2.1 leaked for Eris

Nowherefast

Reaction score
So how long does to whole process take...my phone is currently showing a phone lying down with triangle exclamation point and it has been in this state for about 5 minutes or so....is it doing something or is it stuck?

oopslolz

Reaction score
So how long does to whole process take...my phone is currently showing a phone lying down with triangle exclamation point and it has been in this state for about 5 minutes or so....is it doing something or is it stuck?

mines doing the same thing. reminds me of the sad mac face for ipods so I battery pulled and my old install is still there. I dont know if we're supposed to see that screen.

HALP

Nowherefast

Reaction score
Okay, I'll do a battery pull to...mine has been on that picture for about 15 minutes now....does anyone know how long the whole process took?

l0stperfecti0n

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly, but I would say the whole process took about 10 minutes for me. The phone seems to run smoother with a lot less lag with 2.1.

Nowherefast

Reaction score
where did you place the PB00IMG.zip file on your SD card...I currently have mine in /my downloads/...I guess I'll try moving directly on the SD card and in no specific folder.

l0stperfecti0n

Reaction score
I didn't put the file in any folder. Like you said, I just put it on the SD card and it worked fine.

Nowherefast

Reaction score
Just moved the file from the download folder straight to SD CARD and it looks like that was the key...thanks l0stperfection

bllarkin

Reaction score
Im thinking about flashing this to my wifes phone. Is there any back up to be done before the flash, or do you just reflash to factory default (reset) if you dont like it?
I'm curious about this, too. If you have issues, do you just do a factory reset and you are back at 1.5?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im thinking about flashing this to my wifes phone. Is there any back up to be done before the flash, or do you just reflash to factory default (reset) if you dont like it?
I'm curious about this, too. If you have issues, do you just do a factory reset and you are back at 1.5?
I guess its a secret. I just backed up the apps with Astro, my wife didnt care about her text messages, and everything else is covered in the cloud. Im hoping a factory reset will work if it is needed.

cheesecake

Reaction score
Got it all fixed up awhile ago, reinstalled 2.1 and it was fine.

DO NOT USE YOUR FACTORY SETTING RESTORE ON YOUR BACK UP SOFTWARE! IT WAS SCREW IT UP MAJORLY

First Impressions, seems to flip screens quicker, the new market place is bad ass, sorts out free and paid apps, you tube works, the voice directions with GPS seems like it would work but I am in an office building and GPS signal is nil, and thats about all I've played with after reinstalling all my apps and organizing my screens the way I like.

I will play with it more when I get home.

If it just lags a little less I will be all over it. I get quite of a bit of lag when flipping around my screens.

Back up your contacts! Mine did not transfer with my Gmail crap! Gladly I backed them up.