2.1 leaked for Eris

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to admit.. This is clever on HTC's part... Leak the ROM, get the public to test it, look for any bugs, and provide feedback. Then when the "official" rom gets released it's 100% bug free and HTC gets praised for having a problem free release...

It's my experience that companies don't have the public do their beta testing for them. This particular leak doesn't appear to be close to a final version and there have been similar leaks for the Droid as well.

In another forum I use to belong to the subject of public beta testing has been brought up regularly. We'd like to think that HTC is looking at this forum for feedback all the time, but it simply doesn't happen that way.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has been using it today I would like some feedback, I have a Droid and not the Eris but happy for you guys! Time to get off of 1.6 already :D

cheesecake

Reaction score
it installed great, but now i can't add any htc widgets to my home screens, like mail, ect
when i pull up htc widget the screen is empty and it won't let me load them

so i am going to reinstall 2.1 again, and i think i missed it up when i did my backup

cheesecake

Reaction score
it installed great, but now i can't add any htc widgets to my home screens, like mail, ect

hmmm thats odd mine came up fine

I think when i did my back up i got excited and screwed up and hit to use my system settings from 1.5...and i think that fubared the whole operation. It did a force stop on my back up then none of my widgets worked. Its all most done reinstalling now, so i will try it again......

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
just tap the power key over Bootloader is what i did and it went through everything to look for the rom and then it will ask you if you want to update and then its pretty much on autopilot once you select yes to update

*edit* oh and btw youtube app works now too

Oooooooh.....It's on now! Here we go. :icon_ banana: Hope I haven't just screwed my phone up.

how is it working?

Seems to be fine. Don't notice any difference in speed. Just subtile things so far but I am at work and haven't been able to play with it much.

divalibra

Reaction score
Can't get it to work..it wont go past the hboot screen...it will list all the files but wont load them..am i doing something wrong

**nevermind..now i have a black screen with the phone laying down and a white triangle with an orange exclamation mark inside of the triangle**

Reaction score
So I've been toying around with it all morning and I must say that the phone does feel a bit snappier.. NO FC's on anything and i've re-downloaded about 15 apps already.

So so far so good.... Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im thinking about flashing this to my wifes phone. Is there any back up to be done before the flash, or do you just reflash to factory default (reset) if you dont like it?

mhotovec

Reaction score

hmmm thats odd mine came up fine

I think when i did my back up i got excited and screwed up and hit to use my system settings from 1.5...and i think that fubared the whole operation. It did a force stop on my back up then none of my widgets worked. Its all most done reinstalling now, so i will try it again......

Right, on another forum they state that using previous systems settings is NOT the right thing to do.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OP has been updated with a mirror and a tutorial also