :icon_eek:

Excellent points! I was actually trying to be slightly humorous with my post, although I did use all those for my calculations - I was actually too lazy to go get a ruler and my onscreen "tools" only take measurements along the x-y axis. I did come out with 4.3" from top left corner to bottom left corner and 4.1" from top right corner to bottom right corner.

Anything we do will be inexact because of the camera angle, the fact the cameras are skewed and the fact the bionic has a hump. What we know for sure is: the Bionic is bigger than 3.7" and I am almost positive it is not 4.5". You came out with ~4.15" and I came out with ~4.2" and I find it improbable that Moto added a "new" size to there lineup - that leaves us with 4" or 4.3". I haven't done the measurements yet but the pictures that show the Atrix and Bionic in the laptop dock where they look to be a similar size are at a different scale with the Bionic being noticeably larger. So Bionic > Atrix.

So Bionic = 4.3" (until I learn differently):icon_ banana:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? In all those pictures of the Bionic, I never saw a hump. The back seemed pretty flat to me.

droid-bionic2.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its safe to say those "targa" photos released months ago were dx2 pics no?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

therock

Reaction score
I'm still calling BS on the Bionic pics. I think those pics are a big hoax. I'm not biting.