So is it worth getting or should I wait?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Found a good deal on an Incredible and am really thinking about picking it up. My biggest issue I guess is all the problems I have been reading about on here about the 2.2 Froyo update and all the problems it has been causing for everyone.

So my question is... is it worth getting the Droid Incredible? I dont wanna get stuck with a phone thats automatically going to give me problems.

Thanks in advance :)
No issues here, my Incredible is just that, INCREDIBLE.dancedroid

kenbiz

Reaction score
Only problem I've been. Having is an overheating issue.. other than that love the phone the x is just way too big. Thought phones were getting smaller as time went on that phone is freak show big...lol
Found a good deal on an Incredible and am really thinking about picking it up. My biggest issue I guess is all the problems I have been reading about on here about the 2.2 Froyo update and all the problems it has been causing for everyone.

So my question is... is it worth getting the Droid Incredible? I dont wanna get stuck with a phone thats automatically going to give me problems.

Thanks in advance :)

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Well..... I like mine but if your planning on EVER using the NAVIGATION on it for more than 2 HOURS at a time.....FORGET IT... I used navigation for about 2 hours and 15 minutes straight and the phone shut off from over heating...it was also plugged into the cigarette lighter at the time. I let it cool down and turned it back on....it no longer had any 3G or wifi....fast-forward, and my buddy happened to do the exact same thing with his....coinsidence....I think not!!! Also I recently purchased a 3500mah battery for it because the battery life stock is just ridiculous. I'm just riding time untill the LTE's come out.:)

The DINC stock.......... Is like getting that new shinny sports car of your dreams and being limitted to only driving it around the block once a week.

Last edited:

Frankie

Reaction score
I used navigation for about 2 hours and 15 minutes straight and the phone shut off from over heating...it was also plugged into the cigarette lighter at the time. I let it cool down and turned it back on....it no longer had any 3G or wifi.

That's weird. I've used mine for GPS nav & music together on 4+ hour drives without any problem.

To Steve, the Incredible is a good phone, but 6 months is a long time in smartphone land. There are newer models with better features. For example, the Hummingbird CPU in Samsung Galaxy is both more powerful AND more energy efficient than Incredible's Snapdragon.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I used navigation for about 2 hours and 15 minutes straight and the phone shut off from over heating...it was also plugged into the cigarette lighter at the time. I let it cool down and turned it back on....it no longer had any 3G or wifi.

That's weird. I've used mine for GPS nav & music together on 4+ hour drives without any problem.

To Steve, the Incredible is a good phone, but 6 months is a long time in smartphone land. There are newer models with better features. For example, the Hummingbird CPU in Samsung Galaxy is both more powerful AND more energy efficient than Incredible's Snapdragon.

Wow....you must have the DINC super phone.... google will show that this is a huge problem...not just me.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Wow....you must have the DINC super phone.... google will show that this is a huge problem...not just me.

This makes two successive threads where you have shown an attitude towards other users. This is the last warning. Knock it off.

dbu

Reaction score

Maybe you have a bad device. I used the navigation on mine on a 7 hour trip to south Texas and no over heating, and it stayed charged at 100% the whole time.

Last edited by a moderator: