2.1 leaked for Eris

cheesecake

Reaction score
Im thinking about flashing this to my wifes phone. Is there any back up to be done before the flash, or do you just reflash to factory default (reset) if you dont like it?
I'm curious about this, too. If you have issues, do you just do a factory reset and you are back at 1.5?

I hope thats the cause, I doubt verizon would like very much for me to take my phone in with a bootleg 2.1 verison on it.....I can see that voiding my warranty.

mhotovec

Reaction score
Well, I just lost all of my wifes contacts. She isnt impressed. I guess her contacts arent saved in her google account like mine are on my droid?

And she said "Bob, Dammit"... :)
Contacts CAN be backed up to her online GMail account, but obviously she wasn't set up that way. Perhaps you (or she) would like to take this opportunity to set them up that way, for the next time something happens to her phone.

mhotovec

Reaction score
Im thinking about flashing this to my wifes phone. Is there any back up to be done before the flash, or do you just reflash to factory default (reset) if you dont like it?
I'm curious about this, too. If you have issues, do you just do a factory reset and you are back at 1.5?

I hope thats the cause, I doubt verizon would like very much for me to take my phone in with a bootleg 2.1 verison on it.....I can see that voiding my warranty.

From what I understand from another forum, a factory reset will NOT take you back to 1.5. Though there is a rumor (RUMOR, now mind you) that you could flash 1.5 back onto the phone using basically the same process used to take it to 2.1. So far folks are saying that it CAN be done, but no one is saying that it HAS been done.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Well, I just lost all of my wifes contacts. She isnt impressed. I guess her contacts arent saved in her google account like mine are on my droid?

Contacts CAN be backed up to her online GMail account, but obviously she wasn't set up that way. Perhaps you (or she) would like to take this opportunity to set them up that way, for the next time something happens to her phone.

How can you do this? Other than going in and telling it NOT to sync. I have heard a few people talking about this in the last few weeks, my Droid won't let me create a contact without telling it what "Account" it goes with.

mhotovec

Reaction score

How can you do this? Other than going in and telling it NOT to sync. I have heard a few people talking about this in the last few weeks, my Droid won't let me create a contact without telling it what "Account" it goes with.

In the People app make sure the contact's type is 'google', not 'phone'.
Then under menu>settings>synchronization>google make sure the contacts are set to sync, and that autosync is turned on.

dmt316

Reaction score
so im def thinking of doing this to my wife's phone when i get home. if i can only convince her to let me do it.....

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
so im def thinking of doing this to my wife's phone when i get home. if i can only convince her to let me do it.....
That's my current train of thought. Either I try to convince her and I'm sure she'll be happier once its done, or I just wait and let her get it when she gets it OTA and skip the convincing part LOL

dmt316

Reaction score
lol.. she was ok with it until i said she will loose pix and txt

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I'm afraid of also, she isn't going to like starting over from scratch lol

divalibra

Reaction score
Okay so I have followed suit and added 2.1 to my Eris. So far I really like what I "see", the feel of the phone is definitely snappier. After installing it, I went to the market to try and find my apps..but they were not there!! But then..it happened..i remembered reading somewhere to use Astrofile manager as a backup assistant..so I reinstalled that app from the market and opened it to view all the files that I have on my card..and SURE enough...all of my apps were and pics were there!! :icon_ banana: So I just had to reinstall them from the card. Now onto the interesting thing..before adding 2.1 I'd used up 77 mb out of the 159 mb available..after adding 2.1 and reinstalling everything my sd card shows that I am using 59 mb out of the 159!! Could it be :icon_eek: are the backed up apps using memory from the sd card and not the phone now?? Even when I go into settings>>sd card and phone storage it shows 95.18 mb of internal phone storage. Can any one who has installed 2.1 and reinstalled their apps from the backup file that they created check their phone storage and eithr confirm or deny this!

pcandroid

Reaction score
Finally we get to mess up our wifes phones. Im so excited. Downloading now.

divalibra

Reaction score
Download sms backup and restore so that you all don't lose your wives' txt messages..would hate to see a segment of you guys on the show Snapped!

dmt316

Reaction score
Download sms backup and restore so that you all don't lose your wives' txt messages..would hate to see a segment of you guys on the show Snapped!

haha thank:rofl3:s for lookin out!!!

hlaalu

Reaction score
Okay so I have followed suit and added 2.1 to my Eris. So far I really like what I "see", the feel of the phone is definitely snappier. After installing it, I went to the market to try and find my apps..but they were not there!! But then..it happened..i remembered reading somewhere to use Astrofile manager as a backup assistant..so I reinstalled that app from the market and opened it to view all the files that I have on my card..and SURE enough...all of my apps were and pics were there!! :icon_ banana: So I just had to reinstall them from the card. Now onto the interesting thing..before adding 2.1 I'd used up 77 mb out of the 159 mb available..after adding 2.1 and reinstalling everything my sd card shows that I am using 59 mb out of the 159!! Could it be :icon_eek: are the backed up apps using memory from the sd card and not the phone now?? Even when I go into settings>>sd card and phone storage it shows 95.18 mb of internal phone storage. Can any one who has installed 2.1 and reinstalled their apps from the backup file that they created check their phone storage and eithr confirm or deny this!

is astro file manager the best way to back up the phone?