RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's the most credible theory:

Update went out to VZ engineers phones.

Engineers went to try rooting it.

They succeeded.

Supposed Test Rollout Fails.

VZ needs to face it, it will be rooted no matter what you try, but blaming distribution? That may work on the lemmings who don't even know there is/was an update supposedly going out. But C'mon, the rest of us out there deserve a better explanation that some half baked story.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So i just have to ask. Has anyone woke up with "the triangle" this morning???

No, there have been no visual signs of triangles, UFO's or big foot for that matter at this time.

However I do believe they are out there. It's just a matter of time. ;)

huskur

Reaction score

No, there have been no visual signs of triangles, UFO's or big foot for that matter at this time.

I have been pondering rooting back with droidmod until it has been rolled out. Kind of missing the benefits of root and all the stuff that comes with it. I will give till Monday to see signs of the general public receiving the update. I will call Verizon soon....what help that will do i have no clue but maybe they can give me a little insight whether it be right or wrong

tehpriest

Reaction score
2.1 available for Milstone?

I have just been reading the Moto Facebook page and it seems to suggest 2.1 is available for Milestone already. It points to THIS PAGE for the sbf. Is this correct?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have been pondering rooting back with droidmod until it has been rolled out. Kind of missing the benefits of root and all the stuff that comes with it. I will give till Monday to see signs of the general public receiving the update. I will call Verizon soon....what help that will do i have no clue but maybe they can give me a little insight whether it be right or wrong

Interestingly enough I haven't been missing the benefits of rooting. Matter of fact I'm enjoying the longer battery life, the droid not heating up on me as much. I already had stopped using live wallpaper before removing the root.

If I get bored with it I might go back to it. That's what makes Droidmod so cool, it's just so easy to install and uninstall.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
If a consultant was hired to help Bitfone "redesign" the distribution backbone, then, I am pretty sure that we are going to be waiting, not several days, but probably several weeks. If the problem is of such magnitude that a consultant had to be called to advise them on redesigning of the equipment set up that pushes out the updates, then how on earth did 2.0.1 get pushed out successfully? And, just how bad was the problem? It has been my experience that a consultant is only called in after the in-house people assigned to fix a given problem uncover more than they anticipated.

I think someone dropped the ball at Bitfone, and dropped it big time, and the best way they have to explain it is "we encountered a problem with the distribution"....Not saying this is a conspiracy, or anything, but I am just saying that the problem is probably larger than we are thinking it is.. I can't even begin to speculate what that might be.

baniels

Reaction score
...wouldn't it make sense for VZW/Moto to make all their existing customers happier with a new release and continue to get word out through the existing customers about how great the DROID is and continue the rapid growth and popularity of the phone?

What does VZW/Moto have to gain by not putting out the OTA update?

they have nothing to gain but everything to lose if the update has major bugs.

That's my point exactly Corinacakes

It sounds to me like her point was exactly the opposite of yours.

Orion223

Reaction score

Did just that last night - Verizon tech support rep, in typical bureaucrat-eze, had absolutely no clue, had no idea who sets the rollout schedule, wasn't sure who was getting what when ... geez, they could at least come up with a plausible 'talking points' memo for them to reference when they get these questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.