1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Having problems updating a new stock Incredible to 2.2

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Rettocs, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

Hello,

I just got an Incredible and when I check "System Updates", it shows that I have 2.2 available. So I click download, and the progress bar quickly fills up, but it says "Android Update Requires a Restart". The only problem is that I have manually restarted it multiple times and this sequence is all it does. It never asks me to restart for itself. So, I went and searched how to manually put on 2.2, but after step 7 of this following procedure, it says it couldn't find the files and other errors.

Manually Update Your Droid Incredible to Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Android Phone Fans

I have file in the root of the sdcard, and came from the original droid, then the fascinate, so I understand how the update procedure is supposed to work.

My question, obviously, is why is my Incredible immune to 2.2 updates?

Any advice at all would be a great help!
  2. CursedArmand

CursedArmand New Member

Is it a new or used Inc? If it is used you may need to check if it was previously rooted. I bought mine used, followed the Un-Rooting instructions found in the Inc forums, then did a factory restore.

I'd expect after a restore there should be no problems

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  3. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

Well, it was "new" as in refurbished, but in packaging and all of that jazz. No signs of rooting, such as superuser permissions, etc.