2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Does anybody think Verizon will provide a fix, or should I just find a way to downgrade my phone?

I was supporting FroYo and defending it, but things are just getting worse. The lag on this phone is unacceptable, I had to do a battery pull because my touch screen was all messed up.

And don't even get me started on the battery. I didn't think the battery on the Incredible could get any worse.

My friend with the Droid 1 actually has the same complaints as me. He bought an extended battery for it and it's dead by the end of the day. Same here. I have the 1750 Seido. This is driving me crazy.

g3p

Reaction score
I downgraded. I simply didn't see the upside to 2.2. The speed hasn't really increased on anything, and I can only hope HTC does some fixes (most of the problems are actually their's)

inessi

Reaction score
i havent had any problems thu far with froyo only good things to speak of, well aside from not being able to play angry birds now that is.

but figure i might link this here as well since its the proper section and everything if you were rooted and downgraded to get 2.2 and still havent recieved the ota check this post and make sure things are well and you can even go ahead and manually update after youve read everything

OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! :D - xda-developers

alexdeluxe

Reaction score
I haven't had battery problems like a lot of people, it's just the interface is SLOW. 2.1 ran so smooth whereas 2.2 lags and has a lot of weird errors.

pinokio

Reaction score
The correct question is how can we downgrade if we never rooted our phones never used leaked OTA and our s is ON???

pcolevr

Reaction score
I am having similar issues as well. Battery life was so bad I went out and bought the big extended battery - still sucks.

1 15 minute call, I Heart Radio running at low volume with headphones for 1.5 hours now, I place the screen off when not checking e-mail, and I am at 60% after 3.5 hours. This with the 2150 mAh battery.

The Systems page says usage is 35% for Android System, 22% for Cell Standby, 16% for Phone Idle, with the remaining 27% split across Display, Voice Calls, Mediaserver and Dialer

I removed Advanced Task Killer and JuiceDefender last night to let FroYo do its' thing with battery management that some of the guru's say it should do on its' own, and I am not impressed.

This battery issue is ridiculous and makes the phone unacceptable for travel use if you don't have access to power. I am leaning towards putting JuiceDefender back on since battery life seemed to be better yesterday - but this runs counter to what Google and the guru's say.

What gives?

Also, anyone else noticed a wonky lag or hesitation with the browser after FroYo?
Allow me to add my 2 cents here. I own a Moto Droid that was an almost perfect phone before Froyo. I now get about 1.5 hours battery life on a good day. Verizon has replaced the battery, the charger and now ultimately the whole phone with NO IMPROVEMENT. I called Verizon and they instructed me to go to the store, which I did. I explained my problem, went through all the "fixes" that didn't fix, including the hours and hours I have spent researching this problem on this and other threads. I was told (in no uncertain terms) by the Verizon representative at the store, was that it is a problem with Google - that the first edition Droids are not fully set up to "handle" Froyo and that a large percentage of owners are experiencing the battery life problem. Like you, I asked what the (*&#E I was supposed to do as I rely on this phone for my livelihood and the rep suggested I call again and demand I be given a Droid 2. I really don't see that happening, so in the meantime I have a completely useless device unless you count the hour it will operate off a charger. Today it was completely charged and discharged 6 times during the course of the day, and that was with very minimal use. I have installed solutions and uninstalled what people suggested as problems and nothing has changed. Anyone have any comments on this?

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
No Lock ?

Are you using no lock ? When I installed it my trackball seemed to get more sensitive.

BLK

Reaction score
Im experiencing the battery life being way shorter too. Yesterday I barely used my phone and it was down to about 15% when I went to bed(I had it unplugged for like 8 hours or so yesterday). This morning I unplugged it and went online for about 15 minutes and its already down 10%, its never been that bad.

I did all the things in threads here to extend the battery life by changing some settings. Im useing no task killers.

Also while in the browser the screen appears to be very unresponsive. But thats the only place I notice it.

g3p

Reaction score
I am having similar issues as well. Battery life was so bad I went out and bought the big extended battery - still sucks.

1 15 minute call, I Heart Radio running at low volume with headphones for 1.5 hours now, I place the screen off when not checking e-mail, and I am at 60% after 3.5 hours. This with the 2150 mAh battery.

The Systems page says usage is 35% for Android System, 22% for Cell Standby, 16% for Phone Idle, with the remaining 27% split across Display, Voice Calls, Mediaserver and Dialer

I removed Advanced Task Killer and JuiceDefender last night to let FroYo do its' thing with battery management that some of the guru's say it should do on its' own, and I am not impressed.

This battery issue is ridiculous and makes the phone unacceptable for travel use if you don't have access to power. I am leaning towards putting JuiceDefender back on since battery life seemed to be better yesterday - but this runs counter to what Google and the guru's say.

What gives?

Also, anyone else noticed a wonky lag or hesitation with the browser after FroYo?
Allow me to add my 2 cents here. I own a Moto Droid that was an almost perfect phone before Froyo. I now get about 1.5 hours battery life on a good day. Verizon has replaced the battery, the charger and now ultimately the whole phone with NO IMPROVEMENT. I called Verizon and they instructed me to go to the store, which I did. I explained my problem, went through all the "fixes" that didn't fix, including the hours and hours I have spent researching this problem on this and other threads. I was told (in no uncertain terms) by the Verizon representative at the store, was that it is a problem with Google - that the first edition Droids are not fully set up to "handle" Froyo and that a large percentage of owners are experiencing the battery life problem. Like you, I asked what the (*&#E I was supposed to do as I rely on this phone for my livelihood and the rep suggested I call again and demand I be given a Droid 2. I really don't see that happening, so in the meantime I have a completely useless device unless you count the hour it will operate off a charger. Today it was completely charged and discharged 6 times during the course of the day, and that was with very minimal use. I have installed solutions and uninstalled what people suggested as problems and nothing has changed. Anyone have any comments on this?

Yeah. Get the best phone you can out of Verizon and wait for HTC to fix 2.2 (this is really their problem).

I work for a large comm company (sorry, can't say who) that is directly involved in this, and it ain't Verizon's problem. Stay with 2.1 until this crap gets resolved.

keonigt

Reaction score
is everyone supposed to have the froyo update already?

cause i still dont have mine yet

kmo

Reaction score
hands free bluetooth dialing?

I thought the froyo 2.2 supported hands free bluetooth dialing? So far not able to get it to work with my DINC. I have a Blueant V1 headset and the speed dials I set up work fine, still not able to access my people/contacts to dial out via bluetooth. The techs at VZW say that froyo 2.2 does not support bluetooth dialing that it's just as before the update, NO BLUETOOTH DIALING SUPPORTED. No big surprise to me that VZW has no clue about this. Usually when I call I know more than most of the techs I'm talking to. Does anyone have this feature working yet? Please help me out here, this is ridiculous. Every where I look on the web re: "new froyo features" it says bluetooth dialing supported, what am I missing. Thanks for any insight on this one... :icon_evil: