2.2 Froyo Issues and Questions? Come in Here.

Orange14

Reaction score
One suggestion I was given was to let the battery run down until the phone turns off. Then recharge. This gives Froyo a chance to learn about the battery it's using.

It worked on my Droid 1 and it may work on the Incredible.

For this to work you have to wipe the battery settings(something along those lines...) in clockwork. Under advanced .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Can you clarify how this is done? The DI manual does not give any clue and when you go to the battery information panel in the 'about phone' tab it only provides the information on the battery. There is no 'advanced' tab to touch on.

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
Well there is a way to add the different titles for each phone number. Its the custom option

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've discovered that using dolphin browser hd helps the lag, but its still not completely perfect

Reaction score
Froyo Help!!??

I tried to manually update my DINC to froyo but it didnt work..i just got around to deleting the file last night, would me having that file on my sd card prevent me from getting the update? Would it make it seem as if i have already updated to 2.2? I also read that the update is supposed to be done in the next few days..
Thanks guys,
Monsta

Axel

Reaction score
There is no way that your phone wouldn't get the update because you had a certain file on your SD card. Your system knows what version it is, if the system wasn't updated, having update.zip isn't going trick anything into thinking it has. Of couorse, if you have it rooted, or changed the radio version, or anything like that, it may have prevented you from getting the Over The Air update, but I don't know all of the factors for your specific phone.

But specifically, no, I seriously doubt having update.zip on your SD card would have made your phone ignore the official update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This area is to be used to discuss issues and problems you encounter with the 2.2 update.

Reaction score
I was rooted for awhile and had froyo at one point..but have since downgraded and am back to 2.1....does that change anything??

Last edited:

theguy386

Reaction score
anyone else experiencing real bad lag issues while using handcent? or for that matter the stock messaging app

windstrings

Reaction score
Well there is a way to add the different titles for each phone number. Its the custom option

yes, the custom is what I used to use.. but now after 2.2 I have no custom option or button....

In fact when I go to edit and view my existing contacts, it now simply says "unknown" in place of the name.
But when I go out of edit, the name is still there and has not been erased.

In other words, nothing in my actual files have been corrupted "yet".. it just that I can't edit or add new entries to existing contacts, or add new contacts with custom names.

Do you have an incredible and still have your custom option after the 2.2 update?

Last edited:

pinokio

Reaction score
my thoughts on froyo roll out

Wow.This is worst update roll out in android history.

I jumped on Verizon from tmobile just to get updates for phone.(used to have mytouch but officially its stuck on 1.6) I am not new for android game know how to root etc

1.Blame Game. After calling verizon number of times they keep telling me they did not tested 2.2 All they do just blaming HTC. HTC gave them update and they just pushed to our phones. We all know verizon modified update and put bunch of junk inside.

2.Hope. I did not root my dinc.I was waiting for official ota like most of regular users.At the end i got broken not finished not polished crap(hopefully unrevoke team provide us with solution of rooting 2.2

3.Task killer.My battery life dramatically increased after i stop using any task killer software on 2.1 and bump charge method. Something wrong with charging process.
Not sure it s software or hardware but bump charge help me alot.(for people who do not not bump charge method. Charge your phone until red light turns green.Turn off the phone and charge it again.I think it add like 15-20% on battery)

After reseting phone number of times i decided stop using this broken HTC sense for now.
Running my 2.2 with ADW

Got low on space error when browsing dolphin. Orientation on Sense def broken.Gtalk stop working at some point.

I really regretting moment when i press install update button.Next time i will wait for sure.

Reaction score
Opening a video in gmail Froyo I just tried to open a video that was sent to me and one I sent to myself as a test and now in froyo I cannot open a gmail video attachment.

Error message

"sorry the attachement couldnt be downloaded"

anyway have an ideas how to fix this? I also tried blackmon which always worked b4 froyo

please help!

thanks

pinokio

Reaction score
windstrings Yes i can edit names.Are you running htc sense?

pinokio

Reaction score
Yep same video problem.Wow its just crazy how many thing not working at this moment.

pinokio

Reaction score
More i playing with video sending more things not working.

So i just try to send two files.One file 720p and gmail saying its to large another with lower res same thing.