1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by GeneralAmerica, Sep 2, 2010.

1. GeneralAmerica

GeneralAmerica New Member

2.2 trackpad sensitivity problem

Ever since I updated to 2.2 my trackpad has been crazy sensitive I used to swipe my finger and it would go down one like now it goes like a whole page anyway to change that?
  2. fotc

fotc New Member

'spare parts' is an app that has a setting for the transition speed between windows and screens. you could try that
  3. GeneralAmerica

GeneralAmerica New Member

No luck any other apps like that?
  4. IncredibleUser

IncredibleUser New Member

FroYo is sucking my battery

I used to be able to go from 6am to about 5pm on my 1750 extended battery. But, since FroYo I need to replace the battery about 1pm.

What the heck happened?
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I would be giving this advice even if you were still getting 11 hours on the 1750 battery: search for and read every battery thread you can find without regard to which phone it was aimed at. There have been many, many good tips/suggestions in the past 3-4 months and you need to find some of them. I've read almost all of them, but I've never had battery life that horrible so I don't remember much about them. Good luck.
  6. tw15egan

tw15egan New Member

try JuiceDefender, don't use ATK
  7. alexdeluxe

alexdeluxe New Member

This. I'm running stock battery and I can last all day with light to medium use.
  8. alexdeluxe

alexdeluxe New Member

Oh and I recall my sync settings for Facebook and some other things being changed when I upgraded.
  9. davea

davea New Member

2.2 OTA Question...

I am kind of new to the droid thing so be patient.
    I did the 2.2 OTA thing using the update.zip file. Am I done now, will Verizon try to push the "real" update to me or not?
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

The update you installed is the real update, so the OTA should recognize your device as being up to date and bypass you
  11. davea

davea New Member

Thank you.
  12. GimpyPilot

GimpyPilot New Member

I am having similar issues as well. Battery life was so bad I went out and bought the big extended battery - still sucks.

1 15 minute call, I Heart Radio running at low volume with headphones for 1.5 hours now, I place the screen off when not checking e-mail, and I am at 60% after 3.5 hours. This with the 2150 mAh battery.

The Systems page says usage is 35% for Android System, 22% for Cell Standby, 16% for Phone Idle, with the remaining 27% split across Display, Voice Calls, Mediaserver and Dialer

I removed Advanced Task Killer and JuiceDefender last night to let FroYo do its' thing with battery management that some of the guru's say it should do on its' own, and I am not impressed.

This battery issue is ridiculous and makes the phone unacceptable for travel use if you don't have access to power. I am leaning towards putting JuiceDefender back on since battery life seemed to be better yesterday - but this runs counter to what Google and the guru's say.

What gives?

Also, anyone else noticed a wonky lag or hesitation with the browser after FroYo?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

One suggestion I was given was to let the battery run down until the phone turns off. Then recharge. This gives Froyo a chance to learn about the battery it's using.

It worked on my Droid 1 and it may work on the Incredible.
  14. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

SEVERE Internet Lag With Froyo?

Anyone else noticing this? It think it may be with websites that have flash or a lot of advertisements, but websites with a lot of media (webcomics, flash vids, or fancy web layouts) have horrible lag on my phone now. Zooming in is a little sketchy, and moving the page around with my finger is choppy.

Anyone else noticing this issue? Any advice/tips?
  15. The_Profeshenal

The_Profeshenal New Member

I have noticed that. I've also noticed that its harder to get my phone to switch between lanscape and regular view. It likes to stick on the landscape view.
  16. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Gf has mentioned she is experiencing slow down when it comes to the browser as well so I don't think your alone...I don't think she's DL flash yet from the market place so I can't say for sure of that's the cause, but I would remove any task killers and antivirus apps and do a fresh reboot and see if that helps
  17. droider4life

droider4life New Member

Subscribed.
  18. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

Could Froyo App Killer be an issue? It's not really an app killer as much as something that brings you to your apps to force close them manually...

Besides that, no app killers, no antivirus.
  19. Megalodon

Megalodon New Member

Froyo My Data Usage question

Ok, so I received my Froyo OTA two days ago and just took a peak at Verizon's Data usage app. I must say, this is a usefull application for once by Verizon unlike all their other garbage I actually just removed. Prior to this I uses 'stats'. Now, in this app it tells you minutes usage, data usage, text messages, etc. However, For my data it gives me 128139.80KB/UNLIMITED not like the 5Gb/$30 month. Does anyone else have this unlimited, or do you have 5GB? I'd like to know, incase I'm being billed for a much larger data plan in some kind of package as I was under the impression I had a 5GB. Of that, I've come near 3.5GB once or twice. Thanks, let me know what everyone thinks.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  20. tech94

tech94 New Member

yeah, that was the first thing i noticed. the scrolling on the browser seemed to be really laggy. i almost felt as if the screen was less responsive but i wasnt able to reproduce the same resultson other apps or screens.
Search tags for this page

antivirus for froyo 2.2