2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the froyo 2.2 supported hands free bluetooth dialing? So far not able to get it to work with my DINC. I have a Blueant V1 headset and the speed dials I set up work fine, still not able to access my people/contacts to dial out via bluetooth. The techs at VZW say that froyo 2.2 does not support bluetooth dialing that it's just as before the update, NO BLUETOOTH DIALING SUPPORTED. No big surprise to me that VZW has no clue about this. Usually when I call I know more than most of the techs I'm talking to. Does anyone have this feature working yet? Please help me out here, this is ridiculous. Every where I look on the web re: "new froyo features" it says bluetooth dialing supported, what am I missing. Thanks for any insight on this one... :icon_evil:

It works just fine on the d1 and d2. The Incredible? I don't know for sure but I don't see why not.

I think the problem is how you are using your Blue Ant headset.

I had the blue ant q1. In order to use it with blue tooth I pressed the button and the voice would say, "Say a command." I then had to say "contacts" and THEN it would say going to phones main contact list. Then the phone would ask me to make a choice.

I dumped my blue ant Q1 for a cheapo Plantronics and it works much better with less hassle then the BlueAnt did. From what I read V1 is not that great of a model anyway.

Just something to consider, if you can get it to work then fine.

kmo

Reaction score
OK figured it out, after reviewing the Blueant owners manual I went to "phone commands" this triggers the voice dial function on the DINC itself. My preset speed dial numbers I set up still work too. Just an FYI for anyone interested, this Blueant V1 is a very nice headset IMHO. Sound, functionality, user friendliness, price ($37.00 to my door) this all equates to a very nice bluetooth headset device that won't have to break the bank... :) Link to reviews>>>BlueAnt V1 Review | ZDNet

Last edited:

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
texting on 2.2

any one els notice the word suggestions get in the way of the send button and if u have a text open and lock your screen and receive another text your phone doesn't vibrate or make a sound that you have set

tiffanyarmani

Reaction score
Haven't noticed the word selection problem but I have missed several texts because I locked the screen with the app open.

Along with this it seems my phone can't keep up with me when I text anymore with 2.2. It stops accepting input until it catches up and then the haptic feedback has a hay day.

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
Haven't noticed the word selection problem but I have missed several texts because I locked the screen with the app open.

Along with this it seems my phone can't keep up with me when I text anymore with 2.2. It stops accepting input until it catches up and then the haptic feedback has a hay day.

yea i just noticed that it can keep up with me i thought 2.2 was sposed to fix the sticking of the keys and i noticed the drop down bar is alot harder to make drop down

tiffanyarmani

Reaction score
My keys aren't sticking. The phone is just running extremely slow due to bloatware. This is turning into Microsoft.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged Lets try to discuss the Froyo issues on one thread. Not every issue is a new thread.

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
My keys aren't sticking. The phone is just running extremely slow due to bloatware. This is turning into Microsoft.

i just missed 3 text already i hat closing the app i dont think its much of the phones fault but more Verizon they take for ever to approve the update i think we should get updates with out there approval its are phone not theres they took so long to approve 2.2 if we didnt have to wait for an approved update i think all the issues we are having would be fixed in no time

Last edited:

tiffanyarmani

Reaction score
My main hang up is with forcing apps that are uninstallable. I do not believe that Flickr, Peep, Facebook for HTC Sense, Friend Stream, Skype mobile, City ID, Stocks, Visual Voicemail, My Verizon Mobile, Verizon Navigator, etc running in the background does not affect my phones performance.

Especially since my phone can't even keep up with the menial task of texting anymore.

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
My main hang up is with forcing apps that are uninstallable. I do not believe that Flickr, Peep, Facebook for HTC Sense, Friend Stream, Skype mobile, City ID, Stocks, Visual Voicemail, My Verizon Mobile, Verizon Navigator, etc running in the background does not affect my phones performance.

Especially since my phone can't even keep up with the menial task of texting anymore.

yea thats making me mad i hate when i connect my phone to a computer to charge and my Verizon homepage pops up and yea thats a main reason to root my phone to get rid of some stuff like that

tiffanyarmani

Reaction score
Let me know if you find an easy way to do it for someone with no knowledge of it.

g3p

Reaction score
2.2 does support bluetooth dialing, if you mean the ability to say "Call Bob mobile" and have it call him. Even when the POS was on my phone and hosed my internal speaker, this feature worked fine. Really enjoyed that. Probably the only thing I would upgrade for if 2.2 offered nothing else.

kmo

Reaction score
Not sure how many actual users are having some of the issues you guys are talking about lag, texting, apps you don't want (not much you can do about that one unfortunately, unless you want to root) but I have only noticed that with the new froyo my phone is noticeably quicker in all aspects of operation. Wifi is very quick and switching apps is smooth. I have no problems at all with my texting either. So far so good for me. I guess nothing is perfect but this update definitely makes my phone even better. :i-m_so_happy: