So is it worth getting or should I wait?

Steve182

Reaction score
Found a good deal on an Incredible and am really thinking about picking it up. My biggest issue I guess is all the problems I have been reading about on here about the 2.2 Froyo update and all the problems it has been causing for everyone.

So my question is... is it worth getting the Droid Incredible? I dont wanna get stuck with a phone thats automatically going to give me problems.

Thanks in advance :)

kenbiz

Reaction score
I have not had any problems with my phone. Before or after the update. A great phone. Best I've had so far.

tktouch12

Reaction score
the incredible is a great phone. i love it and have had no update problems. (the droid1 had update problems, i dont think the incredible did)

it will probably be outdated by the end of the year, but its still a great phone, and wont be crushed by the new phones for a while

OP
S

Steve182

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys.

Just seems like I keep reading about issues about updating to 2.2 etc... I understand every phone will have some problems, I just dont want to to buy something thats going to give me a buncha issues.

mauiblue

Reaction score
Since I've heard more good things about the Incredible than negative, I decided to buy one a couple months ago. All in all, the Incredible is just that - INCREDIBLE! Performance and looks is great and battery performance is okay but I remedied that issue with a couple 2150 batteries, the OEM battery, and a Seidio wall charger. No more "bump charging" which I find ridiculous. I am up for an phone upgrade in about 8 months so in the meantime I'll get my monies worth out of the Incredible and get more knowledgeable about smartphones and apps.

fritomist

Reaction score
this phone its truly incredible. I went from a Palm Treo 755p to a Motorola Droid, then I turned that in before30 days and got the Incredible. I have had no problems with it, to the contrary, its great sI am never without it. Except that it sucks batteries like lemonade. I must carry a spare battery with me if I'm not going to be near a charger.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I don't have an Dinc, but a very good friend has one and it blazes compaired to my D1. We both manually downloaded Froyo and Flash and we both opened web sites at the same time and his always left my D1 in the dust. The only problem he has is battery life.
If I could upgrade it would be the Dinc, although the huge screen on the DX is very tempting.

Pain or damage or even beatings don't end the world. The world end when you're dead. Until then you have more punishment store. Stand out like a man and give some back. Oh yeah I still use Tapatalk.

montereybob

Reaction score
I got my Incredible 2 days ago. It came out of the box with 2.2. I love this phone. No problems yet. It even works as a wifi hotspot!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
It's definitely a great phone. When it comes to waiting, though, that's really up to you. There's always a newer and better phone going to come out after, so it just depends on your patience. I however love my incredible and wouldn't trade it for anything

sh6ne

Reaction score
best phoned ive ever owned... hands down... size... form factor... speed. features... just returned a droid x for it... which was the worst phone ive ever owned.

mauiblue

Reaction score
New phones are coming out sooner than later. Especially since the holidays are right around the corner. I'm sure as soon as someone gets the lastest and greatest something else comes out ready to take its place. Get what you want now and be glad with it for now. I don't know, I just might stick with my Incredible for more than another year as it is so much fun and fits what I need/want at the moment in a smartphone.

montereybob

Reaction score
After I posted, I have received email notifications of all new posts to this thread. Is that the default?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
After I posted, I have received email notifications of all new posts to this thread. Is that the default?

Yes, I believe it is. You'll have to change that in you Control Panel.

The Incredible got a good recommendation in the Sept 2010 issue of Consumers Reports.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can turn this off by going to "user cp" and then on the left hand side "edit options" and then "messaging and notifications"