2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Gf has mentioned she is experiencing slow down when it comes to the browser as well so I don't think your alone...I don't think she's DL flash yet from the market place so I can't say for sure of that's the cause, but I would remove any task killers and antivirus apps and do a fresh reboot and see if that helps

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Gf has mentioned she is experiencing slow down when it comes to the browser as well so I don't think your alone...I don't think she's DL flash yet from the market place so I can't say for sure of that's the cause, but I would remove any task killers and antivirus apps and do a fresh reboot and see if that helps

Could Froyo App Killer be an issue? It's not really an app killer as much as something that brings you to your apps to force close them manually...

Besides that, no app killers, no antivirus.

Megalodon

Reaction score
Froyo My Data Usage question

Ok, so I received my Froyo OTA two days ago and just took a peak at Verizon's Data usage app. I must say, this is a usefull application for once by Verizon unlike all their other garbage I actually just removed. Prior to this I uses 'stats'. Now, in this app it tells you minutes usage, data usage, text messages, etc. However, For my data it gives me 128139.80KB/UNLIMITED not like the 5Gb/$30 month. Does anyone else have this unlimited, or do you have 5GB? I'd like to know, incase I'm being billed for a much larger data plan in some kind of package as I was under the impression I had a 5GB. Of that, I've come near 3.5GB once or twice. Thanks, let me know what everyone thinks.

Last edited:

tech94

Reaction score
yeah, that was the first thing i noticed. the scrolling on the browser seemed to be really laggy. i almost felt as if the screen was less responsive but i wasnt able to reproduce the same resultson other apps or screens.

alexdeluxe

Reaction score
If you are paying $30 a month for data, I would assume it is the unlimited. It is what I have and shows up as unlimited.

davea

Reaction score
The $30/mo. unlimited is required for the contract and is the only plan available with the DInc.

Taegost

Reaction score
Read the fine print on the data plan. It's unlimited, but they consider more then 5G/month to be in violation off the EULA and they reserve the right to terminate services.
I have yet to hear of that happening, however. I think it's just there so If they find someone doing something illegal, they don't have to fight about it in court.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read the fine print on the data plan. It's unlimited, but they consider more then 5G/month to be in violation off the EULA and they reserve the right to terminate services.
I have yet to hear of that happening, however. I think it's just there so If they find someone doing something illegal, they don't have to fight about it in court.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

"Sigh"….unlimited means unlimited. Been discussed to death and not one person has ever shown me this so called limit.

Maybe when you get home on a real computer instead of using tapatalk you can point this out.

OP, just don't worry about the data.

Orange14

Reaction score
I received the update on Wednesday here in the DC Metro area. Two things I've noticed: battery life is shorter by about 20% and it takes much longer to recharge. The battery does not get as hot during the recharging cycle as it did before the update. I'm still on the standard battery that was shipped with the phone and do not run lots of applications during the work day, mainly e-mail and checking my investment portfolio.

I wonder if the update has a new power management feature and that perhaps with several rechargings things will settle down.

Reaction score
I tried to do the manual update but it didnt work...put in on my SD card n everything..but i didnt get anything, will me having tht file on my SD card make them think im up to date and bypass me as well?? I just deleted the file last night but it was on there for a few days...

Megalodon

Reaction score
OP, just don't worry about the data.

Thanks, for the replies. I was never worried about going over, just never knew the plan was unlimited. More of curiosity to see if there was a greater data plan floating around. Even the rep that sold me the phone said 5. It would make sense for them to tell people that though. Thanks again.

windstrings

Reaction score
One suggestion I was given was to let the battery run down until the phone turns off. Then recharge. This gives Froyo a chance to learn about the battery it's using.

It worked on my Droid 1 and it may work on the Incredible.

I"ve noticed the new firmware gets confused too.... I think this is a good suggestion.

I"ve had my voltage reading below where it could normally run before without shutting off and it still runs... I just think the readings could be skewed.

Let it run all the way down "till its dead and turns off", then charge all the way back up and try it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
One suggestion I was given was to let the battery run down until the phone turns off. Then recharge. This gives Froyo a chance to learn about the battery it's using.

It worked on my Droid 1 and it may work on the Incredible.

For this to work you have to wipe the battery settings(something along those lines...) in clockwork. Under advanced .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

windstrings

Reaction score
Why did they dumb down the contact manager?

With the Froyo 2.2 update, now my contact manager "people" on my HTC incredible will not allow custom names for my phone numbers?

I have companies that have many phone numbers with different titles, names, etc..... just "work, home, other, etc" won't cut it at all.

I need to be able to label my phone numbers under a given contact name anything I want......

Does anyone know a workaround or do I have to now seek out a third party app to do the job?